Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 2 Rounds - Updated 1/24 ***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: *** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 2 Rounds - Updated 1/24 *** Reply with quote

Round 1:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB

I think the Chiefs need to take a QB at #1 overall. It's clear that Cassel is not the answer. There is always talks of someone other than a QB going #1 overall but is usually ends up being a QB.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Star Lotulelei, DT/NT

I think this pick could be Lotulelei. He's possibly the BPA and would fill a need at DT and should improve the defense immensely.

3. Oakland Raiders - Luke Joeckel, OT

If Star is gone I think the Raiders will consider either one of the DE's or Joeckel. In this version of my mock I'll give them Joeckel.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Dee Milliner, CB

I think the Eagles could consider Milliner. Nnamdi declined tremendously and DRC never lived up to the hype so they need a new #1.

5. Detroit Lions - Damontre Moore, DE

The Lions usually take the BPA which could easily be Moore in this scenario. They would have a pretty scary d-line if he was the pick.

6. Cleveland Browns - Bjoern Werner, DE/OLB

If the Browns are going to move to a 3/4 they need the personnel to make the switch. That might require taking a rush linebacker in the draft.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Eric Fisher, OT

I've had a QB here in most of my previous updates, but since Arians was hired as the QB he may feel fine with Kolb as the QB since he runs a similar system that was already in place. That being said, they should take an o-lineman to protect him. Specifically they need an OT.

8. Buffalo Bills - Mike Glennon, QB

I still think Nassib will be considered here but since the Bills have been forthcoming about their desires in the past and they have been truthful, it would only make sense that they are being truthful about liking Glennon.

9. New York Jets - Tyler Wilson, QB

The Jets have given up on Mark Sanchez. I think there's a very slim chance he is the starter on day 1 next season. They may look at drafting a QB instead.

10. Tennessee Titans - Chance Warmack, OG

I think the Titans could consider Warmack if he's available. They need o-line help and he's probably the BPA.

11. San Diego Chargers - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB

The Chargers could look for a pass rusher. Melvin Ingram has been only decent at best but could improve with a quality pass rusher plain opposite of him.

12. Miami Dolphins - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

I think the WRs are bunched together right now but Patterson has a chance to break away from the pack. He could also work his way up draft boards to be considered in the top 15 range. The Dolphins are the most obvious team with a WR need so they could consider taking him.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes, CB

The Bucs need CB help badly. Since Milliner is expected to be long gone I think they could consider either Rhodes or Banks. Rhodes might beat out Banks for the #2 CB.

14. Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Richardson, DT

The Panthers could look for defensive help. One place specifically is at defensive tackle. It looks like Richardson has passed Hankins as the #2 DT, for now at least.

15. New Orleans Saints - Dion Jordan, DE

The Saints could look for defensive help in the draft. They could look for a defensive end to upgrade the d-line and pass rush.

16. St. Louis Rams - Jarvis Jones, LB

Many think Jones should play in a 3/4 but I think he could be a SLB in a 4/3 just fine. Jeff Fisher will probably look to build his defense in this draft. Ultimately I think Jones will fall due to spinal stenosis, but for now I'll leave him here until more becomes known about his condition.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB

The Steelers could be looking for a rush linebacker in this draft. They are always looking to reload their pass rush every few years.

18. Dallas Cowboys - Johnathan Hankins, DT/NT

The Cowboys could be looking for personnel to help transition to a 4/3. That may include a DT.

19. New York Giants - Jonathan Cooper, OG

The Giants may be looking for o-line help in this draft.

20. Chicago Bears - Lane Johnson, OT

The Bears need offensive line help badly. They need to protect Cutler and Marc Trestman being a QB guy I'm sure understands the important of keeping your QB on the field and standing upright. The OTs got moved up a lot in this draft due to a bunch going back.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Kenny Vaccaro, S

The Bengals could be looking at a safety. Vaccaro, Elam and Reid are the top safeties available so one of them may be considered.

22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington) - Matt Elam, S

The Rams will look to continue to build the defense in 2013. They may be looking for a safety in the draft.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Keenan Allen, WR

Other than Percy Harvin, who's injury prone, the Vikings don't have much at WR. They need to consider taking a WR with this pick.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Johnthan Banks, CB

I think WR is a possibility for the Colts here but with Patterson and Allen off the board, they look somewhere else. They need help at CB so they could consider one of the first round CBs if any are left.

25. Seattle Seahawks - DeAndre Hopkins, WR

The Seahawks may look for a playmaker in this draft. They've been a little thin at WR so taking one wouldn't be a terrible idea. Something tells me Pete Carroll will like Hopkins.

26. Green Bay Packers - Larry Warford, OG

The Packers don't have a lot of needs but guard is one of them. Luckily for them Warford is still available.

27. Houston Texans - Tavon Austin, WR

The Texans could look for another playmaker on offense. They need a WR to compliment Andre Johnson. They get that here with Austin.

28. Denver Broncos - Kevin Minter, LB

The Broncos are most likely going to be looking for a new ILB.

29. New England Patriots - Barrett Jones, OL

Barrett Jones is such a Patriots player in my opinion. Belichick loves versatile players and that's what he would be getting here with Jones who can play a few positions on the o-line.

30. Atlanta Falcons - Zach Ertz, TE

The Falcons could consider a TE here. They will need to replace Tony Gonzales. Since Ertz and Eifert are both available in this version of my mock they get their choice. I think Ertz is currently the top TE. That may change again before draft day.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Tyler Eifert, TE

The 49ers don't have a lot of needs and they have a lot of picks in this draft. They are in a position to take a luxury pick like Eifert.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Manti Te'o, LB

The Te'o slide comes to an end. The Ravens could be a team that considers taking him. Even though Lewis is retiring, they still have a strong clubhouse presence with Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed and Ray Rice. They also haven't been afraid to take players with character concerns in the past.

Round 2:

33. Jacksonville Jaguars - Matt Barkley, QB

Gus Bradley may want to bring in his own guy at QB. Gabbert hasn't shown any signs of improvement and Henne is a good backup at best.

34. Kansas City Chiefs - Justin Hunter, WR

The Chiefs will look to grab a compliment to their QB if they take a QB #1 overall. Dwayne Bowe is probably leaving too so that makes WR even a bigger need.

35. Philadelphia Eagles - Alec Ogletree, LB

The Eagles need help at linebacker. They should consider taking one with this pick.

36. Detroit Lions - Eric Reid, S

The Lions secondary needs help. They could look for multiple upgrades there.

37. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland) - Robert Woods, WR

The Bengals have two picks in the second round so one may used on a luxury pick like this. They haven't had a true #2 WR opposite of AJ Green. Adding one would add another element to the offense since Green should expect more double teams next year.

38. Arizona Cardinals - Datone Jones, DE/DT

The Cardinals could look for defensive line help in this draft.

39. Tennessee Titans - Johnathan Jenkins, DT/NT

The Titans might be looking for a DT in this draft. They need one more DT to play next to Casey.

40. New York Jets - DJ Fluker, OL

The Jets could look to upgrade the offensive line. They may look at someone like Fluker. Fluker can possibly play RT or he may have to move inside to guard.

41. Buffalo Bills - Terrance Williams, WR

The Bills need to take someone to compliment Stevie Johnson. They have nothing at WR besides him. They also get a new weapon for their QB.

42. Miami Dolphins - Margus Hunt, DE

The Dolphins could use a pass rusher to play opposite of Cameron Wake.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Logan Ryan, CB

I think the Bucs could take a CB in round 1 and round 2. The Bucs have shown a willingness to do this at positions of need in years past. They might prefer Ryan over some of the other round 2 CBs because Schiano knows him well from their time at Rutgers.

44. Carolina Panthers - Jordan Poyer, CB

The Panthers need corner help. They get it here with Poyer in round 2.

45. San Diego Chargers - Desmond Trufant, CB

Jammer is growing older and they may look for a CB to eventually replace him.

46. St. Louis Rams - Oday Aboushi, OT

The Rams should look at an offensive lineman early in this draft. I know Jeff Fisher typically doesn't take O-lineman early but he may want to consider an OT in this draft if he wants to avoid making Sam Bradford the next David Carr.

47. Dallas Cowboys - Ryan Nassib, QB

I'm sure Cowboys fans will despise this pick, but I think the Cowboys will consider a QB in this draft. They are unhappy with Romo and he could be on a short leash. Garrett could be pressured to go with a different QB next season if he wants to keep his job, which he probably won't always.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jesse Williams, NT

The Steelers may take a defensive lineman in this draft. Specifically they could look for a NT.

49. New York Giants - Sam Montgomery, DE

The Giants may be looking for a pass rusher in this draft. They may take one round 1 but there are a lot of quality pass rushers so they may wait. Montgomery has fallen a bit but could still go top 50.

50. Chicago Bears - Khaseem Greene, LB

The Bears could be looking for a linebacker in this draft. Their current LBs are getting older and have experienced some injuries recently.

51. Washington Redskins - Justin Pugh, OT

The Redskins may be looking for an upgrade at RT.

52. Minnesota Vikings - Arthur Brown, LB

The Vikings may be looking for an upgrade at linebacker in this draft.

53. Cincinnati Bengals - Eddie Lacy, RB

The Bengals don't have a lot of needs so they can take a luxury pick like a RB. BJGE has been their only quality RB this year so they could be looking for one in the draft to back him up. I just don't see a lot of teams needing RBs and there being a lot of quality RBs in this draft. Basically, there is more supply then demand. Therefore teams will wait for RBs and take them in the mid-late rounds instead of taking them early. Lacy will probably be the first RB off the board.

54. Miami Dolphins (From Indianapolis) - David Amerson, CB

The Dolphins may be looking for a CB in this draft. Amerson was once projected to go much higher than this so they could be getting a steal.

55. Seattle Seahawks - Sylvester Williams, DT/NT

The Seahawks could look for a DT in this draft. They could improve the d-line in the middle.

56. Green Bay Packers - Marcus Lattimore, RB

I could see the Packers being a potential suitor for Lattimore. They don't run the ball often so they may only ask 5-10 touches of him a game, if that. They could use him when it gets to playoff time and they start running the ball more.

57. Houston Texans - Sharrif Floyd, NT/DT

The Texans could be looking for depth on the defense. One place is NT.

58. Denver Broncos - Jamar Taylor, CB

The Broncos secondary was getting burned in their playoff loss. They may look for an upgrade at multiple positions.

59. New England Patriots - Da'Rick Rogers, WR

The Patriots need WR help and Rogers seems like a Patriots type pick to me. A player that was once projected to go much higher but has fallen due to on or off the field issues.

60. Atlanta Falcons - Alex Okafor, DE

The Falcons may be looking for a DE in this draft. They need to improve the pass rush. Okafor could go a lot higher than this but there are just so many pass rushers in this draft.

61. San Francisco 49ers - Devin Taylor, DE/OLB

The 49ers don't have a lot of needs so they can take some luxury picks like this one. Taylor may shoot up draft boards as his height/weight/speed should impress teams. Harbaugh may be willing to take a chance on him.

62. Baltimore Ravens - Chris Faulk, OT

The Ravens could be looking for a LT. That would allow Oher to go back to RT.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30

Last edited by LeGarrettsBlunt on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 53 times in total
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd cry if the Bears didn't pick Warmack
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fine it unlikely that they will take Matt Barkley. Post combine and all that stuff is just going to hurt Barkley. Will be luck to be a first round pick after all that stuff.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Colts pick, but I'm not so sure about passing on Warmack.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eagles offensive line needs are depth related, we lost 3 starters and didn't have the depth needed to make up for that. Although in recent weeks our line has gotten better as young guys get experience.

Our pass rush sucks balls, we do need a pass rusher. I guess there I would take Star to pair with Cox to help our dline.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
green24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad for the Jets. A pass rusher is sorely needed, although Mingo is not my favorite pass rusher available.
sadjag

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dumbfounded with the first pick of the draft we choose a player at a position we don't need a starter at. And the player in question is good but you seriously think he's the best player in this draft? So basically your argument is that the Jaguars will do this because they have made surprising picks in the past?

I hear the Long Snapper out of the Colorado School of Mines is purdy good, why not just throw him in there next time Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice for the Cowboys. Cool
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Titans pick and agreed on your explanation although I doubt Hankins ever reaches Haynesworth status of 07-08.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would rather Star for the Eagles.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible pick for the Browns and pathetic reasoning. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to the Browns. You have probably never even watched them play like 90% of this board. We have 5 WR on the roster with 3 years or less experience 3 of which are rookies. Greg Little is having a fine year in only his 2nd season. Everyone knows it takes 3 years for a WR to truely take flight in the NFL.

Do some better research and maybe watch the Browns before you next mock. Try DE, CB, LB or TE.

Jamison on the sig
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack is not a good pick for the Packers. We have our guards on the team and under contract for another 4-5 years, we need Barrett Jones or Jon Cooper who can play center for us.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Terrible pick for the Browns and pathetic reasoning. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to the Browns. You have probably never even watched them play like 90% of this board. We have 5 WR on the roster with 3 years or less experience 3 of which are rookies. Greg Little is having a fine year in only his 2nd season. Everyone knows it takes 3 years for a WR to truely take flight in the NFL.

Do some better research and maybe watch the Browns before you next mock. Try DE, CB, LB or TE.

I agree with this 100%.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams wanted Justin Blackmon in 2012 but were unable to get him. They may look to take a WR in 2013 to lead their mediocre WR corps.

Rams never wanted Blackmon, that's why they traded down. Fisher slammed his glasses down when the Jags jumped over the Rams to take Blackmon because Fisher had another trade down for Blackmon in the works. Then the Cowboys called and wanted Claiborne, so the Rams moved down again. Multiple trade down was their plan all along so they could fill several holes.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible Jets pick. There is no way they're passing on Warmack. Give Chance Warmack to the Jets.

Jamison.'s Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: