Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin to IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
This should hopefully end Ponders career with his YAC guy out

This so much

Joe_is_the_best ^^
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Is ponder still the future? looked good at times but struggled mightily as well. What do you think - they'll give him one more year?

They have to, what alternative is there really? The Vikings will be picking in that dreaded 15-18 range, there usually arent QBs taken in that spot and it doesnt seem like a good class.

In most years, I'd agree with you. But the latest projections are that Barkley and Smith will fall to the middle of the 1st round. Will be very interesting to see how strong their commitment is to Ponder if one or both of those guys are sitting on the board when the Vikes' pick comes up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ankle sprang takes over half a season to heal? Something is fishy here. I have a feeling that harvin has played his last game in purple. Well, unless the ravens are the team that trades for him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Ankle sprain, it is possible, and let's not forget when he sprained he was also dealing with hip issues. There has been nothing to suggest as of late that he and the team are at odds. Could he have played the last two weeks of the season if they hadn't IR'ed him, very possible, probably more of a move to grab extra roster space for another WR and not risk more injury to Harvin as the team wasn't really ever all that much in the playoff push, the first half of the schedule was always known as easy.

Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
What ankle sprang takes over half a season to heal? Something is fishy here. I have a feeling that harvin has played his last game in purple. Well, unless the ravens are the team that trades for him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Harvin making headlines this off-season...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, Harvin tore a ligament in his ankle. Would explain why he wasn't healing as fast.

Kempes on the custom sig!
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Ankle sprains can take up to 1-6 months to fully heal.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
Yeah, Vikings have already beat most peoples win projections by 3. With that said, this sucks in terms of development and evaluating Ponder. Harvin is probably one of two WR's (maybe 3) on the Vikings who deserve to be on an NFL roster, and the other two Jarius Wright and Jerome Simpson should be #4 & #5 at best on an NFL roster.

Is ponder still the future? looked good at times but struggled mightily as well. What do you think - they'll give him one more year?

He'll still be here next year. He's not the future though. A year from now we will still be talking about quarterbacks in the upcoming 2013 draft. That's when you panic and take a player based on need rather than taking BPA.

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:

Yeah, he tore a ligament in his ankle. I did the same thing ski racing and it took eight months before it felt the same.
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadgerBoy001 wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:

Yeah, he tore a ligament in his ankle. I did the same thing ski racing and it took eight months before it felt the same.

The talking heads in the cities are saying otherwise. When this blows up in the offseason just remember that packerfaninmn said it first. Percy could play and I will leave it at that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Percy is probably my favorite player in the NFL that's not a Falcon, and loved him from his first days at Florida, even as a Bulldog.

Percy, for whatever reason, is seemingly becoming one of the most injury prone players I'm the entire NFL.. which is truly sad because when the kid is healthy, he is arguably one of if not the best in the league when he's got his hands on the ball, whether it coming from catching the ball, getting the ball via a hand-off, and especially when he's returning a punt or a kickoff... His agility, quickness, explosiveness, and speed make him one of the most athletic players in the NFL as well.. and when he is healthy, that Vikings team is so much better by having him on the offense, or making big plays via special teams. The Vikings with or without Percy is literally like a night and day different. I just wish the kid didn't end up getting hurt one way or another so often.. and ill never understand why some people are so injury prone compared to others...

I don't want to see Percy go down as one of those "what ifs" for hoe great he could have been if the injuries just continue to set him back year after year after year. I hope he can somehow figure out how to keep his body at full strength and injury free.. because if he can do that, we will be seeing an amazing football player for many more years to come..

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
BadgerBoy001 wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:

The talking heads in the cities are saying otherwise. When this blows up in the offseason just remember that packerfaninmn said it first. Percy could play and I will leave it at that.

you didn't say anything "first."

there have been rumblings of Harvin disappointed with Minny all season long.

Ketchup wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, Harvin tore a ligament in his ankle. Would explain why he wasn't healing as fast.

exactly. he's not able to play physically. he's not being held out for a conspiracy reason.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has killed Ponder! Ponder started out the year decent when he had harbinger to throw to. Now he has no wr options that are a threat.

It's pretty clear to me the Vikes top choice in the NFL draft should be a wr and they'd probably want to take another one in the middle rounds as well.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rdharbuck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
Percy is probably my favorite player in the NFL that's not a Falcon, and loved him from his first days at Florida, even as a Bulldog.

Percy, for whatever reason, is seemingly becoming one of the most injury prone players I'm the entire NFL.. which is truly sad because when the kid is healthy, he is arguably one of if not the best in the league when he's got his hands on the ball, whether it coming from catching the ball, getting the ball via a hand-off, and especially when he's returning a punt or a kickoff... His agility, quickness, explosiveness, and speed make him one of the most athletic players in the NFL as well.. and when he is healthy, that Vikings team is so much better by having him on the offense, or making big plays via special teams. The Vikings with or without Percy is literally like a night and day different. I just wish the kid didn't end up getting hurt one way or another so often.. and ill never understand why some people are so injury prone compared to others...

I don't want to see Percy go down as one of those "what ifs" for hoe great he could have been if the injuries just continue to set him back year after year after year. I hope he can somehow figure out how to keep his body at full strength and injury free.. because if he can do that, we will be seeing an amazing football player for many more years to come..

Hasn't he only missed like 3 games in 3 years before this?
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdharbuck wrote:
coors wrote:

Hasn't he only missed like 3 games in 3 years before this?

Yes before this year he had only missed 3 games. I don't know where people get this injury prone stuff.

FYI: Hasn't had a migraine since 2010. It was discovered that sleep apnea was causing the migraines.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: