Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Try this Mock on for Size
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I too question the Reid pick. What about taking a guy like Amerson there to play safety? I think I'd feel more comfortable with Amerson at that pick then Reid. Love the Jefferson pick in the second and Wheaton. Not sold on Jordan giving us the type of impact we need out of our first rounders. As others have said, a guy like Warmack or Cooper might be nice here, as they would have immediate impact to our team.

And I hope we don't ignore the OLB position like always, its arguably one of the biggest areas of need.

That's the point of Jordan. He'd give us a dual impact as a SLB and a pass rusher. Incredible upside but there are questions about how good he'll be as a pass rusher.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Wr80

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I havent forgotten about Rok one bit i just dont think hes that good. And he played what... 2 games? Before he was on IR? Yeah it doesnt have to be Warmack, in fact if we can find a good starter in the other rounds as oppose to Warmack then i welcome it completely.

It was one and to be honest, was pretty good. Wasn't the greatest but for a rookie and 5th round pick I think he had a pretty stout game. Pretty good mock, not a huge fan of overwhelming the defense with picks, but dang it would be a top tier defense. Just don't like Reid.. I don't see what everyone else sees in him, he's not a real elite safety..
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
I too question the Reid pick. What about taking a guy like Amerson there to play safety? I think I'd feel more comfortable with Amerson at that pick then Reid. Love the Jefferson pick in the second and Wheaton. Not sold on Jordan giving us the type of impact we need out of our first rounders. As others have said, a guy like Warmack or Cooper might be nice here, as they would have immediate impact to our team.

And I hope we don't ignore the OLB position like always, its arguably one of the biggest areas of need.

That's the point of Jordan. He'd give us a dual impact as a SLB and a pass rusher. Incredible upside but there are questions about how good he'll be as a pass rusher.

You like Jordan as a OLB in a 4-3? Was pretty sure he was projecting as a OLB in a 3-4, just doubt he has coverage skills in our system. Was thinking for us he would have his hand on the ground.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

You like Jordan as a OLB in a 4-3? Was pretty sure he was projecting as a OLB in a 3-4, just doubt he has coverage skills in our system. Was thinking for us he would have his hand on the ground.
You have the completely wrong impression on Jordan.

This is a guy who lines up outside as a Corner at Oregon. His speed/range/coverage ability is his best asset right now. He has a narrow base so his run support isnt the best, he couldnt handle his hand on the ground in the NFL, and even as an OLB he could be susceptible
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Oregon often lines Jordan up in the slot or even outside and has him press WRs. He's an amazing athlete.

The bigger question with his, like it was with Manny Lawson, is how good of a pass rusher will he become?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good defensively but we are struggling so much on offense we need to address it earlier and more often.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
Its good defensively but we are struggling so much on offense we need to address it earlier and more often.
We actually have a bunch of upgrades to this current Offense that we saw out there today.

Having Watkins back at LG solves alot of problems (I cant believe how fast most of you forget) And then adding a Very Good RT like Loadholt reall rounds out this OL. Obviously injuries are things that are going to be a concern, but the starting 5 OL of Saffold-Watkins-Wells-Dahl-Loadholt is a Dominant Run blocking Line and plenty good at keeping Sam clean.

Bringing back both Amendola and Steven keep the reliable parts of the offense intact. If we run this offense correctly we are goong to be seeing alot more Running than Passing, and that should open up the WRs just as much as anything else.

I know I am relying alot on Quick growing into more of what they expect for next year, but we have seen the raw ability, we just need to see them figure out how to get it all out of him and use it correctly. Givens is a very good secondary weapon, and Wheaton is a guy who can add even more of that Spped element that we need.

Not to mention adding a real blocking TE, allowing Kendricks to be the real recevng weapon that he can be. We see a flash or two of it every week.

So in one offseason we upgrade in 2 OL spots, one getting healthy and another signing. We keep the assests we have at RB, with an improved OL that should make the run game even better. And most importantly we go From these Weapons:
-(a banged up) Amendola
-Gibson
-Givens
-Pettis
-(blocking) Kendricks
-Steve Smith
-(a rookie) Quick
-Mulligan
-Mike McNeill
To a new arsenal of this:
-Amendola (hopefully healthy)
-Givens
-Quick (presumably better)
-Kendricks (less blocking)
-Markus Wheaton
-Michael Williams (blocking)
-Mychael Rivera

Obviously we would be adding a Veteran/Free Agent WR or two as the #5 & 6 guys. In that we have upgraded (in my mind) at the very least 7 spots on the offense, possibly 9 or more.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the mock one thing that we need to upgrade that's become clear over last couple of games without Danny is punt returner. It's painful to watch him back there every week. Though he did catch all five balls thrown to him this week.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

This is a guy who lines up outside as a Corner at Oregon. His speed/range/coverage ability is his best asset right now. He has a narrow base so his run support isnt the best, he couldnt handle his hand on the ground in the NFL, and even as an OLB he could be susceptible

So where do you suggest we play him?
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

OLB...

ramsfan55

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

OLB...

Lunatic just got done saying he would be "susceptible" as anOLB
Halradio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the free agency portion - particularly going after a qualityRT and resigning Danny and Steven.

The only FA part of the mock I disagree with is signing Tommy Kelly (or any big name DT). The Rams put a lot of money into the center of the D-line this past year with Brockers and Langford and both have certainly proven their worth.

I definitely agree Safety HAS to be a top priority in the draft. If you had pick one part of the defense which has failed time and again that would be it.

The only other change I could see is potentially drafting a RB in the higher rounds. I know Richardson has at times looked like a workhorse back; however, he has also put the ball on the ground more than a few times. Pead has been a complete non-factor this year - speed doesn't matter if you can't get out of the backfield. In short I am not convinced Steve Jackson's replacement is on the roster.

Nice work overall.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

OLB...

Lunatic just got done saying he would be "susceptible" as anOLB
I said he could be susceptible as a 3-4 OLB. Where he is always up on the LOS and asked to continually rush the QB while responsible for setting the edge on most running plays. Anchoring & how his rush skills develop could be his weakness. but all the other attributes he looks like he could be great at. Which is why he cant play with his hand in the ground, and why I think he could end up being a better fit outside in a 4-3 than a 3-4 like most just assume.

Its almost the exact situation of Manny Lawson till he lost some speed (his main asset). As a 4-3 OLB, even a Sam backer, he is less relied on to be a run stuffer. He still has to but is more contain and wrap- up than set the edge. And maybe he builds that lower base, and is a ble to anchor, and suddenly we have an Amazing Sam LB that allows us to run a completely Hybrid Defense.
z-man68

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a huge Duck fan you can call my opinion bias and I would agree but I love the Dion Jordan pick.

As pointed out his best asset right now is his coverage ability and versatility. He has all the tools to develop into an elite pass rusher with his ridicules athleticism. He is a raw prospect (was recruited as a wr/te) but his 6-6 frame and length to go with 4.4/5 wheels and advanced coverage ability would be a huge advantage when trying to cover the new style of NFL TEs. He would be huge asset in helping cover Vernon Davis/Gronk/Graham type TEs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
We actually have a bunch of upgrades to this current Offense that we saw out there today.

Having Watkins back at LG solves alot of problems (I cant believe how fast most of you forget) And then adding a Very Good RT like Loadholt reall rounds out this OL. Obviously injuries are things that are going to be a concern, but the starting 5 OL of Saffold-Watkins-Wells-Dahl-Loadholt is a Dominant Run blocking Line and plenty good at keeping Sam clean.

Bringing back both Amendola and Steven keep the reliable parts of the offense intact. If we run this offense correctly we are goong to be seeing alot more Running than Passing, and that should open up the WRs just as much as anything else.

I know I am relying alot on Quick growing into more of what they expect for next year, but we have seen the raw ability, we just need to see them figure out how to get it all out of him and use it correctly. Givens is a very good secondary weapon, and Wheaton is a guy who can add even more of that Spped element that we need.

Not to mention adding a real blocking TE, allowing Kendricks to be the real recevng weapon that he can be. We see a flash or two of it every week.

The reason you see flashes of it is because he is inconstant, and lacks the physical attributes to overcome that. If Kendricks finds sustained success in the NFL as pass catcher, it will be a result of having an elite QB throwing to him, not his talent. He isn't fast, tall, or particularly savvy. Plus he his nickname is hand bricks. In an ideal situation, this guy is our 2nd TE.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: