Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Wrestling Eleven: Hell No & Ryback vs Shield *****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35710
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The guy with two 5* matches (including one with John Cena) isn't a good wrestler?
Could soon to be three when he goes one on one with The Great One.

In fact, if it isn't at least close to a 5 star match, I'd be surprised.


Rock will have some ring rust. He can sell like the best though
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blahman88


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 23951
Location: Eagles Forum HOF
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to save TLC

Let Dolph cash in before his match.......
_________________
IrishGreen wrote:
i love the eagles fans on here
i wish we could merge with them and make a mega fanbase

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21038
Location: Waynesville, NC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
How to save TLC

Let Dolph cash in before his match.......


I was thinking the same thing. But, with the WWE logic, they would then turn around the make the Cena/Ziggler match for the World Title and Cena would take the strap.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43163
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The guy with two 5* matches (including one with John Cena) isn't a good wrestler?
Could soon to be three when he goes one on one with The Great One.

In fact, if it isn't at least close to a 5 star match, I'd be surprised.


Rock will have some ring rust. He can sell like the best though
Ehh. Rock didn't have ring rust when he went at Survivor Series and Mania last year. He should be fine.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35710
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The guy with two 5* matches (including one with John Cena) isn't a good wrestler?
Could soon to be three when he goes one on one with The Great One.

In fact, if it isn't at least close to a 5 star match, I'd be surprised.


Rock will have some ring rust. He can sell like the best though
Ehh. Rock didn't have ring rust when he went at Survivor Series and Mania last year. He should be fine.


Rocky got winded badly during the WM match.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 21210
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Wasn't Punk's promo so good because Vince/WWE allowed him to air his grievances live on Raw and nothing was scripted thus why they killed his mic?

Yes, it's an awesome promo and an all-time great one but couldn't any intelligent WWE entertainer, who has been put on the backburner for too long, put up a similar promo if allowed to do the same?

Not knocking the promo as no one can deny that it saved the WWE and catapulted Punk into super-stardom.
Taker cut nearly the same promo 15 years ago, and really did it better. Punk's did not SAVE the WWE, the WWE would be just fine w/ or w/o Punk, but he probably is the best of this era.
Do you have a link to Taker's promo or anything? I'd like to see it as I don't remember it.

I probably saw it but I would have been around 10-11 when he did it if it was 15 years ago.

Pretty sure he's referring to the "staged shoot" shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-hdLhozNog

Which to be honest doesn't even hold a candle to the Pipebomb Heard Round the World. Taker stumbled through his delivery and it because painfully obvious very early on in it that it was a work. With Punk, you knew by the end that it was a work, but there were moments up until the mic was cut where you had your doubts. Throw in that the digs and breaks in kayfabe were far more blunt/blatant and the the delivery was seamless, by comparison to the Taker shoot above, and like I said... there really isn't grounds for comparison.

But even then, the promo's are terribly similar either, aside from the "Vince handpicks his champions" bit.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20264
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting Raw off right.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 42684
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The guy with two 5* matches (including one with John Cena) isn't a good wrestler?
Could soon to be three when he goes one on one with The Great One.

In fact, if it isn't at least close to a 5 star match, I'd be surprised.


Rock will have some ring rust. He can sell like the best though
Ehh. Rock didn't have ring rust when he went at Survivor Series and Mania last year. He should be fine.


Rocky got winded badly during the WM match.


pretty sure rock tore his quad, didnt he?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 9856
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can finally post with everyone in here again glad to be back
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 9856
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The guy with two 5* matches (including one with John Cena) isn't a good wrestler?
Could soon to be three when he goes one on one with The Great One.

In fact, if it isn't at least close to a 5 star match, I'd be surprised.


Rock will have some ring rust. He can sell like the best though
Ehh. Rock didn't have ring rust when he went at Survivor Series and Mania last year. He should be fine.


Rocky got winded badly during the WM match.


pretty sure rock tore his quad, didnt he?


The Rock couldnt hold the Sharp Shooter on Cena because he was so winded
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43163
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they reworked the Trips/Austin no contact clause for this stupid feud? And that poorly?
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20264
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
So they reworked the Trips/Austin no contact clause for this stupid feud? And that poorly?


No contact clause has been used dozens of times lol
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35710
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The guy with two 5* matches (including one with John Cena) isn't a good wrestler?
Could soon to be three when he goes one on one with The Great One.

In fact, if it isn't at least close to a 5 star match, I'd be surprised.


Rock will have some ring rust. He can sell like the best though
Ehh. Rock didn't have ring rust when he went at Survivor Series and Mania last year. He should be fine.


Rocky got winded badly during the WM match.


pretty sure rock tore his quad, didnt he?


The Rock couldnt hold the Sharp Shooter on Cena because he was so winded


Yup, halfway he was winded, but recovered for the ending.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 9856
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
So they reworked the Trips/Austin no contact clause for this stupid feud? And that poorly?


I remember that lol I went to a house show during that clause and they took the clause out "just for that night" and had them in a 8 man tag match
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 9856
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The guy with two 5* matches (including one with John Cena) isn't a good wrestler?
Could soon to be three when he goes one on one with The Great One.

In fact, if it isn't at least close to a 5 star match, I'd be surprised.


Rock will have some ring rust. He can sell like the best though
Ehh. Rock didn't have ring rust when he went at Survivor Series and Mania last year. He should be fine.


Rocky got winded badly during the WM match.


pretty sure rock tore his quad, didnt he?


The Rock couldnt hold the Sharp Shooter on Cena because he was so winded


Yup, halfway he was winded, but recovered for the ending.


The ending wasnt hard for him he started out on his back to catch his breathe
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 58 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group