Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agent WR's: Wallace, Jennings, Bowe
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Free Agent WR's: Wallace, Jennings, Bowe Reply with quote

It's fairly obvious that we need to add another weapon this offseason, be it through the draft or FA. All three of the guys mentioned in the topic subject (Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe) are unlikely to be back with their current teams and have well underperformed in a contract season. If we do decide to pursue a WR in free agency, which of these three do you think we would be most likely to sign?

Personally, I would like to see us sign Vick and Reggie Bush as well and add Wallace into the mix to give us one really explosive offense.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace and Jennings seem unlikely

I'd love to get Bowe however

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
drew39k

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First im gonna down vote Vick hard. No thanks. He turns the ball over almost as much as Sanchez and really isnt all that good outside of what one or two seasons.

When looking at the QB slot I say first decided whether there is a first round QB that is the answer. If so, get him. Have him sit behind Sanchez to start the season and bring him in when Chez sucks. If there isnt a QB in the first worth it, then you have to look at getting a guy like Flynn for a pick or player(Devito maybe). Have him battle with Sanchez, Winner gets the spot and go after a QB in the first next season.

If you cant get a Flynn or Cousins for a decent price and there isnt a QB worth a first, then you look at guys like Hassleback and Vick. But neither are all that good.

On topic though, Id like Bowe or Jennings, Not Wallace. Hill can be our Wallace, we need the more possesion guy, which IMO would be Bowe, but if we got Flynn, id prefer Jennings for the previously established chemisty. Really, i think all three are too pricey though.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the Jets salary cap situation, signing a top tier Wide Receiver seems unlikely. Especially with the QB situation so up in the air. Wallace is rumored to be seeking Larry Fitzgerald type money. After overpaying to retain Santonio Holmes, the Jets salary cap doesn't fit another 10 million dollar wide receiver.

I would look at second tier Wide Receivers- Johnny Knox, Brandon Gibson, Kevin Ogletree, Devery Henderson.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of those 3? I would pick either Jennings or Bowe. Bowe will be 29 next year & Greg will be 30 next year. They might be a little expensive, but I doubt they will get top dollar. Greg's season was killed by Injury, but I've always liked him and the good person he is. Would be the 1 person we could trust to make a big catch when needed. But I do think a bigger WR like Bowe will help out who ever the QB is for next season.I heard Bowe's character is a issue, is that true?

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
jpt331

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see us grab Greg Jennings(So he can Put Da team on his back doe) or Mike Wallace, I believe Jennings won be a packer next year because of the emergence of Randle Cobb and Jordy Nelson and in regards of QBs I think we should draft Mike Glennon/Landry Jones and let them develops a year behind Sanchez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't have any money to spend on FAs next year. I was going to put out my mock draft but I'm having trouble with figuring out how to make it work cap wise and having to deal with finals week. Once I get that out there, you will see what I'm talking about in regards to no cap room.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to build via the draft. Screw those big FA contracts, horrible ideas.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
bigseanny778

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowe and braylon or wallace and braylon.

edwards will come cheap and did good with mark and we get one big name FA, i think holmes will hopefully be elsewere.

too lazy to update the sig..

If you cant do what you imagine then what is imagination to you?
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cut pace, thomas, scott, smith and smith

Pick up Alex Smith for cheap (don't think he'll get a whole lot)
Trade 3rd, Tebow, and Holmes for MJD (let Greene walk)
Draft top OLB in 1st, top WR in 2nd, Top G in the 4th

hey a guy can dream

Braylon won't come back I think the front office disrespected him too much, Wallace will be too much, Bowe and Jennings may be possibilities but if they are demanding huge money I want to part in it. I would possibly look at Chad Johnson cause I think he's been humbled but I'm meh on that front.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only way we get a FA WR is if we trade holmes. I personally think we need Braylon back, he can be worse than Hill has been.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how much the Jets are going to have, but I'm pretty sure they'll have enough money to sign a solid free agent.

If the Jets decide to cut the big contracts (Smith, Pace, Scott, Pouha, Smith, Tebow), we're talking about $35 million saved. With the cap projected to be somewhere near $122 million, and the Jets projected carryover at around $5 million, we're talking a cap limit of approximately $127 million. I'm not sure what contracts are able to get restructured outside of simple conversions, but ultimately It's going to come down to how many of our own free agents we decide to resign. If the Jets decide to resign the "minimums" and one high priced guy (LaRon or Keller), they should have some money to sign someone on the open market.

Personally I'd rather trade for Darren McFadden. I think it's possible, and the Jets should be able to restructure his contract. DMC's injury history will scare some, but Bilal Powell is making his case as a solid committee back going forward.

McFadden is the one player available who has superstar talent and could be available at a premium price given the situation he's in. His talents are tailor-made for this offense and should solve many of the problems we faced throughout this season.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way the Jets would be able to sign a top-flight WR. It's just not financially feasible. People are going to have to understand the Jets need to get themselves out of the cap trouble they're in before they can really make a splash again. To be honest, I'd rather them not go on another spending spree. Maybe sign a stop-gap guy here and there, but I think the Jets have shown dishing out big contracts every year is not a long term solution.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also ive heard enough of this Michael Vick talk. Hes going to be 33 and the only good part of his game (his legs) is starting to deteriorate. Jets made one mistake bringing in a polarizing figure in Tebow, I think they learned their lesson.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone break down our cap situation so we can put to rest if we have enough space or not?

If I remember correctly, we have a decent amount of cap room, as we have a bunch of necessary cuts to make (Jason Smith, Pace/Thomas, Scott, etc.) Plus I think we have cap space from last year to be carried over as well.

N E W Y O R K J E T S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: