Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 GDT Green Bay Packers (9-4) @ Chicago Bears (8-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ECPackers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well nice turn of events.

bears lose then packers win...

when i had been dreading that the bears would easily handle the vikes, then we'd lose tonight, in a worst case scenario thing.

ended up being, literally, the best case scenario. so... great win.

now if we can beat the bears, that'd be HUGE to win the division and then have the luxury of pulling starters if you want
Bucks
Badgers
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
well nice turn of events.

bears lose then packers win...

when i had been dreading that the bears would easily handle the vikes, then we'd lose tonight, in a worst case scenario thing.

ended up being, literally, the best case scenario. so... great win.

now if we can beat the bears, that'd be HUGE to win the division and then have the luxury of pulling starters if you want

They won't do that when pursuing the #2 seed. San Francisco has a rough schedule (at New England and at Seattle) to close the year. One loss in those two games will give us the #2 (assuming we close out, like we should). I want my guys playing at full capacity heading into the playoffs. None of this resting starters BS.
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madtown wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
Madtown wrote:
OK, so if we get Woodson back, what are we going to do with him besides rack up defensive holding calls? I feel like an idiot for feeling this way, but I like our secondary. I'd be thrilled to get Clay and some others back, but I just really like the way our secondary is playing and don't want to mess it up. I'm sure Dom will figure out a rover type position for him that will make sense though

Replace Brad Jones with Woodson.

Yeah, I think you're right. He's good enough against the run that it could work.

At inside linebacker? No. Even the legendary Woodson can't pull that one off full time, or even majority of the time.

I'm sure Woodson will eat into Jones' snaps though along with about 5 other players.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Madtown wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
Madtown wrote:
OK, so if we get Woodson back, what are we going to do with him besides rack up defensive holding calls? I feel like an idiot for feeling this way, but I like our secondary. I'd be thrilled to get Clay and some others back, but I just really like the way our secondary is playing and don't want to mess it up. I'm sure Dom will figure out a rover type position for him that will make sense though

Yeah, I think you're right. He's good enough against the run that it could work.

At inside linebacker? No. Even the legendary Woodson can't pull that one off full time, or even majority of the time.

I'm sure Woodson will eat into Jones' snaps though along with about 5 other players.
Woodson will walk right back into his starting S job opposite Burnett and will walk right back into being the guy that covers the slot WR on most plays. He'll cut into Jones', Jenning's, McMillian's and House's snaps the most.

Kempes on the custom sig!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
Madtown wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
Madtown wrote:

Woodson will walk right back into his starting S job opposite Burnett and will walk right back into being the guy that covers the slot WR on most plays. He'll cut into Jones', Jenning's, McMillian's and House's snaps the most.

No way he takes Hayward's role in the slot.
persiandud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that we are discussing where Woodson would be when he comes back means that our youthful secondary has been awesome this year. A healthy defense against da Bears for the division? I'm excited.

The Niners will drop either the NE or Seattle game. The 2nd seed will be ours if we do our job.
SDN40

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a slam dunk that when Lang comes back he is plugged in at LG ?
I think it should be but wonder if coaches think the same.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That feeling of your arch rival being scared stupid about playing you next week because they know they will get embarrassed in their house.......

that is a good feeling
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
Is it a slam dunk that when Lang comes back he is plugged in at LG ?
I think it should be but wonder if coaches think the same.
It better be. Our run game has looked 100% better with Barclay in there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be the guy that's like "hey we can get the #1 seed" but hey we can get the #1 seed...
Burnett42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I don't want to be the guy that's like "hey we can get the #1 seed" but hey we can get the #1 seed...

Yea, but it would be tuff, the falcons would have to lose as many games as they have in their first 13 games, in the next 3.

Packers would need to win out
Falcons would have to go 1-2 or worse
49ers would have to go 2-1 or worse

I personally would prefer the falcons to beat the Giants and try to knock them out of the playoffs. I'll take the 2nd seed if that means the Gaints don't make the playoffs. But if they beat the Giants and lost to DET and TB that would be great.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

ill be the poop in the paper bag (i know that's probably not a saying, but lets all pretend)...

this current packers team still doesn't make me feel really good heading into the playoffs, regardless what seed they are...

as of right now i doubt we could beat the giants or 9ers in green bay

this team hasnt really put anything that looked like last years offense together outside of 2 games earlier this season... ARod even mentioned it yesterday in his PC & normally he never says pessimistic things like that

teams will continue to play tampa 2 & will continue to take away our pass game because for some reason our guys (minus cobb) cant seem to get separation... even though we have shown some signs of a running game as of late

& if you think we can go down 14-0 against a good team in january & come back like we did against the lions, its not happening

so unless we get a playoff path that gifts us the falcons 3 games in a row, this team isn't winning a SB this year (i don't care what happened in 2010 either)

#emodriftwoodgoesallemo
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
justo wrote:

ill be the poop in the paper bag (i know that's probably not a saying, but lets all pretend)...

this current packers team still doesn't make me feel really good heading into the playoffs, regardless what seed they are...

this team hasnt really put anything that looked like last years offense together outside of 2 games earlier this season... ARod even mentioned it yesterday in his PC & normally he never says pessimistic things like that

teams will continue to play tampa 2 & will continue to take away our pass game because for some reason our guys (minus cobb) cant seem to get separation... even though we have shown some signs of a running game as of late

& if you think we can go down 14-0 against a good team in january & come back like we did against the lions, its not happening

so unless we get a playoff path that gifts us the falcons 3 games in a row, this team isn't winning a SB this year (i don't care what happened in 2010 either)

#emodriftwoodgoesallemo

If we don't have to face the teams you mentioned, I like our chances to make the super bowl. No one outside of those two teams scare me. Maybe the Seahawks in seattle if they have both Browner and Sherman. If Skins take the division from the Giants though and we get a bye, I like our chances so much more.
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
driftwood wrote:
justo wrote:

#emodriftwoodgoesallemo

If we don't have to face the teams you mentioned, I like our chances to make the super bowl. No one outside of those two teams scare me. Maybe the Seahawks in seattle if they have both Browner and Sherman. If Skins take the division from the Giants though and we get a bye, I like our chances so much more.

i hate hoping that we catch a break with certain teams... i want to feel like my team has a chance regardless of who they play... but unfortunately they have 2 teams that can & will end all SB hopes

& that p****s me off a lot
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burnett42 wrote:
justo wrote:

Yea, but it would be tuff, the falcons would have to lose as many games as they have in their first 13 games, in the next 3.

Packers would need to win out
Falcons would have to go 1-2 or worse
49ers would have to go 2-1 or worse

I personally would prefer the falcons to beat the Giants and try to knock them out of the playoffs. I'll take the 2nd seed if that means the Gaints don't make the playoffs. But if they beat the Giants and lost to DET and TB that would be great.

I sure wouldn't mind the Gmen out of the upcoming playoffs but that will be a tall order with the way they are playing now.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 2 of 57

Jump to: