Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears at Vikings GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abdi7451

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No playoffs. Just saying. And Lovie is NOT a bad coach.

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad
shruj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="WindyCity"]Lovie's teams are routinely mediocre and you don't win a Superbowl with mediocre.

If we don't make the playoffs are the Lovie fans okay with keeping him or would that collapse be enough to sway you?[/]

yes. it would. although i think most of the problems are bc of angelo's drafting. i think a change of scenery would behoove most of us.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abdi7451 wrote:
No playoffs. Just saying. And Lovie is NOT a bad coach.

He is not bad he is totally mediocre/average.

And the coaches that win Sueperbowls are better than mediocre/average.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye NFC North Division Crown.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing we passed of David decastro in the draft... Seeing as we use McClellin a lot and our o line is historically bad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there goes the NFC North.

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Good thing we passed of David decastro in the draft... Seeing as we use McClellin a lot and our o line is historically bad.

I had such a crush on DeCastro last year...and Reiff...

I still think McClellin will be good for us, but as far as immediate needs go, OL should have been the choice. But hindsight is 20/20 and I don't think anyone would have guessed that our D would play the way it has.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:

Too be fair, Decastro tore his ACL and wouldn't be helping that line to much this year anyway. I get what your saying though, seemed like a no brainer pick too me and I remember biting my nails thinking you guys were about to grab a stud guard. Best of luck next week though. Don't want any injuries on either side. We've had more then our fair share and I want this game to be decided completely on who's better and not someone going down. Look forward too it as always.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

Too be fair, Decastro tore his ACL and wouldn't be helping that line to much this year anyway. I get what your saying though, seemed like a no brainer pick too me and I remember biting my nails thinking you guys were about to grab a stud guard. Best of luck next week though. Don't want any injuries on either side. We've had more then our fair share and I want this game to be decided completely on who's better and not someone going down. Look forward too it as always.

Well just that he tore his ACL in a Pitt practice doesn't mean he would tear it here.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing game today. The tone was set on the very first play, APs 51 yard run. I wanted to turn the game off after 5 and a half minutes because we were down 14-0 and I felt sick watching our D. Clearly our D isnt the same without Urlacher. LB and O-line is obviously our biggest needs. Hate to say it but Urlacher needs to be replaced. Jay played average. He looked good at times, a rookie at others(over throwing, under throwing a few times) B Marshall is a beast, but seems to be Jays one and only option most of the time. Get other guys involved. With GB winning(that makes me sick) the division is all but gone. Maybe we still get a wild card berth?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just sucks that when we were down 14 points with 55 minutes to play I knew we were losing the game.

I had no faith in our ability to score 14 points.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
C wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Something I find interesting after all the “Lovie can’t adjust” calls is that no one mentioned this…

Adrian Peterson 1st quarter…12 carries…104 yards…8.6 YPC & 2 TDs
Adrian Peterson 3 remaining quarters…19 carries…50 yards…2.6 YPC…0 TDs…

But Lovie never adjusts...right? Wink

As for the offence I don’t know what people were expecting…this is how 90% of all first year NFL offences look…it takes time to put together a quality offence…altho going for 438 yards and completed 41% of our 1st downs is progress…just couldn’t get the all-important points on the board today because of poor execution on some of the players…mainly Alshon’s drop in the end zone and Hester’s for a walk in TD.

They gave up those 100 yards with 9 men at the LOS. A defense designed specifically to stop the run. I'll give them a golf clap for recognizing that they can't yield 100 yards rushing in each quarter.

Our D is designed specifically to stop big plays…not to defend the run…in fact with our Dline it is all about rushing the passer…not defending the run…not only that but AP has run for over 100 yards in his last 7 games straight…if you think holding him to an average of 2.6 YPC for 3 quarters isn’t impressive I don’t know what to tell you…the D adjusted to what was hurting us in the 1st quarter…something Lovie and therefore Rod have been accused of not being able to do.

9 men at the LOS is not our base defense. That was the adjustment we made to stop the run. No one thinks otherwise. They gameplan was to stop the run and force Ponder to give us the ball. Failure of epic proportions. After receiving a thorough thumping, they indeed made a much needed adjustment to get back into their base D. I'm not as overcome by joy about that fact as you.

You know the difference between lining 9 guys up at the LOS and actually brining 9 men to stop the run right? The Bears for years have had their LBs move into the A & B gaps before dropping into coverage…much like they did yesterday…and how exactly was it a failure?…we held the best RB in football to 157 yards…with at an average of 5.0 YPC which is his lowest total in the last 7 weeks…not only that but we did force Ponder to turn the ball over.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
C wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
C wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Something I find interesting after all the “Lovie can’t adjust” calls is that no one mentioned this…

As for the offence I don’t know what people were expecting…this is how 90% of all first year NFL offences look…it takes time to put together a quality offence…altho going for 438 yards and completed 41% of our 1st downs is progress…just couldn’t get the all-important points on the board today because of poor execution on some of the players…mainly Alshon’s drop in the end zone and Hester’s for a walk in TD.

They gave up those 100 yards with 9 men at the LOS. A defense designed specifically to stop the run. I'll give them a golf clap for recognizing that they can't yield 100 yards rushing in each quarter.

Our D is designed specifically to stop big plays…not to defend the run…in fact with our Dline it is all about rushing the passer…not defending the run…not only that but AP has run for over 100 yards in his last 7 games straight…if you think holding him to an average of 2.6 YPC for 3 quarters isn’t impressive I don’t know what to tell you…the D adjusted to what was hurting us in the 1st quarter…something Lovie and therefore Rod have been accused of not being able to do.

9 men at the LOS is not our base defense. That was the adjustment we made to stop the run. No one thinks otherwise. They gameplan was to stop the run and force Ponder to give us the ball. Failure of epic proportions. After receiving a thorough thumping, they indeed made a much needed adjustment to get back into their base D. I'm not as overcome by joy about that fact as you.

You know the difference between lining 9 guys up at the LOS and actually brining 9 men to stop the run right? The Bears for years have had their LBs move into the A & B gaps before dropping into coverage…much like they did yesterday…and how exactly was it a failure?…we held the best RB in football to 157 yards…with at an average of 5.0 YPC which is his lowest total in the last 7 weeks…not only that but we did force Ponder to turn the ball over.

I agree the defense did not fail.

The offense failed spectacularly AGAIN and was not able to avoid 14 points in turnovers while only scoring 14 points.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
C wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
C wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I agree the defense did not fail.

The offense failed spectacularly AGAIN and was not able to avoid 14 points in turnovers while only scoring 14 points.

Yeah they failed to score points...but even you must admit the playcalling wasn't the issue...Jeffery's slip for the INT & drop in the endzone along with Hester's drop when he was open for a TD and Jay's overthrow were the main factors in our inability to score points & stop turnovers.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
For the rest of the season Ill keep my mouth shut on firings until the end of the season. Everyone knows where I stand on this issue. Ill let Emery decide on this and I think he'll make the right choice.

This is the best post in this thread. I'm with you 100% GG. I'm seriously laughing at some of you guys in here, I'd just be wasting my time trying to argue this point. Time will tell all, but I guarantee some of you are going to be in for a bitter surprise when Phil Emery agrees.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 27 of 33

Jump to: