Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fitness Thread, v. 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats all your experiences with ZMAs? I've been taking muscle pharms ZMA and I honestly haven't been sleeping well at all on it. I actually think I've been waking up more through out the night and I haven't had a dream since I've been on it, which is strange.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Whats all your experiences with ZMAs? I've been taking muscle pharms ZMA and I honestly haven't been sleeping well at all on it. I actually think I've been waking up more through out the night and I haven't had a dream since I've been on it, which is strange.

Honestly, not a huge fan. The only thing it does is help you sleep better, so if that doesnt work its pretty much a waste of money. The thing about ZMA is that its pretty mild as far as the effects go, so everyone wont have the same experience with it. if you are like me, ZMA is worthless. There are far better supps out there for me as far as sleeping aids go.
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Honestly, not a huge fan. The only thing it does is help you sleep better, so if that doesnt work its pretty much a waste of money. The thing about ZMA is that its pretty mild as far as the effects go, so everyone wont have the same experience with it. if you are like me, ZMA is worthless. There are far better supps out there for me as far as sleeping aids go.

What would you recommend for supplements as far as bulking goes? Half this stuff is a sham so it's hard to know what's actually going to help

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

I love ZMA. I don't know how well it works but I would definitely support anyone buying it. I like to make the best out of my 5 hours of sleep.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

What would you recommend for supplements as far as bulking goes? Half this stuff is a sham so it's hard to know what's actually going to help

Save your money. Buy some real food and eat till the wheels fall off.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Save your money. Buy some real food and eat till the wheels fall off.

Yeah I know, but theirs certainly things that will help with the process, I usually just buy the basic powder form instead of the [inappropriate/removed] with all the "extras"

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

You mean legal supps? Laughing Theres not much that we havent gone through a million times, protein, creatine and a stimulant of your choice. Besides those the effects are either non existent or borderline at best. If you have money lying around Id buy some citruline malate and beta alaning, but if money is tight I wouldnt bother. Not really any secret (legal) sup to get bigger. Just eat in a surplus and dont train like a dumb [inappropriate/removed]..

As far as sleeping aids, melatonin is a good one imo.
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, supp use always comes down to budget. If you have the extra cash there are a host of good Q supps out there. Even more so if you buy the pure forms/powder and build your own stack. That said, there is no supp out there worth taking at the expence of poor protein intake. Taking in a good amount of high Q protein is truly the keys to the car.

LIS, it's always about the budget. I have a set amount of money in mind every month that I put into training. The issue every month is finding out how to use said money in the best way to make sound gains.

As for ZMA. I can see that thing both ways. Works for me, but I have sleeping issues pending supp use.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

You mean legal supps? Laughing Theres not much that we havent gone through a million times, protein, creatine and a stimulant of your choice. Besides those the effects are either non existent or borderline at best. If you have money lying around Id buy some citruline malate and beta alaning, but if money is tight I wouldnt bother. Not really any secret (legal) sup to get bigger. Just eat in a surplus and dont train like a dumb [inappropriate/removed]..

As far as sleeping aids, melatonin is a good one imo.

Yes to everything here.

Protein, Creatine, and stimulant (I use coffee since I workout early in the morning).

For sleeping, melatonin helps a lot. I've gone from waking up every hour to not even hearing my g/f's alarm going off in the morning. I don't notice any sort of groggy effect from it either.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a long drive from San Antonio, so my knees are torn up. Cardio was the name of the game today, will take on leg workout this Friday...

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
VYoung10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get into a good lifting and cardio routine, but I just am not sure what exercises to do and everything. I am thinking 5 days a week, and I want to get the max benefit. Ideas on starting a new working out plan?

2014 Adopt a Titan: Bernard Pollard #31
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made big gains on the bench. I'm pumped. Added 15 pounds in 2 weeks, perfected the form a little bit as well so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Loving the progress I'm seeing so far.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Made big gains on the bench. I'm pumped. Added 15 pounds in 2 weeks, perfected the form a little bit as well so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Loving the progress I'm seeing so far.

ditto.
surprisingly i added 20lbs to the bench and could still knock out all the reps like i could 20lbs lighter. only problem is that the stronger i get the less flexible i seem to get esp in the arm/shoulder area.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

ditto.
surprisingly i added 20lbs to the bench and could still knock out all the reps like i could 20lbs lighter. only problem is that the stronger i get the less flexible i seem to get esp in the arm/shoulder area.

I probably could've done more weight but I jammed my finger playing basketball the other day and my grip was struggling but I feel you on the flexibility, my friend can't even touch his shoulders anymore Laughing

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the Itinerary for the LA workout trip im going on over Spring Break...im so excited, it looks crazy.

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 6 of 100

Jump to: