Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals-Cowboys: Dalton is from Texas too
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never would have thought, but AJ Green was one of the main reasons you guys lost. So pissed, ya'll had like 10 opportunities to close the show. Can the DBs please stop dropping easy INTs? My goodness.........................

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can handle getting beat. I can't handle when the team beats itself. Convert any of those 3rd down drops, the missed TD on Green's drop, or any of the INT's Romo tried to throw and the Bengals win that game.

So disappointing.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I can handle getting beat. I can't handle when the team beats itself. Convert any of those 3rd down drops, the missed TD on Green's drop, or any of the INT's Romo tried to throw and the Bengals win that game.

So disappointing.

Completely agree. I think the thing i was most frustrated about was the Reggie Nelson flag. What a rididculous call and absolutely cost us. I hate the NFL and its baby calls

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually not too disappointed by the loss. 4 wins in a row, we were bound to start making some mistakes and drop a game. Just glad it was to a NFC team.

We need to run the table now to make the playoffs. Which I'm kind of happy about. If we can't run the table we probably won't do much in the playoffs anyway...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
fluhartz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I'm actually not too disappointed by the loss. 4 wins in a row, we were bound to start making some mistakes and drop a game. Just glad it was to a NFC team.

We need to run the table now to make the playoffs. Which I'm kind of happy about. If we can't run the table we probably won't do much in the playoffs anyway...

I think it is disappointing..

The offense was crappy last wee too, the defense bailed them out... They need to get out of their funk.
There is no freaking way they should have lost that game yesterday...
But bad coaching, dropped passes, dropped int's, bad defense in the 4th and a couple bad call will make it happen...

I'm over it though... We play a very bad team in a few days... They better get that one...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
I'm over it though... We play a very bad team in a few days... They better get that one...

Eagles have actually looked much better the past two weeks. We need to exploit their safeties and start throwing some deep balls to Green again...

chris00cm wrote:
fluhartz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
fluhartz wrote:

Eagles have actually looked much better the past two weeks. We need to exploit their safeties and start throwing some deep balls to Green again...

Everyone gets wide open against them....
Andy and the wr's should have a good day...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:

So disappointing.

Completely agree. I think the thing i was most frustrated about was the Reggie Nelson flag. What a rididculous call and absolutely cost us. I hate the NFL and its baby calls

I want the replacement refs back. Too many "big market calls" going on in this game. The Nelson flag sustained a scoring drive that should have ended right there. The play with the facemask on Romo should have been whistled dead three seconds prior. Again, another drive saver. There was a hands to the face on newman that the ref threw the flag AS THE BALL WAS SNAPPED. They hit Whitten for 6, so it was declined. had they not hit the pass, that call again would have sustained a dead drive.

I hate games where the bengals beat themselves. i really hate games where the media-driven (big market or posterboy players) teams have 13 or more guys on the field.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

The Bengals could actually afford a loss to the Eagles. The only way a loss in this game hurts the Bengals is if the Steelers lose to the Cowboys and Browns (but beat the Bengals). Obviously if the Steelers lose out, the Bengals can lose to the Eagles and Ravens.

Otherwise, the Bengals must beat the Steelers and Ravens to make the playoffs. The only exception is the one i listed above. Had they won the game yesterday, they probably could have afforded one loss to the Ravens.

So, let's say the Steelers go:
W - vs. Cowboys
L - vs. Bengals
W - vs. Browns

The Bengals would have to go:
W/L - vs. Eagles (doesn't matter)
W - vs. Steelers
W - vs. Ravens
If they lose the Eagles game, they get in on tiebreakers. If they win it, they get in based on the 10 win season.

There is no scenario in which the Steelers and Bengals make the playoffs, but the Ravens don't.

Cincinnati could still win the division if Baltimore drops its final three and the Bengals win their final three. A loss to the Eagles or a Baltimore win in any week eliminates Cincinnati from division winning hopes.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

The Bengals could actually afford a loss to the Eagles. The only way a loss in this game hurts the Bengals is if the Steelers lose to the Cowboys and Browns (but beat the Bengals). Obviously if the Steelers lose out, the Bengals can lose to the Eagles and Ravens.

Otherwise, the Bengals must beat the Steelers and Ravens to make the playoffs. The only exception is the one i listed above. Had they won the game yesterday, they probably could have afforded one loss to the Ravens.

So, let's say the Steelers go:
W - vs. Cowboys
L - vs. Bengals
W - vs. Browns

The Bengals would have to go:
W/L - vs. Eagles (doesn't matter)
W - vs. Steelers
W - vs. Ravens
If they lose the Eagles game, they get in on tiebreakers. If they win it, they get in based on the 10 win season.

There is no scenario in which the Steelers and Bengals make the playoffs, but the Ravens don't.

Cincinnati could still win the division if Baltimore drops its final three and the Bengals win their final three. A loss to the Eagles or a Baltimore win in any week eliminates Cincinnati from division winning hopes.

What happens if the Jets win out though?

chris00cm wrote:
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

I didn't even consider that in that post because i don't think it will happen.

However, if they do win out, Bengals need to win both games against Pitt and Balt to have the tiebreaker. If they beat the Eagles and Steelers, lose to the Ravens, Jets will have the tiebreaker over the Bengals (this scenario also assumes the Steelers lose two games).

Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I didn't even consider that in that post because i don't think it will happen.

However, if they do win out, Bengals need to win both games against Pitt and Balt to have the tiebreaker. If they beat the Eagles and Steelers, lose to the Ravens, Jets will have the tiebreaker over the Bengals (this scenario also assumes the Steelers lose two games).

I think he was joking.. At least I got a good laugh out that post..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Terrible execution.

Sure, but on nearly all those incompletions Andy put the ball right where it needed to be.......
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Terrible execution.

Sure, but on nearly all those incompletions Andy put the ball right where it needed to be.......

No, Andy was off plenty of times too. Just all-around bad execution for the offense. And what happened to BJGE? The team had 90 plus yards after the first quarter and he still didn't crack 100? Bad penalty wiped out 20 more yards on the big run in the second half. I wasn't too upset when they were throwing short stuff and picking up 5 at a time late, but for the life of me, how did Leonard end up with so many touches?
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough game to sit through in the stadium. The Cowboys had at least 25-30k fans there. Reminded me of when Pittsburgh comes to town.

Reasons we lost...

1. Coaching. Terrible clock management(as always) wasting all of our timeouts in the 3rd quarter. Plus did anyone else notice that despite us thrashing Dallas on the ground for 3 and a half quarters and having a 2 score lead, we didnt run the ball as single time our last 2 possessions? Unexcusable. I didn't realize we had Bratkowski back calling our plays...

2. Dropped balls. Both INT's and our receivers. Some were thrown behind the receivers and off target to make them very tough catches, but catches that good teams make.

I didnt think the officiating did too bad of a job. We all know the Nelson penalty was complete BS. But that was really the only "terrible call". The thing that gets me about the Nelson play, there is an official 5 yards away and he doesn't throw the flag, but they take a guys word who throws the penalty from 30 yards away. Let the guy with the best look make the call, if he says its a no-call, its a no-call.

As for the facemask on Romo... How many times did it look like he was going to be sacked and then break the tackle and get rid of the ball? I don't mind the officials not blowing it dead as he escaped us many times in that game and regardless, you cannot grab a guys facemask and try to turn his head around backwards. They teach you in pop warner that that is wrong, so why even try to do it blatantly in front of the official on 3rd down when he is almost tackled? Dumb, dumb play.

Theres my take aways/rants from this debacle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: