Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman face 4-game ban
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricane_Seasn wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
My boss use to play in the nfl. Practice squad for oilers. He said he use too see guys shoot up steriods in the locker room infront of coaches. He also told me warren moon was a prick and no one on the team could stand him. Kinda like the modern day cam newton.

Since we're sharing stories. When I used to work on a project down in Dallas, I went to Ten Sports bar every tuesday for dinner. Then Cowboy's LB, Kevin Burnett, whose now on the Dolphins used to do a weekly show there with Jean-Jacques Taylor.

IIRC, it was shortly after Rodney Harrison got busted for PEDs, but Burnett basically said (paraphrasing) "That everyone in the league knows that the Patriot players all do PEDs". Jean-Jacques was smart enough to steer the conversation elsewhere. Probably just sour grapes but I thought it was interesting...

I find stories like these fascinating. So much interesting information out there that you hear in the form of stories by players that would never be talked about to a reporter/camera. Cant flip on the TV or pick up the paper (usually) everyday and hear things like that straight from the source

If you want to learn more on the topic, you should check out Spiral of Denial: Muscle Doping in American Football. It's as straight-shooting and sobering a look at the issue as anything I've read with plenty of player stories and interviews.
Rayvens52

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
Lmao, I guess players are finally realizing no one is buying the adderall excuse. He probably thinks that by saying he didn't take adderall people will actually believe he did... suuuuure, Sherman. Dude took roids or HGH, wish they would just admit it (i doubt they will of course)
So Cunningham did too right?

Probably.
I LOVE the way on this forum that in a lot of cases if you say something bad about someones favorite team, they automatically get defensive and call out something about your favorite team instead of saying why they feel someone may be wrong. I know Tatupu_64 didn't really get defensive but just bringing up Cunningham just because a Pats fan said what he said is silly.
Why? Because it's much more likely that Cunningham is on something than Browner or Sherman? Wait no, that's backwards.

Browner got leaner this year. Do steroids do that to you? He's also been tested 3 times a week every week since he got back in the NFL. I doubt he has been taking steroids all summer and just now got caught.

Sherman looks the same as last year and the same as when he came into the NFL. His play is really no better than when he started last year. Unless he's been juicing since the combine, nothing has changed.

Yes there are some steroids which can help you get leaner. Look up Tren. Steroids can help the healing process too Deca. You shouldn't make comments about stuff you don' know about. There are some Test cycles which you gain a lot of water weight from quickly, which can look like a big weight gain with the added muscle, but some cycles are lean with less water and can burn fat while gaining lean muscle. You need a better argument.
When you have to maintain your muscle while playing this kind of sport, don’t be surprised if most NFL players do use some sort of PED’s and just don’t get caught. Actually just looking at the college players now from before and you can see it, it’s quite obvious.

Thanks to mike23md on the sig!
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On Sunday, Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner will serve the first of a four-game suspension for violating the league’s policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances. And there’s a now chance Browner will be back before fellow starter Richard Sherman’s suspension commences.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Sherman’s hearing, which has been set for December 14, could be delayed.

Sherman, per Schefter, has hired his own lawyer to work with NFLPA counsel in an effort to fight the suspension. The full-court press from the three-piece suits will likely delay the process.

The delay could cost Sherman some extra money. With a base salary of $465,000, Sherman would lose $27,352 per week for any games missed during the 2012 regular season. Sherman will lose only $20,000 if he misses a wild-card game — and only $22,000 if he misses the division round. But if Sherman’s suspension extends to 2013, when Sherman will each be earning $555,000 in base pay, the suspension will cost $32,647 per week.

The overriding problem for Sherman is that the current procedures for PED appeals make it very hard for any player to win. Although proof of irregularities in the testing process could exonerate Sherman, there’s no way (we’re told) to force the league to share any information that the league chooses not to share. As one source said in connection with Browner’s decision to bail on his appeal, these cases aren’t lost at the hearing stage but at the bargaining table. The message for the NFLPA? If/when the HGH testing issue is ever resolved, the union should insist on changes to the appeal mechanism that will ensure a fair shake for players whose urine samples result in a false positive or that are otherwise tainted by defects in the collection process.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/09/shermans-hearing-could-be-pushed-back-from-december-14/
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:
On Sunday, Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner will serve the first of a four-game suspension for violating the league’s policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances. And there’s a now chance Browner will be back before fellow starter Richard Sherman’s suspension commences.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Sherman’s hearing, which has been set for December 14, could be delayed.

Sherman, per Schefter, has hired his own lawyer to work with NFLPA counsel in an effort to fight the suspension. The full-court press from the three-piece suits will likely delay the process.

The delay could cost Sherman some extra money. With a base salary of $465,000, Sherman would lose $27,352 per week for any games missed during the 2012 regular season. Sherman will lose only $20,000 if he misses a wild-card game — and only $22,000 if he misses the division round. But if Sherman’s suspension extends to 2013, when Sherman will each be earning $555,000 in base pay, the suspension will cost $32,647 per week.

The overriding problem for Sherman is that the current procedures for PED appeals make it very hard for any player to win. Although proof of irregularities in the testing process could exonerate Sherman, there’s no way (we’re told) to force the league to share any information that the league chooses not to share. As one source said in connection with Browner’s decision to bail on his appeal, these cases aren’t lost at the hearing stage but at the bargaining table. The message for the NFLPA? If/when the HGH testing issue is ever resolved, the union should insist on changes to the appeal mechanism that will ensure a fair shake for players whose urine samples result in a false positive or that are otherwise tainted by defects in the collection process.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/09/shermans-hearing-could-be-pushed-back-from-december-14/

He cheats by taking a PED, now he is trying to cheat the system and delay his suspension.

He should own up to it like other athletes do and media/public would move on.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:

He cheats by taking a PED, now he is trying to cheat the system and delay his suspension.

I think he is doing the smart thing if he is delaying it and no not all players own up to it there may have been someone a long the road but i have never seen a player come out and admit it.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:

I think he is doing the smart thing if he is delaying it and no not all players own up to it there may have been someone a long the road but i have never seen a player come out and admit it.

You don't watch any baseball then i guess? A lot of athletes have admitted to them.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i should of said i have never experienced a NFL player coming out and doing it.
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys seen some of these athletes? Have you seen what they looked like at age 19? 20? You don't get that much muscle without juicing. I wouldn't be surprised if 95% of the NFL used steroids at some point.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Have you guys seen some of these athletes? Have you seen what they looked like at age 19? 20? You don't get that much muscle without juicing. I wouldn't be surprised if 95% of the NFL used steroids at some point.

I agree, Human genetics is a wonderful thing though. But some of these

guys have to be taking something. The body isn't strong enough to add that

much muscle in short amount of time, It's kinda impossible without supplemental help.

Same reason why a lot of people are shocked that Manny Paq can

go up and down weight divisions and not lose power or speed.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

much muscle in short amount of time, It's kinda impossible without supplemental help.

Yep. Especially LBs who are 250 LBs of pure muscle with little to no body fat. Extremely difficult to gain that type of muscle mass while remaining lean without "help".

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Papa-Pwn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

Yep. I fully support it too, PEDs should not be illegal, much less against the rules of all major sports. When used correctly, they are no more harmless than a multivitamin. And yes, "they". People think steroids are steroids and there isn't anything different about them, when in reality there are countless different compounds one can use safely. Even those like tren, which was originally used on horses and livestock, can be safely used to one's advantage. People need to research for themselves and use their educations to form their own opinions based on facts, not media sensationalism. They need to use knowledge and logic, not folk tales and exagerations to understand what each individual compound would do to the body.

I'm not saying I have several years experience, but this guy I know who was born on the exact second in the exact same place as I was, and looks just like me, does. No, I do not have a twin.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Yep. Especially LBs who are 250 LBs of pure muscle with little to no body fat. Extremely difficult to gain that type of muscle mass while remaining lean without "help".

Not even that, have you seen the top prospects coming out of high school? They are bigger every year.
Papa-Pwn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:

It is not cheating.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Papa-Pwn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
People really don't understand how steroids work. Not every steroid makes you some huge muscular meathead. Most NFL players at positions like CB, WR, HB and S would take a steroid like Winstrol. It gives you increased strength and speed without much added mass, which is very beneficial to guys in a sport where every ounce of speed and quickness matters, IF Browner and Sherman took steroids it would likely be of that variety, not something that would turn them into LBs.

Just looking through this thread, glad to see someone has a bit of knowledge on the subject.

Good on you, man
Papa-Pwn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I'm not overly shocked by the fact that Browner was taking something. I doubt steroids or HGH, but something.

Sherman on the other hand still has his appeal schedule for this week. We'll see what happens.

Why do you doubt steroids or HGH? Do you know you can actually lose weight using a steroid? It is all about your goals. If he was looking to lean out while keeping the muscle mass he had, there are many cycles for that. There are many different compounds which can be use for many different things, dependent on what you want out of them. One's diet is even more important. Every hear of bulking and cutting? In the bodybuilding world those are terms we use when in different phases of competition prep. SWIM has done several cycles a couple months before competition, and lost ~10lbs to appear more vascular, defined, and muscular in general.

Steroids are not some magic pill that you pop a few times and turn into the hulk. They take time, dedication, and a huge amount of research to use correctly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: