Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

12-11-2012 Selkie's 4 Round 2013 NFL Mock Draft (V 1.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamison.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great 1st Round Pick for the Jets. Rounds 2 down need some work...

Jamison.'s Gallery
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good for the Packers. Would have liked to address Center though
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson and Cox would play the same position in a 4-3, do you have them both being 3-4 ends in a new defense?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
NhTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked what you did with the Titans.
If we are picking 6th there is no way we don't try everything possible to trade down, a DE, even as good as Werner is not good value at 6.

1. Werner- I would end up loving him I'm sure, but Wimbley and Morgan have quietly done well this year, like someone else mentioned, it's the lack of push from the DT's more than the outside rush thats been hurting us. In the last few weeks Morgan has, for the first time, looked like a 1st round pick.

2. Eifert - I love Cook, and if he leaves then this is a great pick. Eifert is legit

3. Amazing pick, most underrated DT this year by a mile, makes the Werner pick much better

4. Fredrick - G Good pick

Big question, who plays Safety for us next year? It sure a s f*&^ ain't gonna be Griffin and Babineaux
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I've seen Barr mocked to the Steelers. He's raw but has a lot of potential. I don't like Austin in the second though. If the Steelers go WR in that round then I much rather have Hopkins and not a slot guy like Austin. Taylor in the third isn't a bad nice pick. Mendenhall is as good as gone and Dwyer and Redman have been up and down all year. I could see Taylor being selected there. There would be no way I can imagine the Steelers would pass up on T.J. McDonald if he is somehow sitting there in the fourth round. That would be a steal. Plus since the Steelers took a WR in the second then there is no reason to take another in the fourth especially with their being so many needs on the team with safety being one of the top ones.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely perfect mock for the Bucs.

Would prefer a TE in there some where, but maybe we can get one in FA.

Love the first 3 rounds, though dont think any of those prospects last to any of our picks. Would love Logan Ryan, even in the second round.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NhTitan wrote:
I actually liked what you did with the Titans.
If we are picking 6th there is no way we don't try everything possible to trade down, a DE, even as good as Werner is not good value at 6.

1. Werner- I would end up loving him I'm sure, but Wimbley and Morgan have quietly done well this year, like someone else mentioned, it's the lack of push from the DT's more than the outside rush thats been hurting us. In the last few weeks Morgan has, for the first time, looked like a 1st round pick.

2. Eifert - I love Cook, and if he leaves then this is a great pick. Eifert is legit

3. Amazing pick, most underrated DT this year by a mile, makes the Werner pick much better

4. Fredrick - G Good pick

Big question, who plays Safety for us next year? It sure a s f*&^ ain't gonna be Griffin and Babineaux

I honestly had Phillip Thomas slotted there but I moved him up and gave you guys Tyler Eifert instead.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ansah has insane upside and i have no problem taking a chance on a DE who could potentially be a top 5 talent in this draft in the long run.

I don't know the TE Gavin you gave us in the 2nd round so i can't say much about him but hopefully he isn't a massive reach as their is still some serious talent there to be had at another position if need be.

Lattimore in the 2rd is more than fine with me i am willing to take him that early if the Falcons doctors check him out and think he can make a full recovery to be the back he once was coming out. If he does he is the steal of the draft easily.

Another Gavin for the Falcons how nice lol. Im not against this pick either as i think out OL could use some more talent and depth.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: 12-11-2012 Selkie's 4 Round 2013 NFL Mock Draft (V 1.0) Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
17- Cincinnati Bengals - CB - Johnathan Banks - Mississippi State[/b]
Cincinnati has picks to play around with; so they're likely to play the draft board for the best value - as they have in the past few years. Last year they invested one of their two first-round picks at cornerback by taking Alabama's Dre' Kirkpatrick and while Kirkpatrick hasn't seen the field much this year - they still like him a lot as a prospect but they still need someone to play across from him as Leon Hall has fallen off a cliff of late. By grabbing Johnathan Banks, they land yet another big-bodied cornerback that they can plug into their underperforming defense.

-35- Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland) - DE - Alex Okafor - Texas
It looks as if Michael Johnson has likely played his final season as a Cincinnati Bengal which means that the Bengals will likely need a new run-stuffing defensive end across from Carlos Dunlap. Alex Okafor isn't flashy but he's extremely solid and well-versed in what Cincinnati will require him to do.

[-50- Cincinnati Bengals - RB - Giovani Bernard - North Carolina
-81- Cincinnati Bengals - OT - Brennan Williams - North Carolina
-112- Cincinnati Bengals - S - Robert Lester - Alabama

Ahhh. Where to start. Round 1. I can live with the pick, as the team is in position to go BPA, but your reasoning is absurd. The defense is in the top ten, again, yet you call them underperforming? And what cliff has Leon Hall fallen off of? What was that comment based on, or are you just making it up?
Round two. I like the pick, but apparently again you are conjecturing. Michael Johnson is a free agent, but seeing how we have ample cap space, our front office tends to resign our own guys instead of other team's FAs. Even so, Okafor would be nice.

Bernard. Great pick.
Williams. I think i would go safety here and wait for backup linemen later.
Lester. see above.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: 12-11-2012 Selkie's 4 Round 2013 NFL Mock Draft (V 1.0) Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
17- Cincinnati Bengals - CB - Johnathan Banks - Mississippi State[/b]
Cincinnati has picks to play around with; so they're likely to play the draft board for the best value - as they have in the past few years. Last year they invested one of their two first-round picks at cornerback by taking Alabama's Dre' Kirkpatrick and while Kirkpatrick hasn't seen the field much this year - they still like him a lot as a prospect but they still need someone to play across from him as Leon Hall has fallen off a cliff of late. By grabbing Johnathan Banks, they land yet another big-bodied cornerback that they can plug into their underperforming defense.

-35- Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland) - DE - Alex Okafor - Texas
It looks as if Michael Johnson has likely played his final season as a Cincinnati Bengal which means that the Bengals will likely need a new run-stuffing defensive end across from Carlos Dunlap. Alex Okafor isn't flashy but he's extremely solid and well-versed in what Cincinnati will require him to do.

[-50- Cincinnati Bengals - RB - Giovani Bernard - North Carolina
-81- Cincinnati Bengals - OT - Brennan Williams - North Carolina
-112- Cincinnati Bengals - S - Robert Lester - Alabama

Ahhh. Where to start. Round 1. I can live with the pick, as the team is in position to go BPA, but your reasoning is absurd. The defense is in the top ten, again, yet you call them underperforming? And what cliff has Leon Hall fallen off of? What was that comment based on, or are you just making it up?
Round two. I like the pick, but apparently again you are conjecturing. Michael Johnson is a free agent, but seeing how we have ample cap space, our front office tends to resign our own guys instead of other team's FAs. Even so, Okafor would be nice.

Bernard. Great pick.
Williams. I think i would go safety here and wait for backup linemen later.
Lester. see above.

Personally I like the pick of Banks.

The rest of INbengalfan's analysis I agree with 100%.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the worst Eagles draft that I've seen.
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't kept up with prospects this year. But have been reading more recently...

So... don't know much about mosely. But if he isn't a sideline to sideline that can get off the occasional block. That's a whiff.

Wesley woodyard in no scheme could play MLB. he's strictly a WLB.

Denver has a good enough rotation at DE. That a pick at the position would be a thoughtless folly.

Another MLB. wake up.

Wr I'm OK with. I also think getting a RB of lattimores capability in the 3rd is a no bainer. Low risk/high reward if he can stay healthy
patman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the pats, For the reasons you mention Rhodes would be a good pick, but i think they give Ras I Dowling one more chance and get a grade B FA

Arthur Brown - nah- I don't want to spend a 2nd to back up Spikes.

John Simon is Ninkovich- why one more of the same type?

using your board

Okafor as a bookend to Jones

Da'Rick Rogers roll the dice and say a prayer the vets keep him focused

Brian Williams if Vollmer walks, lester or McDonald if he doesn't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: