Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Devin McCourty Is Who We Thought He Was
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donut

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan2152 wrote:
So I gotta no do you guys think he is gonna stay at FS? Does Chung come back an play SS? Does Tavon Wilson play SS?

Loved the way the Pats played the other day an I was saying how thats the best iv seen them play in years. They clicked an there D is really coming togethar. Excited to play you guys. I will always wish the Pats the best an follow them, except when its the 49ers they are playing.

Going to the game gonna be weird being at a hometown teams stadium an not rooting for them, never been to a FB game before because I aint a Pats fan but live in New England, 9ers are here so I had to go.

I think McCourty is staying at FS. He's much better than I expected and hopefully can improve on his communications on the field. But this yr I think Gregory is SS and McCourty the FS. In the future I think Chung is leaving after the yr.
Wilson could be the future at SS next yr, he could be our 3rd S next yr, or released if he is awful. Could go either way. I hope him and McCourty develop and improve making Gregory our 3rd S unless we sign or draft someone else that has skills.
ausbacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Called this before the season and was totally ripped for it. He's actually much better suited to free safety, and with the dearth of quality players at that position in the league, the value gap between a very good CB and a stud FS is very slim. Hopefully we resign Talib and hopefully find a safety to complement DMC better than Gregory or Chung moving forward.

There's a well known Patriots fan site where many of us propositioned McCourty to Safety some time ago (given his rookie season and his range/ability in zone coverage). I'm pleased to see that come to fruition.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ausbacker wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Called this before the season and was totally ripped for it. He's actually much better suited to free safety, and with the dearth of quality players at that position in the league, the value gap between a very good CB and a stud FS is very slim. Hopefully we resign Talib and hopefully find a safety to complement DMC better than Gregory or Chung moving forward.

There's a well known Patriots fan site where many of us propositioned McCourty to Safety some time ago (given his rookie season and his range/ability in zone coverage). I'm pleased to see that come to fruition.

I know you...!
Canton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin McCourty is one of the INT leaders at FS this year. Really good bloodline, I think he stays there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: