Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Regular Season Over! Updated Mock from GSing! Comments plz!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Regular Season Over! Updated Mock from GSing! Comments plz! Reply with quote

Alright guys, I'm back with the end of the season mock! I just would like to hear your input on what you think. Other then terrible pick for this team, leave something as to why it is. If you have a mock up and want my comments, please just leave your link in your comment! Also I'm looking to add images of the players next to the team, how do I do that? Anyways have a happy and safe new year!

1. Kansas City Chiefs select Geno Smith QB, West Virginia
I know what your thinking, he's not worthy of this pick. But remember 2 years ago, neither was Cam Newton. What happened there? I'm not saying he's Cam by any stretch, but the Chiefs need a play making QB. If Geno tests through the roof in the draft workouts, I think he does enough to solidify himself as this pick.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars select Damontre Moore DE, Texas A&M
Why not Jarvis Jones? First reason his spine may concern a new Jaguars GM. He has the talent, but the Jaguars have had so many failures at DE, they need to hit on this pick. Especially when you are drafting second overall. Second reason is because Damontre Moore is an absolute clone of Von Miller. Last I checked, Von went second overall 2 years ago and has made a major impact on his team. Moore brings the Jaguars finally a bonified pass rushing DE as they start to re-tool the defense.

3. Oakland Raiders select Star Lotulelei DT, Utah
The Raiders are an absolute mess, especially on defense. They have holes everywhere it seems and they need to start re-vamping it. Lotulelei brings extreme toughness up front to the DT position. Something the Raiders desperately need.

4. Philadelphia Eagles select Luke Joekel OT, Texas A&M
I see Joekel as the best LT prospect to come out since Joe Thomas and Jake Long. Heís in that category. With the Eagles line so injury prone and getting older, it is time to start re-tooling it and giving a QB weak class, a guy like Nick Foles a chance next year. Joekel comes in and plays LT right away and it could shift Peters over to the right side.

5. Detroit Lions select Dee Milliner CB, Alabama
While I donít see Milliner as the ďeliteĒ prospect, Detroitís secondary is so bad they may have to reach on him. I personally like Jonathan Banks better, but not at 5. The knock on Milliner is the system he plays in allows Alabama corners to be great in college, but only mediocre in the pros. I would like to see more from him, but for now heís Detroitís pick. Could very well be Jarvis Jones here though with him sliding or Werner cuz of his motor.

6. Cleveland Browns select Jarvis Jones LB, Georgia
Cleveland gets their guy! Jarvis is a monster of a pass rusher and reminds me a lot of Von Miller as well. A guy who can play OLB in a 4-3 or 3-4. Browns need a LB in the worse way, and Jarvis would be a great fit right here for them. Spine issues hopefully arenít a concern come April, but it may scare off the first few teams in the draft.

7. Arizona Cardinals select Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan
The Cardinals have got to protect Kevin Kolb if he is going to be the QB next year. That offensive line is atrocious right now and needs a bit of work. Lewan is a very nice start at LT.

8. Buffalo Bills select Manti Te'o LB, Notre Dame
Last year I mocked Luke Kuechley to BuffaloÖ Well obviously they needed a LB because I heard they would have taken him over Gillmore if he was still there at ten. This year they get an even better prospect in Teío fall to them. Buffalo is almost there on defense they just need a pure leader and playmaker in the heart of it. Teío is the perfect fit.

9. New York Jets select Dion Jordan DE/OLB, Oregon
I have heard a lot of JPP comparisons with Jordan because of his freakish athletic ability and ability to get after the QB. If he is that, I gotta think with JPP playing in the same stadium as the Jets, they would take their JPP in Jordan. The Jets need a pass rusher in the worse ways because Calvin Pace isnít what he used to be and Aaron Maybin isnít what he ever was supposed to be. I know they need offense, but there is absolutely no offensive playmaker available in this situation.

10. Tennessee Titans select Jonathan Hankins DT, Ohio State
As a Buckeye fan, I have had the pleasure of watching this beast for the last 3 years. He is a great motor, tackler, and very durable for his size. This year he proved the durability part when he was knocked down and looked like a nasty injury, he was back in the game. Heís got the size of an NFL NT, but also the size of Albert Haynesworth. The Titans have not had that impact at DT since he left and itís time they draft someone to fill that void.

11. San Diego Chargers select Jake Matthews OT, Texas A&M
A starting RT at Texas A&M who could definitely make the shift to LT in the NFL. Matthews comes from a great football blood line and the bust factor on him is very low. San Diego needs an OT in the worse ways so Phillip Rivers doesnít keep declining.

12. Miami Dolphins select Corradelle Patterson WR, Tennessee
The first reach of the draft. Miami needs a weapon for Ryan Tannehill and Patterson has the skills to have his draft stock rise this high. The first playmaker off the board in this very weak draft.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Jonathan Banks CB, Mississippi State
One of my favorite prospects this year, Jonathan Banks has a great story and is a great CB. Heís an interceptions machine and can play in any scheme. He fits Tampaís defense perfectly because their CBís are extremely bad.

14. Carolina Panthers select Sheldon Richardson DT, Missouri
Once upon a time the Panthers had a great defensive line. That is no longer the case especially at the DT position. Iím not a 100% sold on Richardson just yet, but with the season Missouri had last year, it is very hard to evaluate him. Once the combine comes, then I will or wonít be sold on him a 100%. Regardless, it fills a need for the Panthers.

15. New Orleans Saints select Bjoern Werner DE, Florida State
The Werner slide stops here. I believe this is the range he should be picked in. I watched the FSU game last night and was not impressed then or against Georgia Tech. For someone that is supposed to be a sack master, his sacks this season have come against Savannah State, Murray State, Wake Forest, Miami, Maryland and Florida. Only the 3 game sack he had against Florida was impressive. I think he should go back for another year but probably wonít. But with the Saints needing help on the line, he brings in potential for them.

16. St. Louis Rams select Eric Fisher OT, Central Michigan
Fisher is drawing a lot of comparisons to Joe Staley, and for good reason. Heís got the potential as a LT in the NFL and is someone who could rise to be this high of a pick come draft day. The Rams dumped former 2nd overall pick Jason Smith last year, so it is clear they need o line help.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers select Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB, LSU
Mingoís stock has fallen quite a bit since the beginning of the year. But what better team to go to that would utilize his talents then the Steelers. They always end up drafting great college players or guys with a lot of upside and turning them into studs. Mingo seems to fit the bill.

18. Dallas Cowboys select Ezekiel Ansah DE/OLB, BYU
The Cowboys could go in a number of different directions come draft day. Itís not secret Jerry Jones loves his Arkansas boys, so he could take the Tyler Wilson chance if he decides Romo isnít his QB. But for now, a need on defense could be filled right here. Ansah has great pass rush ability and would look good opposite Ware.

19. New York Giants select Chance Warmack G, Alabama
With the Giants getting older along the offensive line, how does one of the best guard prospects to come out in a long time sound? Warmack seems to fit the bill and would help them start to re-tool their offensive line and protect the run game.

20. Chicago Bears select Barrett Jones OL, Alabama
The most versatile offensive lineman I have watched in quite some time. Barrett Jones can pretty much play all 5 offensive line positions making him attractive to a team like Chicago who needs help everywhere on the line.

21. Cincinnati Bengals select Eric Reid S, LSU
Bengals need a safety pretty bad. Their secondary could be what potentially holds them down in the post season and it could be from the safety position especially. Reid looks like LaRon Landry in some forms. He will definitely help them out though at 21.

22. St. Louis Rams select Jonathan Cooper G, North Carolina
Like I said before, the Rams are in desperate need of offensive line. Remember a few years ago when San Fran took Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati with their first round picks? I could see the rams doing a similar situation this year. It could turn their line into one of the best in football in 3 years. They are almost there as a team and playoff team. If they get their young WRís to play next year, lookout!

23. Baltimore Ravens select Alec Oggletree LB, Georgia
With the retirement of Ray Lewis, the Ravens have got to go and get a LB to replace him. A talent like Oggletree falling to them would be a nice addition. Tackling machine that can be very suitable as a replacement for him.

24. Minnesota Vikings select Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee
If the Vikings want Christian Ponder to be a better QB, they need to get him some weapons other than his TE. Justin Hunter would help out in the pass game especially if he improves his drops.

25. Indianapolis Colts select Sylvester Williams DT, North Carolina
The Colts DTís for years have been mediocre. Sylvester Williams can come in and bring some presence to the DL in the Colts 3-4 scheme. Heís an upgrade over what they have their now as well.

26. Seattle Seahawks select Keenan Allen WR, California
Seattle could use a weapon for Russell Wilson. If they draft Allen, it gives them speed and nice hands with really good 6í3 size.

27. Green Bay Packers select Kenny Vaccaro S, Texas
Charles Woodson isnít going to linger around forever. Kenny Vaccaro is the best safety prospect on the board and could be an eventual replacement for them.

28. San Francisco 49ers select John Jenkins DT, Georgia
This right here is a steal for the 49ers. Jenkins has the talent but his off the field issues caused him to slip a bit. The 49ers one weakness imo is NT. Jenkins comes in and provides that big body talent at 360 pounds.

29. Houston Texans select Terrance Williams WR, Baylor
For years and years we have needed a true number 2 WR. This year Terrance Williams makes a lot of sense for us because heís from Baylor and also provides that vertical threat. He could very well soar up the board though as the best WR in this class. So right here is a steal for us.

30. New England Patriots select Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State
It always seems the Pats are in need of a CB. How about another talent in Xavier Rhodes who has actually have had great impact on a Florida State defense.

31. Atlanta Falcons select Sam Montgomery DE, LSU
If Montgomery falls this far, Atlanta takes him in a heartbeat. With the release of Ray Edwards last year and John Abraham getting old, DE is a clear cut need for the Falcons. Montgomery was once listed as a top 5 pick earlier in the year, but now has fallen off. He is a steal at this point.

32. Denver Broncos select Shariff Floyd DT, Florida
It seems like Denver is a team that has needed DTís for a long time as well. They did add Wolfe in round two last year, but they still need another stud next to him. Shariff Floyd is a riser that could crack the late first round come draft day to a team like Denver.
[/img][img][/img]

Last edited by StRiTcH09 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 5 times in total
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bears pick
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Regular Season Over! Mock Time from GSing! Comments plz! Reply with quote

StRiTcH09 wrote:

Good pick.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
waffles7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan intrigues me, I like the pick. Its going to be interesting come April if he's on the board. OLB is a top need to me along with Safety.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theindianstud12 wrote:
Great Bears pick

Thank you! I've been mocking him to you guys all year round!
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Regular Season Over! Mock Time from GSing! Comments plz! Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
StRiTcH09 wrote:

Good pick.

What I'm sayin'! I mocked Kuechley there to the Bills last year, clearly they need a MLB. They get a ten times better prospect this year and a steal at 8!
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
Dion Jordan intrigues me, I like the pick. Its going to be interesting come April if he's on the board. OLB is a top need to me along with Safety.

I feel like the Jets could be interested in him because of his freakish athletic ability. There is already a freak DE playing in that same stadium in JPP, so Jordan falling to the steelers would be a nice steal!
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree over Reid for the Bengals

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Vikings pick given how the board has fallen.
coleman51

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do Titans need a DT? Have Marks, Casey, Klug, Martin already in rotation. Bigger need at MLB, interior line, and a safety that isn't terrible.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: ďIím mad at the fact theyíve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much rather have Richardson over Hankins. Hankins takes too many plays off for my liking.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
Why do Titans need a DT? Have Marks, Casey, Klug, Martin already in rotation. Bigger need at MLB, interior line, and a safety that isn't terrible.

Marks is a FA and is nothing more then average. Klug and Martin are great rotation guys but another beast DT to go with Casey would be great. MLB isn't a need in the top 10. We have McCarthy who I realize has injury concerns, but no reason to take aMLB in the top 10. Also thats too high for a guard.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montgomery is a fine DE indeed but i think with the talent and upside with Ansah there you might have to go with him in that spot.
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Much rather have Richardson over Hankins. Hankins takes too many plays off for my liking.

also @coleman
your telling this to a buckeye fan who has watched EVERY game of his since his freshman year. his impact on our line was sensational. He played his tail off every play. this year he showed he can play through injuries as well. there were a few plays it looked like he was down and out of the game and he was back in. tough kid and great tackler. also, last year I remember Titan fans wanting Devon Still Devon Still Devon Still. You guys get a better DT prospect this year and now say you have too many??? None of your guys intrigue me other then Casey. Marks is ok, but he's probably not gonna be back next year. The only other guy I considered here was Warmack but last year I said DeCastro was worthy of the 11th pick n that KC should take him, but I was wrong and he fell to 24. Guards just don't go that high.

Last edited by StRiTcH09 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Montgomery is a fine DE indeed but i think with the talent and upside with Ansah there you might have to go with him in that spot.

Lol I originally had him with the Cowboys, then changed it to Tyler Wilson last minute before I submitted it. Before I read your comment I'm like I think Ansah would be a better fit opposite Ware... so I put him to the boys haha sorry!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: