Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Allen one and done?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3758
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
Allen is about to take the podium soon. I'll let you guys know if anything interesting is said.

It would have been nice to see Reggie take the podium too, just to know what his thoughts on everything are.


Is there a live stream or anything?

No it's just on CSN Bay Area.

Media is there, but still no sight of Dennis Allen.
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaidersAreOne


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 9178
Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
Allen is about to take the podium soon. I'll let you guys know if anything interesting is said.

It would have been nice to see Reggie take the podium too, just to know what his thoughts on everything are.


Is there a live stream or anything?

No it's just on CSN Bay Area.

Media is there, but still no sight of Dennis Allen.


Alright. Let us know what he says and stuff, would be appreciated.
_________________

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4569
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knapp, Pollack and Holland fired.
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14800
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would fire DA and hire lovie smith in half a heartbeat
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3758
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DA Press Conference:

- Said the year didn't go the way he wanted it to (obviously). Saw some areas of improvements in some areas, though.

- Said Pryor did some nice things yesterday & it was good to see his improvements on the field. Said his athleticism makes it difficult for opponents & that Pryor looked good in the red zone.

- Said we didn't get the production we needed to have to be effective. He says he's not tied to a certain scheme/system. He's just looking for production & execution. Wants to get the right guy for this offense. No timeframe on when it will happen. Believes in continuity, but also believes in results.

- Says the 4 coaching changes is all he anticipates.

- No longterm implications to Palmer's health. Says to his knowledge, Palmer will be fine.

- Was pleased with Jason Tarver & said he does a good job for the team's defense. Says it's a learning curve for him & Tarver as it's their first time doing this.

- Knows what kinds of players he & RM are looking for. Has a "clear plan" on what he wants to accomplish.

- Says our talent is better than what our record shows. Said depth & injuries were a factor.

- Will let the offseason play out in regards to McClain's future with this team.
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaidersAreOne


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 9178
Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
DA Press Conference:

- Said the year didn't go the way he wanted it to (obviously). Saw some areas of improvements in some areas, though.

- Said Pryor did some nice things yesterday & it was good to see his improvements on the field. Said his athleticism makes it difficult for opponents & that Pryor looked good in the red zone.

- Said we didn't get the production we needed to have to be effective. He says he's not tied to a certain scheme/system. He's just looking for production & execution. Wants to get the right guy for this offense. No timeframe on when it will happen. Believes in continuity, but also believes in results.

- Says the 4 coaching changes is all he anticipates.

- No longterm implications to Palmer's health. Says to his knowledge, Palmer will be fine.

- Was pleased with Jason Tarver & said he does a good job for the team's defense. Says it's a learning curve for him & Tarver as it's their first time doing this.

- Knows what kinds of players he & RM are looking for. Has a "clear plan" on what he wants to accomplish.

- Says our talent is better than what our record shows. Said depth & injuries were a factor.

- Will let the offseason play out in regards to McClain's future with this team.


Thanks alot man. Im happy and agree with everything he said, except for the last point about McClain. Our team played 10x with him out of the lineup. If any player deserves to be cut, I think McClain gets #1.
_________________

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5749
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i would fire DA and hire lovie smith in half a heartbeat


I played for Lovie in college. great guy just too soft spoken. Imo, Lovie is the defensive version of Norv Turner. Turner should NEVER attempt to give a motivational speech. ZZZzzzz
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14800
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i would fire DA and hire lovie smith in half a heartbeat


I played for Lovie in college. great guy just too soft spoken. Imo, Lovie is the defensive version of Norv Turner. Turner should NEVER attempt to give a motivational speech. ZZZzzzz


i hear you but loud or not he gets respect. imo if the players dont respect you they will never buy into what you are selling. lovie would also do wonders for this defense and help attract big name FA's.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32884
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i would fire DA and hire lovie smith in half a heartbeat


I played for Lovie in college. great guy just too soft spoken. Imo, Lovie is the defensive version of Norv Turner. Turner should NEVER attempt to give a motivational speech. ZZZzzzz


i hear you but loud or not he gets respect. imo if the players dont respect you they will never buy into what you are selling. lovie would also do wonders for this defense and help attract big name FA's.


Dude. DA is here for at least another year. This is all moot.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group