Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's Official: Gene Smith Fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, trolling will be dealt with if it happens. It's best to ignore it and send a PM to a mod from the area.

If you have any questions, send a PM to a mod and we'll deal with your concerns as soon as possible.

And back to football. Very Happy

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I'd rank the QB's

Gabbert
Henne
Tebow
Sanchez
McElroy

With the last two interchangeable. Plus the Jaguars are in a much better position to draft a QB, and the Jets have that terrible contract with Sanchez. And on top of that, the Jaguars have the better weapons to bail the QB out, whoever it be.

I'd love to hear the argument for Gabbert > Tebow.

Tebow has a higher QB rating and a 29/11 TD/turnover ratio. While Gabbert is negative. Laughing
That's like choosing between Herpes or Gonorrhea, either way you're F'd.

Meh. You guys will love him when he gets to Jacksonville and starts winning games. Kinda sad that the Jags are going to get him.
Look Bruh, I LOVE Tebow I traveled over an hour too watch him play in HS. I BLEED orange and blue, I might not see another 4 seasons as magical as the ones Tim Tebow had at Florida.

If I thought there was a 25% chance Tebow could come too the jags and be successful I'd take it.

But the facts are that 29 out of 32 teams have never wanted anything too do with Tim Tebow at QB. Add that with what I've seen with my own eyes and I really just don't think it's a good idea. Because yea, he might come in here and win a few games, sell some tickets and get us on ESPN.

But that's not what the goal of this franchise should be, our goal is too WIN THE FREAKING SUPER BOWL. Frankly Tim can't pass the ball well enough too take us there.

BINGO! We have a winner best comment to close out 2012 finally a man on the Forum with common sense.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Yes, trolling will be dealt with if it happens. It's best to ignore it and send a PM to a mod from the area.

If you have any questions, send a PM to a mod and we'll deal with your concerns as soon as possible.

Playa that's how you get shot and I can't go back to dat life

DuvalsKing wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I'd rank the QB's

Gabbert
Henne
Tebow
Sanchez
McElroy

With the last two interchangeable. Plus the Jaguars are in a much better position to draft a QB, and the Jets have that terrible contract with Sanchez. And on top of that, the Jaguars have the better weapons to bail the QB out, whoever it be.

Tebow has a higher QB rating and a 29/11 TD/turnover ratio. While Gabbert is negative. Laughing

Meh. You guys will love him when he gets to Jacksonville and starts winning games. Kinda sad that the Jags are going to get him.
Look Bruh, I LOVE Tebow I traveled over an hour too watch him play in HS. I BLEED orange and blue, I might not see another 4 seasons as magical as the ones Tim Tebow had at Florida.

If I thought there was a 25% chance Tebow could come too the jags and be successful I'd take it.

But the facts are that 29 out of 32 teams have never wanted anything too do with Tim Tebow at QB. Add that with what I've seen with my own eyes and I really just don't think it's a good idea. Because yea, he might come in here and win a few games, sell some tickets and get us on ESPN.

But that's not what the goal of this franchise should be, our goal is too WIN THE FREAKING SUPER BOWL. Frankly Tim can't pass the ball well enough too take us there.

BINGO! We have a winner best comment to close out 2012 finally a man on the Forum with common sense.

I don't remember making that post.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
sadjag

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Playa that's how you get shot and I can't go back to dat life

DuvalsKing wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I'd rank the QB's

Gabbert
Henne
Tebow
Sanchez
McElroy

I don't remember making that post.
I believe it's called astral projection Flux.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I'd rank the QB's

Gabbert
Henne
Tebow
Sanchez
McElroy

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but Tebow or no, we're not winning the Superb Owl Title next season. Why not let the guy come in and goof around for a bit? Sell tickets, mechandise, bring on the media circus...and maybe in secret, while all that's going on...we could build a legit superbowl contender from the bottom up behind the scenes. A great defense. Top-tier O-Line. Fill out some more weapons for the offense. Then plug in our stud QB a year or two from now when we had a stud team to go along with them...?

If Tebow is as bad as people make it seem...Bridgewater 2014, all aboard!!! Chooo chooo!!! This train is bound for glory, this train... Cool
sadjag

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I don't think It's a good idea too essentially waste a football season. If the front office decides they don;t like any QB's this year and want too build elsewhere then fine.

But bringing in a guy solely for media attention and giggles is not something a respectable franchise would do. let's leave the circus show too the jets and the Raiders.

And realistically your right we're not going too the super bowl next season but if we aren't doing everything possible too try, than there are some serious issues at the top of this club.

Moves like this will only make us more of laughing stock and Bottom Feeder in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
In Gene We trust?

Laughing post for post, the funniest damn man on FF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
corry wrote:
In Gene We trust?

That was going to be my response to the glorious, inevitable news, but I was beaten to the punch. I've been calling for this a while, the fact that I haven't commented on it yet may seem strange, but vindication is often a bitter victory. I never wished anything but the best for Gene, but the past few years have proven his effectiveness left much to be desired. That said, we suck and it stinks. So while I'm happy he's finally gone, I'm not happy that it had to come to this- because it's an indication of how bad things have been lately for jags fans.

So instead, a final poem for our dearly departed former GM.

I love Gene Smiff
It's not a whiff
In Gene I Trust
He's Not a Bust
Gene's lost a lot
Gave Blaine a shot
Lucked out with Shorts
Peace out, you dork.

RIP Gene Smiff, may the angels in heaven trust in you until the end of time.
corry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
corry wrote:
In Gene We trust?

We all have our moments. Wink

MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its unfortunate he didn't work out. I'm sure there's a position waiting for him in New York though.

My only worry is that Mularkey is still employed.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Tugboat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Because I don't think It's a good idea too essentially waste a football season. If the front office decides they don;t like any QB's this year and want too build elsewhere then fine.

But bringing in a guy solely for media attention and giggles is not something a respectable franchise would do. let's leave the circus show too the jets and the Raiders.

And realistically your right we're not going too the super bowl next season but if we aren't doing everything possible too try, than there are some serious issues at the top of this club.

Moves like this will only make us more of laughing stock and Bottom Feeder in the long run.

I wouldn't call that a 'waste' of a season though. Building a great team isn't a 'waste' at all as far as i'm concerned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: