Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ralph Wilson gives up organizational control of Bills

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jb_gobills


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 14638
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Ralph Wilson gives up organizational control of Bills Reply with quote

Russ Brandon has full authority
CEO Russ Brandon to assume organizational control of Buffalo Bills

Russ Brandon has taken over as team president and now has full authority over the franchise.

Russ Brandon wrote:
He told me he was passing the torch to me to run the franchise in totality. He has granted me full authority to run the franchise with zero restrictions and zero limitations.


Russ Brandon press conference

Buddy Nix will remain in place as GM.
_________________

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23727
Location: 414
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this guy trustworthy? Or did he just buddy up to Ralph Wilson?

I was reading his Wiki page where it states that he was the one instrumental in the team's decision to play in Toronto and that he seemingly rode Marv Levy's coattails into Buffalo and then just kept rising in the organization while everyone around him disappeared.

Great gig for him if that is not the case and an ease of mind situation for the Wilson family but it kinda makes me wonder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jb_gobills


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 14638
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to believe that Wilson wouldn't have made this decision if Brandon wasn't trustworthy. I'm sure he didn't make the decision lightly, especially after the Tom Donahoe debacle.

Brandon has been with the team for sixteen years and has been the CEO for the last three years. He's done a great job marketing and regionalizing the franchise (not just the Toronto stuff, which I'm not personally a fan of). He has also played a big role in getting a new lease signed and getting funding for stadium renovations. He is also heavily involved in plans for a potential new stadium in the future.
_________________

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3338
Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
I'd have to believe that Wilson wouldn't have made this decision if Brandon wasn't trustworthy. I'm sure he didn't make the decision lightly, especially after the Tom Donahoe debacle.

Brandon has been with the team for sixteen years and has been the CEO for the last three years. He's done a great job marketing and regionalizing the franchise (not just the Toronto stuff, which I'm not personally a fan of). He has also played a big role in getting a new lease signed and getting funding for stadium renovations. He is also heavily involved in plans for a potential new stadium in the future.


Hey we get 1 NFL game. And we cherish it very well.
_________________

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7759
Location: DC via ATL
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Bills fans..: is this good news? I really only know of the Bills that they haven't been stable with coaches over the past few years and have been in a culture of losing, I'm just not sure how much he was involved and really who is I guess you could say the one who is to blame.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jb_gobills


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 14638
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
For Bills fans..: is this good news? I really only know of the Bills that they haven't been stable with coaches over the past few years and have been in a culture of losing, I'm just not sure how much he was involved and really who is I guess you could say the one who is to blame.


I think this is good news mostly because Ralph Wilson's health has been deteriorating over the last few years. He can now focus more on his health and his family. As far as the team is concerned, I think Bills fans are cautiously optimistic with Russ Brandon. He has done some really good things for the organization, hopefully that will carry over into his new role.
_________________

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15418
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh....you don't want to know my opinion on Mr. Burns getting out of the picture do you?



But the Bills just signed a new lease agreement for ten years.
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9317
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little skeptical but will give it a chance.. Hopefully he gets the right coaches in here and not restrict us in FA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
BillSabre


Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 2560
Location: Buffalo 716
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
I'd have to believe that Wilson wouldn't have made this decision if Brandon wasn't trustworthy. I'm sure he didn't make the decision lightly, especially after the Tom Donahoe debacle.

Brandon has been with the team for sixteen years and has been the CEO for the last three years. He's done a great job marketing and regionalizing the franchise (not just the Toronto stuff, which I'm not personally a fan of). He has also played a big role in getting a new lease signed and getting funding for stadium renovations. He is also heavily involved in plans for a potential new stadium in the future.


Hey we get 1 NFL game. And we cherish it very well.


We hate the Toronto agreement as Bills fans. It's not that we are trying to ruin it for the Canadian side of the border but we essentially play an extra road game every year. 9 road games, 7 home games....... Dies that seem fair to everybody?
_________________

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10266
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Russ Brandon will do some great things as the President and CEO of the Bills.

Finally we have some stability in the FO. Look at the coaching search for instance. 3 years ago we couldnt find anyone not a coordinator not a former head coach to even interview for our HC job. Now 2 days into it we have a former HC Whisenhunt and a hot commodity DC Horton interviewing. We also have a great HC in Lovie Smith "very interested". I like the way things are playing out already.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8460
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise to see this. Wilson is 94 years old. Hope this all works out for the Bills organization and they get back on their feet again.
_________________
Where's my Burrito? Where's my Burrito?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group