Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 20 2013 Draft Order, Chiefs pick first overall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
I believe the Chiefs would be best served going with Star in the first and trading for a Matt Flynn or Alex Smith.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Smith and Flynn find themselves on the open market by the time March 1st comes around. I agree - find a caretaker for a year or two, maybe take a shot at one of the falling QB prospects in the 2nd round (EJ Manuel seems like a very interesting prospect) let Smith/Flynn take the starting gig, see how many wins they can churn out with that.

EJ Manuel should not go before the 3rd or 4th round.

I think KC should take Tyler Wilson. They are actually not a bad outside of the QB position. No QB in this class, outside of Wilson and Eugene Smith, can be looked at as an instant starter.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
I believe the Chiefs would be best served going with Star in the first and trading for a Matt Flynn or Alex Smith.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Smith and Flynn find themselves on the open market by the time March 1st comes around. I agree - find a caretaker for a year or two, maybe take a shot at one of the falling QB prospects in the 2nd round (EJ Manuel seems like a very interesting prospect) let Smith/Flynn take the starting gig, see how many wins they can churn out with that.

I think they could also look at Cousins or even a veteran like Vick

Sig courtesy of mack.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs are gonna go QB, it's been over 20 years since they drafted one in the first round, they will draft one.

If they keep doing the same thing they always do and expect a different result I'm not gonna watch them for a while.
TD: 0
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

I think they could also look at Cousins or even a veteran like Vick

Cousins would make sense if they hire Kyle Shanahan.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
#4 sooo ballin Cool.

Also look at the Rams. They are going to be loading up. There fans got be stoked. Just imagine if they can get a trade down on one of those 1st round picks and pick a 2nd. Come away 4 players in the top 64 picks.
Please don't take Joeckel. We need to use him as trade bait.

We're already ahead of you..... in the draft order and that notion LOL.

PM sig requests.
Hat Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look for the Kansas City or Jacksonville to trade down at least once, if not twice to stock pile picks the way the Rams did last year.

When a team has a lot of holes to fill, stock piling picks is the way to go. Working the draft board is the first step in building a successful franchise.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat Man wrote:
I look for the Kansas City or Jacksonville to trade down at least once, if not twice to stock pile picks the way the Rams did last year.

When a team has a lot of holes to fill, stock piling picks is the way to go. Working the draft board is the first step in building a successful franchise.

No, getting a QB is
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hat Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

No, getting a QB is

You don't need the first or second overall pick to get a quality quarterback.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat Man wrote:

No one in this draft is worth trading up that high for especially when you'll have to give up all those picks to get there

PM sig requests.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

No one in this draft is worth trading up that high for especially when you'll have to give up all those picks to get there

Slight amendment to that. The only position a team is likely to trade up for is a QB which is counter-intuitive for them to do if they want to come out of this draft with a QB.

But we see this every season (save for last season with Colts fans and Luck) where the fans of the team with #1 pick want to trade back figuring they can have their cake (trade back) and eat it too (still get a QB they want). Front offices don't look gift-horses (the 1st overall pick) in the mouth - if they want/need a QB, they take the QB when they can get them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

I could see a team trading up with Jacksonville to jump Oakland for Star Lotulelei.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

Slight amendment to that. The only position a team is likely to trade up for is a QB which is counter-intuitive for them to do if they want to come out of this draft with a QB.

But we see this every season (save for last season with Colts fans and Luck) where the fans of the team with #1 pick want to trade back figuring they can have their cake (trade back) and eat it too (still get a QB they want). Front offices don't look gift-horses (the 1st overall pick) in the mouth - if they want/need a QB, they take the QB when they can get them.

QB most of the time, yes. You're also right, we do see it every year fans want that b/c it always makes sense and is the best case scenario LOL. I never anticipate trade downs albeit significantly easier now due to the lessened financial ties that comes w/ high draft picks.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

I could see a team trading up with Jacksonville to jump Oakland for Star Lotulelei.

This is why I'm hoping someone leaps ahead in the pack in terms of a prospect and Oakland has Star and Joeckel to choose from. There are plenty of teams who could benefit from either of those players so assuming KC goes Smith (LOL) and Jax goes someone other than those two, it would mean Oakland could choose from Star or Luke or listen to trade offers. There is literally no way to lose in this scenario. If Al Davis was there, I'd say it's a lock we're drafting Dee Milner but he's not and this is our first year w/ a first round pick w/o him around. I think you can understand my excitement hahaha

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: