Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finally, a Deeeeej mock draft!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Finally, a Deeeeej mock draft! Reply with quote

Just a draft this time.

Round ONE (10): Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M

I think this kid will be a stud. Every time I watched A&M, he stood out on their defense. I love his motor and could turn our defense around. You can never have too many good pass rushers, especially after we overpaid for a mediocre Wimbley. He had 12 sacks last year along with 20(!) TFL.

Round TWO (39): Larry Warford OL Kentucky

Again, another kid that I think will be a stud. I guess that's easy to say when you are a 3rd team all american on a terrible Kentucky team. 37 consecutive starts in the sec isn't so bad and finally gives Tennessee some talent on a line that is lacking said talent.

Round THREE (71): Bacarri Rambo DB Georgia

Round FOUR: Mike Gillislee RB Florida

Round FIVE: Gabe Jackson OL Miss State

Round SEVEN: Kyle Juszczyk TE Harvard

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good draft but I'd like us to take a LB at some point in the draft. Doubt Moore lasts that long too but I'd love it. Warford IMO is a very good pick. Very underrated.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Pretty good draft but I'd like us to take a LB at some point in the draft. Doubt Moore lasts that long too but I'd love it. Warford IMO is a very good pick. Very underrated.

I think we are fine at LB.

Moore could very well be gone. We will still have plenty of DL to chose from.

I also reallllly like Sheldon Richardson. Derrick Morgan definitely started playing better so I could see us passing up on a DE. Maybe our biggest need in an elite DT. We need someone collapsing the pocket. Improves the play of our mediocre secondary.

Also, I just realized all but 1 of these picks are from the SEC.

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I also reallllly like Sheldon Richardson. Derrick Morgan definitely started playing better so I could see us passing up on a DE. Maybe our biggest need in an elite DT. We need someone collapsing the pocket. Improves the play of our mediocre secondary.

I meant depth behind McCarthy, Brown, and Ayers. Spoon, McRath, Diles, and Adibi are all FA's. Shaw and Bailey should never see the field on defense. Need our depth upgraded.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I meant depth behind McCarthy, Brown, and Ayers. Spoon, McRath, Diles, and Adibi are all FA's. Shaw and Bailey should never see the field on defense. Need our depth upgraded.

Spoon and Adibi can walk, but I think we should re-sign McRath, Malast and Diles. I see them as quality backups. I really like what I saw out of Diles before he got injured. He tackles hard and brings intensity. But I'd also like to get one more ILB in case McCarthy keeps having injury problems.
coleman51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see us use a late pick on Tyrann Mathieu. Yes, I know about his problems. But a late pick is very expendable for a player of his caliber. We need that type of swag on D, especially in secondary. I'd also take a back like Zac Stacy over the RB from Florida.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
I'd also take a back like Zac Stacy over the RB from Florida.

Yes. Saw him at a Zaxby's too. Smile
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love me some Baccardi and Rambo! I hope we get him.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
titans will return

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok SEC heavy. The titans don't particularly go very heavy on sec players. I like the mock though
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tired of the Titans drafting DEs in the first round. Seems to me we can get just as good in the later rounds.

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:
I'm tired of the Titans drafting DEs in the first round. Seems to me we can get just as good in the later rounds.

Uh why? Since we became the Tennessee Titans, we've taken Jevon Kearse(99) and Derrick Morgan(10). Kearse we all know was a beast and was a huge part of why we got to the Superbowl. Morgan tore his ACL his rookie year and was slowed down for a couple years. Now he's finally healthy and starting to look like a 1st round pick. He's a beast against the run and is improving every year in pass-rush. He had a very solid season this year and I expect him to improve this offseason and be even better next year. Without a pass-rush, your defense will be trash. Moore is the best DE in this draft and will great in a rotation with Wimbley and Morgan.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
OwNaGe wrote:

Uh why? Since we became the Tennessee Titans, we've taken Jevon Kearse(99) and Derrick Morgan(10). Kearse we all know was a beast and was a huge part of why we got to the Superbowl. Morgan tore his ACL his rookie year and was slowed down for a couple years. Now he's finally healthy and starting to look like a 1st round pick. He's a beast against the run and is improving every year in pass-rush. He had a very solid season this year and I expect him to improve this offseason and be even better next year. Without a pass-rush, your defense will be trash. Moore is the best DE in this draft and will great in a rotation with Wimbley and Morgan.

What he said... unfortunately Moore will be long gone before our pick.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
OwNaGe wrote:

All fair points. Here's the problem though. Kearse had 2-3 great seasons then fell off. Morgan is a HUGE question mark. He's no JPP and I guess we have to live with that. Yeah Morgan was "Ok" this year. He's not playing like a first round pick tho. While they run totally different schemes, look at what JPP, Aldon Smith, and Watt have done. Those players are worth 1st round picks, not D. Morgan. Just don't wanna waste our first round pick on a spot while so many other holes are not filled.

My Teams:
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you argue "well we can put another 1 in the rotation" ok, why can't we draft 1 in the 2nd 3rd or 4th round? If we feel so confident in D Morgan and Wimbley as our starters all we need are rotation players. If you reject this premise, then you have to say "well maybe we aren't comfortable with D. Morgan or Wimbley. Then the next question is...ok, well why did you waste a first round pick on D. Morgan then? Or waste money in FA on Wimbley>

My Teams:
Flylow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:
If you argue "well we can put another 1 in the rotation" ok, why can't we draft 1 in the 2nd 3rd or 4th round? If we feel so confident in D Morgan and Wimbley as our starters all we need are rotation players. If you reject this premise, then you have to say "well maybe we aren't comfortable with D. Morgan or Wimbley. Then the next question is...ok, well why did you waste a first round pick on D. Morgan then? Or waste money in FA on Wimbley>

This argument is nonsense. Moore isn't going to be our pick, because he isn't going to be available when he get on the clock. However, it doesn't matter if you think we need a DE or not, that's your opinion, he would be the best player on the draft board (or should be). If this were to happen, it would be the same situation as last year and the year we drafted Chris Johnson. Both times we went BPA, and I wouldn't blame the Titans to do that again this year. Yes, we need multiple positions, but if Moore happens to be their. You draft him, since he's the best player on the board, instead of grabbing someone else just because we have money invested in Morgan/Wimbley or because DE isn't our top need. RB/WR wasn't our 'top' need when he drafted CJ or Wright and both seem to be doing just fine..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: