Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Head Coaching Candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5084
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I've been thinking about it, and I think you may be able to keep defensive continuity IF you promote John Hoke to DC.


I mentioned this a while back on what I'd like to see happen provided the Bears hired an offensive minded coach like McCoy, Sullivan etc. I hope they keep as much of the defensive staff in place as possible and promote Hoke to DC because I'd have my doubts Marinelli would stay here if Lovie were to get hired somewhere else.

Not to mention last year during this time there was a bit of a buzz for Jon Hoke's services as I believe he interviewed for the defensive coordinator position with Philly and the Vikings also requested him for an interview but were denied for divisonal reasons.

Bears D had a really good year this past season and Hoke was partially responsible for helping the team's two starting CBs reach the probowl (a first in 20+ some years). I think his familiarity with the players and system would transition well with the new head coach of this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RidiculousJames


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 1720
Location: Cheshire, England
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Arians is the complete opposite of conservative.


What he did in Indianapolis was nothing shot I masterful coaching this season.

Pittsburgh fans don't like him?

-He created Ben Rosthlisberger.

-He was the OC for the Superbowl where there offence won them the game.


What it sounds like is he was a stubborn old bat like Mike Martz was.


Ask Colts fans what they think because what he did this year was masterful.

Pittsburgh people did not like him despite having success which hurts their credibility.

This is from the Colts forum:
Mooche wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
A frontrunner for the Chargers too.

UTKevinAcee wrote:
Only name I know for sure been seriously discussed @ Chargers Park to this point is Bruce Arians ... I am told Ken Whisenhunt is interested.

I want him to get a HC gig somewhere.

He's a terrible playcaller, and if we can get someone like Turner it's an automatic improvement.


I agree.

I salute Bruce for the fact he filled in, did an excellent job, and on top of that was a no BS type of guy. But he just can't string together good game plans. I don't know what it is, but it just isn't something he can do.

In an offense that allows Luck to move more, hit the tight ends, and has more available check downs he would thrive.

So it's very mixed... This is why I'd still have doubts, even though he did do really well.
_________________
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 0 || Interceptions || Forced Fumbles: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9655
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Arians is the complete opposite of conservative.


What he did in Indianapolis was nothing shot I masterful coaching this season.

Pittsburgh fans don't like him?

-He created Ben Rosthlisberger.

-He was the OC for the Superbowl where there offence won them the game.


What it sounds like is he was a stubborn old bat like Mike Martz was.


Ask Colts fans what they think because what he did this year was masterful.

Pittsburgh people did not like him despite having success which hurts their credibility.

This is from the Colts forum:
Mooche wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
A frontrunner for the Chargers too.

UTKevinAcee wrote:
Only name I know for sure been seriously discussed @ Chargers Park to this point is Bruce Arians ... I am told Ken Whisenhunt is interested.

I want him to get a HC gig somewhere.

He's a terrible playcaller, and if we can get someone like Turner it's an automatic improvement.


I agree.

I salute Bruce for the fact he filled in, did an excellent job, and on top of that was a no BS type of guy. But he just can't string together good game plans. I don't know what it is, but it just isn't something he can do.

In an offense that allows Luck to move more, hit the tight ends, and has more available check downs he would thrive.

So it's very mixed... This is why I'd still have doubts, even though he did do really well.


We don't know if this guy knows anything.

He has a rookie QB.

He has 1 WR and a hung if rookies and journey men.

He has Vick Ballard a rookie 4th round pick at RB.

He has a mediocre to bad OL that starts Winston Jutsice and AQ Shipley on the OL.

He has 2 rookies at TE.

The fact this offence is good is an amazing job.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9655
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears
#Bears TE Matt Spaeth on Bruce Arians: "I can tell you when Pitt got rid of him, nobody was happy in that locker room, especially Ben."
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9655
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears
Spaeth: I have to be honest, Ive been kind of sitting around waiting to see when teams were going to start trying to interview Bruce."

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears
Spaeth: "As far as Arians' style of offense, in the run game, its old-school..downhill and attacking. A power based running attack."

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears
Spaeth: "He puts QBs in a good position to be successful..roll outs, bootlegs, playactions. The results speak for themselves.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RidiculousJames


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 1720
Location: Cheshire, England
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Arians is the complete opposite of conservative.


What he did in Indianapolis was nothing shot I masterful coaching this season.

Pittsburgh fans don't like him?

-He created Ben Rosthlisberger.

-He was the OC for the Superbowl where there offence won them the game.


What it sounds like is he was a stubborn old bat like Mike Martz was.


Ask Colts fans what they think because what he did this year was masterful.

Pittsburgh people did not like him despite having success which hurts their credibility.

This is from the Colts forum:
Mooche wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
A frontrunner for the Chargers too.

UTKevinAcee wrote:
Only name I know for sure been seriously discussed @ Chargers Park to this point is Bruce Arians ... I am told Ken Whisenhunt is interested.

I want him to get a HC gig somewhere.

He's a terrible playcaller, and if we can get someone like Turner it's an automatic improvement.


I agree.

I salute Bruce for the fact he filled in, did an excellent job, and on top of that was a no BS type of guy. But he just can't string together good game plans. I don't know what it is, but it just isn't something he can do.

In an offense that allows Luck to move more, hit the tight ends, and has more available check downs he would thrive.

So it's very mixed... This is why I'd still have doubts, even though he did do really well.


We don't know if this guy knows anything.

He has a rookie QB.

He has 1 WR and a hung if rookies and journey men.

He has Vick Ballard a rookie 4th round pick at RB.

He has a mediocre to bad OL that starts Winston Jutsice and AQ Shipley on the OL.

He has 2 rookies at TE.

The fact this offence is good is an amazing job.

They will have decent knowledge at least, they will have watched the Colts under Arians a lot more than you or I. I'm not saying the offense hasn't been good, and that he has done a great job, it's just the fact that they criticize his game planning that worries me.
_________________
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 0 || Interceptions || Forced Fumbles: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2806
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arians land in Philadelphia. He's exactly the kind of guy they'll want to maximize McCoy and help develop Foles/Rookie QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9655
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the Bears are talking to College options covertly because they don't want to burn bridges and hurt recruiting.

My guess is Marrone and O'Brien.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9655
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Contracts of Saints OC Pete Carmichael and former interim HC Aaron Kromer both expired after this season, making them coaching free agents.


What if we got McCoy at HC and Carmichael at OC.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1838
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Apparently the Bears are talking to College options covertly because they don't want to burn bridges and hurt recruiting.

My guess is Marrone and O'Brien.



Those are two of my favorites. I still hope we get a chance at Chip Kelly.
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JPeppers90


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 763
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Contracts of Saints OC Pete Carmichael and former interim HC Aaron Kromer both expired after this season, making them coaching free agents.


What if we got McCoy at HC and Carmichael at OC.


LOL that would be crazy, but never happening.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nads786


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 4156
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Contracts of Saints OC Pete Carmichael and former interim HC Aaron Kromer both expired after this season, making them coaching free agents.


What if we got McCoy at HC and Carmichael at OC.


I would cream my pants.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18340
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Pompei ‏@danpompei
Permission just now granted to Bears to interview Bruce Arians. Interview scheduled for next week.
https://twitter.com/danpompei
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1838
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well damn. Michael C Wright just said that he doesn't think that Emery is interested in Chip Kelly at all, and that he got the impression that Emery does not think that offense will work in the NFL...
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19133
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Well damn. Michael C Wright just said that he doesn't think that Emery is interested in Chip Kelly at all, and that he got the impression that Emery does not think that offense will work in the NFL...

^^Laughs^^
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 32 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group