Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CW21's Draft Thread (Top 100 Big Board - Page 47)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFLSoup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Jamal55 wrote:
Whats your thoughts on Arthur Brown? Do you think he could play 3-4 ILB? Any NFL comparison you have in mind?

Nice mid-round pick with a nose for the ball. I don't think he has the size or the ability to take on blockers and then disengage to make plays to be a 34 ILB. I think Lavonte David is a good comparison for him.

Brown is going to be drafted in the early/middle 2nd round, going to be the "Bobby Wagner" pick of this draft - Scar988.

Wagner is an ok comparison, and David fits.

I prefer Mason Foster, however. Foster was a bit heavier coming out, but the way both of them played sideline to sideline at the collegiate level just screams comparison.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think of Cincinnati TE Travis Kelce?
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
First mock of the year is up. Let me know what you think.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15358011#15358011

For the Rams:

I definitely like the Hunter pick, I think that WR must be addressed in the first round for us. I prefer Williams @ WR, but Hunter would be fine with me. With the second first round pick for us, I am indifferent about it. We need a safety badly, but I am not the biggest Reid fan.

My NFL Draft Thread
Rays_Peeps34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your take on Matt Elam? Any chance he slides too Carolina's 2nd round pick?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rays_Peeps34 wrote:
What's your take on Matt Elam? Any chance he slides too Carolina's 2nd round pick?

Personally, I'm not a big fan. He has good instincts, but he's a chihuahua that tries to play like a great dane and it's just not working for him. I see him missing a lot of tackles at the next level and I think his instincts in coverage are a little overrated.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Is it wrong that the more and more I think about it, I like Joseph Randle less and less?

Definitely a schematic fit. I really think he fits well in a system that's going to hit him out of the backfield pretty frequently. Good receiver and a smart runner.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Thoughts on Dion Jordan Oregon ? Is he a 1st round pick and who does he compare to ? Could he play DE in a 4-3 scheme?

Unless he flops at the combine, I think he's going to be a top 20 pick come April. I really have a tough time putting a comparison because his physical skills don't match what the Oregon coaching staff asked of him. I think he could play with his hand in the ground, but I think he needs to put on another twenty or so pounds to his frame. He's a bit light, especially in his lower half.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
What do you think of Cincinnati TE Travis Kelce?

Decent tight end prospect, but nothing really special there. Not overly athletic freak, so he's likely not going to be a big time receiver. Best case scenario, he's a poor man's Jason Witten but he's probably more of a #2 TE.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rays_Peeps34 wrote:

He looks small. I'm not sure he's the 5'10" he's listed at, and looks most certainly smaller. Plays bigger than he is, but doesn't wrap up very well. Most definitely a strong safety at the next level, don't see the coverage skills as a free safety and better around the LOS. Not a huge fan of him. He could sneak late round one, but I think he's going to measure up light and slip into the second round. Could get to Carolina's pick, but I think more likely they'd have to trade up into the top ten of the second round to ensure they could select him.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan [DE/OLB; Oregon]

Height: 6'7"
Weight: 243
NFL Comparison: Manny Lawson [OLB; Cincinnati Bengals]

Strengths: Right away when you see him, he's an impressive physical specimen with a large frame and long arms that still has plenty of growth potential left in him. Very fluid athlete and a ton of natural athleticism. Shows good initial burst and explosion off the snap. Bends well at the hips and able to turn the corner against lineman while maintaining leverage. Shows a wide range of pass rush moves. Very good in pursuit and for as big as he is he's good in coverage as well. For the most part, he's a reliable tackler and wraps up well. Does a really good job using his hands to keep blockers at bay, and then disengages to make the play on the ballcarrier. A willing run defender. Durable. Strong motor. Has positional and schematic versatility.

Weakness: Not very strong, particularly in his lower body where he needs to bulk up more. Can get too high and not play with good pad level when he gets winded. Not real stout against the run, and probably will be corrected with the correct weight room regiment. Probably will struggle against more athletic backs coming out of the backfield. Instincts and awareness aren't quite where you would hope they'd be. Might be a bit of a tweener.

Overall: Dion Jordan will almost certainly be a top twenty pick come April, and with a strong enough combine I think he can vault himself to the top pass rusher in this year's class. He's extremely athletic and he's got quite a bit of development left in him. He's your classic boom or bust pick, and you'll have to have a ton of faith in your coaching staff but you can get a perennial Pro Bowler in him. He's been a bit misused in Eugene, where the coaching staff asked him to drop into coverage more than rushing the passer. I think he's a bit more natural fit in a 34 rush linebacker role, but I think if he can add about twenty more pounds to his frame I think he could be a heck of a 43 end.
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on Notre Dame CB Bennett Jackson?
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
Thoughts on Notre Dame CB Bennett Jackson?

Nice player. Wasn't a full time player until this year, so think he needs another year at Notre Dame.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 With Chip Kelly probably jumping to the NFL and more option plays being ran do NFL scouts need to change the way QB's can be looked at?

Sig bet
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
CWood21 With Chip Kelly probably jumping to the NFL and more option plays being ran do NFL scouts need to change the way QB's can be looked at?

I'm not sure change is the right word, probably be more open minded. Go back a few years and spread offense QBs were pretty much shunned. In the past few years, we've seen RG3, Cam Newton, and Sam Bradford come versions of a spread offense and end up as top three picks in the draft. I'm not sure we'll see a true option spread offense in the NFL, but principles from the spread offense have already been implemented in the NFL.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Thoughts on Dion Jordan Oregon ? Is he a 1st round pick and who does he compare to ? Could he play DE in a 4-3 scheme?

Unless he flops at the combine, I think he's going to be a top 20 pick come April. I really have a tough time putting a comparison because his physical skills don't match what the Oregon coaching staff asked of him. I think he could play with his hand in the ground, but I think he needs to put on another twenty or so pounds to his frame. He's a bit light, especially in his lower half.

What about Julian Peterson for a comparison? He seems like he has a similar skill set.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 26 of 51

Jump to: