Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We need to stop creating more holes!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kaiowas05"]
SUG wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
We clearly won on the vonte trade he was terrible for the colts profootballfocus had him rated as one of the worst starting corners in the NFL.[/
quote]
Laughing Laughing Laughing I would have been inclined to keep him had had we stayed with a 3/4 Deff. But there sre several of us convinced he's not smart enogh to play in a zone scheme of anything outside of true man to man.

I'm cool with a 2nd rnd pk.

Sug

we're not a wonderful zone team at the minute either Sad hence the lack in picks

No doubt about it.
But another much needed high quality pass rusher opposite C. Wake takes care of 50% of the secondary.
+ it should also increase the turnover ratio Philbin pointed out needed improvement.

sug
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
The coaching staff loves J Martin and he will be a starting tackle next year for us and will spend the off season in the weight room.

I agree with you. I am just a fan. I do not see him in practice. But when I see him in games, he plays like a 6th rounder. I just want him to play like a 2nd rounder. I can deal with bad technique but to get beat physically the way he has is embarrassing. He has gotten pancaked by defenders on more than one occasion. You cannot say that about Long. But we will see what happens. I will not be mad either way.
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
The coaching staff loves J Martin and he will be a starting tackle next year for us and will spend the off season in the weight room.

I agree with you. I am just a fan. I do not see him in practice. But when I see him in games, he plays like a 6th rounder. I just want him to play like a 2nd rounder. I can deal with bad technique but to get beat physically the way he has is embarrassing. He has gotten pancaked by defenders on more than one occasion. You cannot say that about Long. But we will see what happens. I will not be mad either way.

Man I could not agree with you more ova but ...
Can you please bring any & all options to the table regarding J. Long & the LOT position.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I would even remotely accept bringing him back for any ammount of money &
a lengthy contract similar to what he's had.

There has to be another option either via the draft or via FA that we need to examine.

His signing bonus & 1st yr salary alone will tank 50% of our cap space.
And there is simply no justification from this forum to the front office GM that can justify that.

Please elaborate on any & all options

thanks
sug
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Absolutely and I by no means am saying I think he has played good just what there thoughts are. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt just for the fact that he had to switch positions for the firtst time ever and the one thing people said was he needed a year in a NFL weight room.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Man I could not agree with you more ova but ...
Can you please bring any & all options to the table regarding J. Long & the LOT position.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I would even remotely accept bringing him back for any ammount of money &
a lengthy contract similar to what he's had.

There has to be another option either via the draft or via FA that we need to examine.

His signing bonus & 1st yr salary alone will tank 50% of our cap space.
And there is simply no justification from this forum to the front office GM that can justify that.

Please elaborate on any & all options

thanks
sug

I learned a long time ago, your market worth is what someone is willing to pay you. Jake Long as not played to his usual pro bowl self but are you going to tell me the Cardinals, Bears, Steelers would not pay him a kings ransom to sign? I think they will. I do not think Jake Long is a Miami type player. I envision him playing in the cold conditions somewhere like the Kansas City. I am just saying Miami already traded away one first round pick. The last thing we need to hear is X amount of first rounders remain on the Fins squad since (said date). It will be worse since Matt Ryan is a franchise QB and Miami will feel justified in resiging Long to save face.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing to remember with Martin:

He never had played RT until this season. That is the equivelant of a MLB manager giving a right handed pitcher a left handed pitcher's glove and telling him to go pitch left handed. It's a tough transition and it's going to take some time if that is his spot. Then we switched him to LT and he was better, but only had a month of practice at LT after not playing it for nearly a year. It's a tricky spot for him. I want to see where he is after week 4 next season. Then we should know.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
pope137

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:

He never had played RT until this season. That is the equivelant of a MLB manager giving a right handed pitcher a left handed pitcher's glove and telling him to go pitch left handed. It's a tough transition and it's going to take some time if that is his spot. Then we switched him to LT and he was better, but only had a month of practice at LT after not playing it for nearly a year. It's a tricky spot for him. I want to see where he is after week 4 next season. Then we should know.

Not the same but good try at an analogy....

But martin is extremely out matched against speed and power rushers, i havent seen him really excell at anything. Martin imo is down right horrible.
MiaDolphan13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jury is still out on martin. However, his main problem is strength imo. And if i could pick any problem to fix that would be it. Im a big weight lifter and getting stronger is no problem when you want to. And i do not have the luxury of a superior training staff like martin. They will absolutely make him stronger for next year with no problem. And if they cant we need new trainers.

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pope137 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

Not the same but good try at an analogy....

But martin is extremely out matched against speed and power rushers, i havent seen him really excell at anything. Martin imo is down right horrible.

Basically is the same thing. For example, Martin is used to a left handed stance, coming out with his left foot being his outside foot. The left foot moves first, the left hand is the dominant hand etc. On the right side EVERYTHING is the opposite.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I firmly believe Jeff Ireland maybe the biggest hole in our franchise.
Needs to be filled.

just my opinion

sug
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound dumb but some times you have to go backwards to go forward. Some time it really is addition by subtraction.

This coaching staff wants to build through the draft. They may sign free agents and make a trade or two, but they want the foundation built through the draft.

UniversalAuthor
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
This may sound dumb but some times you have to go backwards to go forward. Some time it really is addition by subtraction.

This coaching staff wants to build through the draft. They may sign free agents and make a trade or two, but they want the foundation built through the draft.

I believe it was Armando Salguero who said it, it was something like:

"Resigning your own FA is good and necessary, but you really need to think if you resign all the guys that made you a 7-9 team is that a winning mentality?"

True. I think you sign Hartline, Clemons and Smith for sure. You think about Starks, Bush and Fasano. Only sign them if they fall below market value (Starks and Fasano probably will)

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

I believe it was Armando Salguero who said it, it was something like:

"Resigning your own FA is good and necessary, but you really need to think if you resign all the guys that made you a 7-9 team is that a winning mentality?"

True. I think you sign Hartline, Clemons and Smith for sure. You think about Starks, Bush and Fasano. Only sign them if they fall below market value (Starks and Fasano probably will)

I agree with that statement but i think you resign Bush and Fasano. I think Smith, Hartline, and Clemons will find other teams. Hartline you could sign but all of those players are replaceable. Bush is a playmaker and Fasano has been reliable in the redzone.

Starks is the one that you say, it makes sense to resign, but at the same time it won't hurt if you don't. He can help the team but can be replaced.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: