Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 JETS OFFSEASON THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBIB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick as a Jet is not a popular pick among Jets fans but it's not difficult to see why they would internally consider it ESPECIALLY Rex Ryan

Rex Ryan has to be more aware that he needs to turn things around relatively quickly in order to insure his future with the team.

If he's weighing his options (or lack thereof) he has to be evaluating the talent and production of Vick vs the lackluster class of free agent QBs, maybe one of the most lackluster in recent memory.

I mean Matt Moore is serviceable at best and he's arguably the best the class has to offer outside of Vick
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL at Austin Howard protecting Michael Vick's blindside, I'll pass on Vick and look at draft a young QB or trade for one or sign a cheap vet

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha love it. Sorry dont know how to past pics here...
Good luck Jacksonville.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-benched-at-dicks-sporting-goods-store-010213

[/img]
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
hahaha love it. Sorry dont know how to past pics here...
Good luck Jacksonville.

FIFY.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Vick as a Jet is not a popular pick among Jets fans but it's not difficult to see why they would internally consider it ESPECIALLY Rex Ryan

Rex Ryan has to be more aware that he needs to turn things around relatively quickly in order to insure his future with the team.

If he's weighing his options (or lack thereof) he has to be evaluating the talent and production of Vick vs the lackluster class of free agent QBs, maybe one of the most lackluster in recent memory.

I mean Matt Moore is serviceable at best and he's arguably the best the class has to offer outside of Vick

This is the smartest Vick post I think youve made in this forum. I think Vick ends up wherever Chip Kelly goes...Cleveland perhaps. Or does Andy Reid bring him to Arizona? I highly doubt he ends up in NY. Rex is going to have almost no say in personel with this new gm, especially since any gm that comes in kind of inherits rex.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
BBIB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
BBIB wrote:

This is the smartest Vick post I think youve made in this forum. I think Vick ends up wherever Chip Kelly goes...Cleveland perhaps. Or does Andy Reid bring him to Arizona? I highly doubt he ends up in NY. Rex is going to have almost no say in personel with this new gm, especially since any gm that comes in kind of inherits rex.

As superficial as it may sound, I think Vick can't go to Cleveland because the media and fans would have a field day with the Vick in the Dawg Pound references
werds35

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets have fired their head strenght and conditioning coach.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/19751/source-jets-fire-strength-coach?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
perikirest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
BBIB wrote:

I have no idea why people continuously lump Vick with Chip Kelly....being an Oregon fan its kinda annoying and really makes no sense outside of ignorant spread offense matching.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
Rich51

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werds35 wrote:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/19751/source-jets-fire-strength-coach?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That was needed. Good article. Now we have to get rid of Sparano, Cavenaugh, and Lal.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
werds35 wrote:

That was needed. Good article. Now we have to get rid of Sparano, Cavenaugh, and Lal.

Why Lal? He hasn't had much to work with. Kerley improved a lot under him.
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
werds35 wrote:

Why Lal? He hasn't had much to work with. Kerley improved a lot under him.

Really lal is great
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Keep Lal, but you are right about everyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RavensInsider: Jets sign defensive back-kick returner Cliff Harris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff Harris was in everyone's mock last year like Tyronn Matheiu is this year lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 JETS OFFSEASON THREAD Reply with quote

jets21rhodes wrote:
I don't post around here often, but I view this board almost every day and really like the opinons a lot of you have on here. With that opening, I'd like to open up the 2013 JETS OFFSEASON THREAD. I'll start it off and keep it going with all the information throughout the offseason (I'm not too good with salary cap numbers but I'll try to include them the best I can, most likely once people start getting released I'll try and figure it out). We should keep this to all the moves/rumors/stories that go on this offseason. Please include sources when posting information that is not an opinion!

To start off, our Front Office/Coaches as of 12/31/2012

Owner: Woody Johnson
GM: Mike Tannebaum Tom Gamble
Head Coach: Rex Ryan
Offensive Coordinator: Tony Sparano
Defensive Coordinator: Mike Pettine
Special Teams Coordinator: Mike Westhoff
Quarterbacks Coach: Matt Cavanaugh
Running Backs Coach: Anthony Lynn
Wide Receivers Coach: Sanjay Lal
Offensive Line Coach: Dave Deguglielmo
Defensive Line Coach: Karl Dunbar
Linebackers Coach: Bob Sutton
Defensive Backs Coach: Dennis Thurman

Coaches Hired
Coaches Fired/Retired (for Westy)

GM Candidates (Confirmed Interest)
Tom Gamble (49ers director of player personell)- Granted Permission to talk to by 49ers- 1/1/2013 Albert Breer says it looks like he is at top of our list - 1/3/2013 Interview Confirmed - 1/5/2013 Schefter reports he cancelled other interview, Brian Bassett reporting it's gonna happen, hashing out details
Marc Ross (Giants director of college scounting)- Granted Permission to talk to by Giants - 1/3/2013 Interview Confirmed
David Caldwell (Falcons director of player personell)- Asked for permission - 1/3/2013 Interview Confirmed
Scott Cohen (Jets Assistant GM) - 1/3/2013 Interview Confirmed

Tom Heckert (Former Browns GM) - 1/3/2013 Interview Confirmed
John Dorsey (Packers director of football operations) - 1/3/2012 Interview Confirmed - 1/4/2012 Cancelled Interview (Brian Costello tweeted)
Bill Polian - Not interested

Offensive Coordinator Candidates
Norv Turner (Former Chargers HC) - 1/3/2013 Rex's Favorite?

*Taken from nyjets.com depth chart*
Our Offensive Players under contract for 2013
QB Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy
RB Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight
FB None
WR Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates, Royce Adams
TE Konrad Reuland, Hayden Smith, Josh Baker
LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG Vladimir Ducasse
C Nick Mangold, Caleb Schlauderaff
RG None
RT Jason Smith

Our Defensive Players under contract for 2013
DE Muhammad Wilkerson, Quinton Coples
NT Sione Po'uha, Kenrick Ellis, Damon Harrison
OLB Calvin Pace, Garrett McIntyre, Ricky Sapp
MLB David Harris, Nick Bellore, Bart Scott, Demario Davis
CB Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson, Aaron Berry, Ellis Lankster, Cliff Harris
S Josh Bush
S Antonio Allen

Our Special Teams under contract for 2013
K None
P Robert Malone
LS None

Player Re-Signed
New Free Agent/Trade Acquisition
Draft Pick

*Taken from nyjetscap.com*
Our Offensive Free Agents (type)
QB None
RB Shonn Greene (UFA)
FB Lex Hilliard (UFA)
WR Braylon Edwards (UFA), Chaz Schilens (UFA), Jordan White (EFA)
TE Dustin Keller (UFA), Jeff Cumberland (RFA), Dedrick Epps (EFA)
LT None
LG Matt Slauson (UFA)
C None
RG Brandon Moore (UFA)
RT Austin Howard (RFA)

Our Defensive Free Agents
DE Mike DeVito (UFA)
NT None
OLB Bryan Thomas (UFA)
MLB Josh Mauga (RFA)
CB Isiah Trufant (EFA), Darrin Walls (EFA)
S LaRon Landry (UFA)
S Yeremiah Bell (UFA)

Our Special Teams Free Agents
K Nick Folk (UFA)
P None
LS Tanner Purdum (RFA)

Draft Picks (will be determined after the season):
1(9).
2(39).
3(72).

Players Released:

Transactions:
12/31/2012 RB Chad Kackertt, LB Danny Lansanah, DT Tevita Finau, T Dennis Landolt, LB Jacquies Smith, WR/S Lane Olson, S Jaiquawn Jarrett, QB Matt Simms, WR Titus Ryan, LB JoJo Dickson, WR Royce Pollard - signed to future/reserve contract

12/31/2012 - Fired GM Mike Tannebaum

1/3/2013 - Fired Strength/Conditioning coach Bill Hughan
1/3/2013- Jets sign DB/KR Cliff Harris

So let's get it started gentlemen. Any news I see I will update this post immediately and anytime you guys post info in here I will update it as well. This way we have on main spot to see exactly what is going on this offseason. I promise to keep this as updated as possible, mostly because I am very interested to see where this offseason is going to take us. Changes are coming, let's just hope it is for the best.[/u]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: