Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NEW FLAWLESS FIRST ROUNDER!!! 1/24/13
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: NEW FLAWLESS FIRST ROUNDER!!! 1/24/13 Reply with quote

No mock is flawless obviously, but NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION:

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel OT, Texas A&M
KC sticks with the franchise tackle to protect (Alex Smith? Second Rounder?) in the future.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Damontre Moore DE, Texas A&M
Jaguars need a DE as their leader in sacks was a DT who had 3.5 on the season. Moore is the best pass rusher in the draft and they cannot pass on that opportunity.

3. Oakland Raiders: Star Lotulelei DT, Utah
Raiders need help on their DL desperately, especially with Seymour set to be released, and by drafting Lotulelei he will provide pressure up the middle and make sure that Doug Martin never runs for 251 yards and 4 TDs again.

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Bjoern Werner DE, Florida State
Now that Babin is off the roster, the Eagles need another pass rusher to improve their defense that needs huge improvement.

5. Detroit Lions: Dee Milliner CB, Alabama
Lions need a corner very badly and grab their guy here.

6. Cleveland Browns: Jarvis Jones DE/OLB, Georgia
Now that the elite prospects of the draft are taken, the Browns can take a risk in drafting JonesÖ and just pray he stays healthy.

7. Arizona Cardinals: Geno Smith QB, West Virginia
Kolb and Skelton clearly arenít the answer at QB and they need to find a franchise QB who can get Fitz the ball.

8. Buffalo Bills: QB Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
Nassib needs to impress at the combine, but the Bills are most likely drafting a QB with their first pick, and Nassib could be a package deal with ex-Syracuse and new Bills head coach Doug Marone.

9. New York Jets: Chance Warmack OG, Alabama
I know itís a bit of a reach, but if Rex Ryan wants to keep his job and if they truly want to be a ground and pound team, look no further. Heís possibly the most NFL-ready prospect in the draft, a franchise player, and will greatly open lanes up for the running game and protect his former teammate Mcelroy. Oh, and the Jets love drafting Crimson Tide.

10. Tennessee Titans: Johnathan Hankins DT, Ohio State
Hankins is someone who clogs up the middle better than anyone else and will be key in improving the Titansí rush defense.

11. San Diego Chargers: Eric Fisher OT, Central Michigan
Chargers desperately need a tackle, and unfortunately Matthews and Lewan are returning to school, but Fisher has got to be the pick.

12. Miami Dolphins: Keenan Allen WR, Cal
Miami needs a WR more than anyone in the draft and select the best WR and future star in Allen.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
I think itís a good thing when a player draws comparisons to JPP. Ansah is a physical freak whoís still developing and has the tools to be a monster on that d-line.

14. Carolina Panthers: Cordarelle Patterson WR, Tennessee
Patterson is a very athletic, speedy wide out who will immediately be an impact for Carolinaís offense and give Cam a target besides Steve Smith.

15. New Orleans Saints: Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
Whether itís a tackle or end, New Orleans needs to find away to get to the QB if they want Spagsí defensive scheme to be effective. A DE is very possible, but I think they take Richardson who can be a force up the middle, while also improving their rush defense.

16. St. Louis Rams: DeAndre Hopkins WR, Clemson
Thereís arguably no more NFL-ready wide out in the draft than Torrey Smith.. I mean DeAndre Hopkins. Just ask LSU.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dion Jordan DE/OLB, Oregon
While the Steelers find ways to get pressure from their 3-4 OLBs, I think finding a pure pass rusher whoís able to explode off their line will further improve and bring youth their front-7.

18. Dallas Cowboys: Jesse Williams DT, Alabama
Dallas really needs to find another tackle to stop the run, especially now that theyíre switching to a 4-3. Williams is their guy.

19. New York Giants: Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida St
Jerry Reese always drafts BPA and this time itís also a position of great need. With Webster having a horrible year last year and both Thomas and Prince struggling to stay on the field, Rhodes, who is the second best CB in the draft IMO, will be a valuable and shutdown corner to play alongside Prince for years to come.

20. Chicago Bears: Barrett Jones OG/C Alabama
Itís time for the Bears to focus on their offensive line with their first pick. Jones is great at creating lanes, which will surely help Forte, and also give Cutler more time in the pocket.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Kevin Minter LB, LSU
Minter, who some argue will be the best LB in the draft, will further improve the Bengals defense and be an impact LB for the future.

22. St. Louis Rams (via Washington): Matt Elam S, Florida
By filling St Louis desperate need of an upgrade at safety, they become one step closer to becoming a playoff contending team.

23. Minnesota Vikings: Jonathon Banks CB, Mississippi State
Minnesota desperately needs a new corner and cannot keep relying on 35 year old injury-prone Winfield. Banks adds youth and new talent to their secondary that faces the Packers, Megatron, and Marshall all twice a year.

24 Indianapolis Colts: Kenny Vaccaro S, Texas
Colts need secondary help and draft Vaccaro who isnít as fast as Elam, but an athletic and versatile back who possesses terrific instincts.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Terrance Williams WR, Baylor
Russell Wilson really needs a dependable #1 WR and if they donít trade up to get one, they wait at 25 and pick the best available in a draft class of very talented wide receivers. Luckily for them, Williamsówho some argue is the best WR in the draftóis available here.

26. Green Bay Packers: Jonathan Cooper OG, North Carolina
Green Bay really needs to protect Rodgers better, especially since heís arguably the best QB in the league. Cooper is an excellent pass protector and will be the franchise guard to help protect Rodgers.

27. Houston Texans: Lane Johnson OT, Oklahoma
A prospect moving up boards quickly, so quick that he may even be considered a steal here. Some argue even a better prospect than Fisher. Has experience at both right and left tackle and Houston canít pass on this opportunity to fill a position of great need.

28. Denver Broncos: Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
Not necessarily a need pick, but Austin can be the Broncos what Welker is to the Patriots. His presence will make Denverís offense even that more explosive.

29. New England Patriots: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
The Patriots havenít won a Superbowl in nearly 10 years and if they want to maintain their high status, they need to find some new faces in the secondary.

30. Atlanta Falcons: Sam Montgomery DE, LSU
Atlanta finished bottom 5 in sacks this year and Abrahamís not getting any younger at age 35. Montgomery is pure 4-3 DE that will be able to generate pressure of the end.

31. San Francisco 49ers: Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee
4th in the league in rushing yards, 4th in opposing rushing yards, 4th in opposing passing yards, but 23rd in passing yards. Randy Moss isnít the longtime solution obviously, but Hunter, Randy Moss II? will be.

32. Baltimore Ravens: Alec Ogletree LB, Georgia
Ravens need to rebuild their defense after Rayís departure, and luckily Ogletree falls to them with the final pick of round one.

Questions/Comments/Concerns/Recommendations/Complaints/Love/Hate...

Last edited by jerseyboy257 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 8 times in total
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/24/13: Please ignore first few pages of comments, as most of these relate to picks that are no longer existent. Thanks.

Last edited by jerseyboy257 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What position does Manti play in Cleveland?

He's not starting over DQ

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

I know LB is not the #1 priority need, but I think a franchise LB will help the Browns out for years to come and Te'o is a special kind of talent; he does it all. The addition will give the Browns one of the best LB corps in the league for the next 5 years. I'm more than sure the Browns can find a way to put him into the lineup

Edit- JK he looked like a bear taking a dump against Alabama. Not going in top 10.

Last edited by jerseyboy257 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
canucks9314

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it for Seattle but the last time a qb didn't go top 5 was in 2000.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith aint getting past Chip Kelly and the Browns. And yes, Weeden is as good as gone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would rather Jordan or Banks for Dolphins but pick makes sense

^^^Kempes^^^
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

DQ can play WLB like he did in college.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about Dion in a 3-4. Gimme Elam.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with the Panthers pick.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like Ansah for the Lions, and I can nearly guarantee we won't be picking Milliner at #5. We don't draft for need, and Milliner is a reach. If we want Milliner, we are trading down. Also, if there's a guy like Geno on the board, we'll also try to trade down.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Bengals pick. Give us Ogletree over Hopkins

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I personally like Ansah for the Lions, and I can nearly guarantee we won't be picking Milliner at #5. We don't draft for need, and Milliner is a reach. If we want Milliner, we are trading down. Also, if there's a guy like Geno on the board, we'll also try to trade down.

Yea, this is an early version without trades though, I thought Milliner's a bit of a reach too and could see Lions doing both of those scenerios. But they also desperately need a corner

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Bad Bengals pick. Give us Ogletree over Hopkins
I know you're completely sold on Ogletree as every single mock you say bad pick unless it's him, but did you see Hopkins against arguably the best secondary in college football in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl? 13 Receptions for 191 yards and 2 TDs. He looks as NFL ready as any WR in the draft and I personally could see the Dolphins taking him at 12. He would make the Bengals offense that much more explosive AND young alongside A.J Green
D. Lawrence, J. Matthews, W. Richburg, J. Amaro, J. Attaochu, D. Adams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: