Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dalunatic16's Offseason Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think Hartline is going to sign for 4 mill your going to be very disappointed. He will be pursued heavily. If Welker does not re-sign with the pats I can see Hartline being the #1 target.

Reggie Bush signing for the same as Ben Jarvis Ellis?

Liverte is a lot better than 4.5 mill. That is what Urbik just got. Top guards are getting 9+. figure Liverte will be in line forat least 2/3rds of that not 1/2. he is the top Guard in FA this year.
PhinFan79

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few things I noticed..

1...seen looooooots of drafts with us taking Patterson at WR. Dont know the guy too well but from what I hear he will be making a Cam Newton type climb they think at the combine to be the top WR in the draft.

2... EJ Manuel and Landry Jones I think will be done waaaaaay earlier then what you think. EJ I think has a chance to go 2nd or 3rd.

Id be happy with that draft though! Id love to get Xavier Rhodes though at CB. HUGE play maker
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really nice draft. I saw it last night but was too tired to post.

Some things stood out to me though:

1. Richard Marshall, he played injured and has always been solid throughout his career. With our thinness at CB, he shouldn't be dumped, at worst he is a good number three or can be moved to FS.

2. Dimitri Patterson should be cut. He was brought in mid season on a large NON-guaranteed two year contract. That is the GM saying this is a one year thing and we are giving you two years just in case you pan out.

3. Sean Smith should be about 7-8M per year. At 10.5M he is making one million less than Revis. I understand that you tagged him but there is no need to tag him, only Long.

4. Jared Cook is NOT an elite TE. He is as average as Fasano and 4M is way too much.

5. Andy Levitre will demand around 7M, every team is after him.

Besides that, it's a very realistic draft and would love if it happened.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
If you think Hartline is going to sign for 4 mill your going to be very disappointed. He will be pursued heavily. If Welker does not re-sign with the pats I can see Hartline being the #1 target.

Liverte is a lot better than 4.5 mill. That is what Urbik just got. Top guards are getting 9+. figure Liverte will be in line forat least 2/3rds of that not 1/2. he is the top Guard in FA this year.

I compared hartline to brandon lloyd and jordy nelsons contract. We have to sign him before he hits the market.

Bush had a 2 yr 9 mil deal. He takes another 2 yr deal with a little paycut because he wants to stay in Miami.

You're right on Levitre. That was more of a guess. I'll say somewhere between Between Ben Grubbs and Logan Mankins so around 7.5 or 8 mil a year. Still in budget.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Marshall returns to health he is a solid NFL corner.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalunatic16 wrote:
patman wrote:

I compared hartline to brandon lloyd and jordy nelsons contract. We have to sign him before he hits the market.

Bush had a 2 yr 9 mil deal. He takes another 2 yr deal with a little paycut because he wants to stay in Miami.

You're right on Levitre. That was more of a guess. I'll say somewhere between Between Ben Grubbs and Logan Mankins so around 7.5 or 8 mil a year. Still in budget.

Hartline will be signed for about $4 million per season. He is going to be about the fifth best WR on the market and he is pretty limited. He hasn't made over a million in a single season in his career, he'll be just fine getting his pay tripled/quadrupled.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
patman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Dalunatic16 wrote:
patman wrote:

Hartline will be signed for about $4 million per season. He is going to be about the fifth best WR on the market and he is pretty limited. He hasn't made over a million in a single season in his career, he'll be just fine getting his pay tripled/quadrupled.

Robert Meacham got over 6 mill per year, who would you rather have?

If he is limited, who cares? You let him do what he does well.

Jordy Nelson signed one year early, so yes he has to give a discount. LLoyd only wanted to play for the Patriots.

You will hate seeing Brady pass to Hartline for the next 4 years like he passed to Welker over the last 4. What does him not making any money prior to next year got to do with his desire to max out his next contract?

Why will Bush take a pay cut, The dolphins have the cap room. Guys take pay cuts when the team is cash strapped, but telling your starting rb he is getting a pay cut although we have 40 mill to spend, is going to change his mind about feeling good about Miami.

There is no free agent rb that is close to Bush. Shon Greene? How do you think he would look in Atlanta in that dome? Turner is about done but still get paid more than what you want to play Bush.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyd and Meachem are worth more money than Hartline, at least when they signed their deals. Hartline is a good player to have on your team, but not one that is going to score you points. His value is between the 20 yard lines. Get him in the red zone? Forget about it. Meachem and Lloyd are down the field threats and score touchdowns. Forget Meachem this year because he was signed last year.

Brian Hartline will get a deal that gets him $4-5 million a season. If he comes back to Miami it will be about $4 million, elsewhere it MIGHT be worth more. I doubt the Pats make a push for Hartline. Only way they do is if they lose Welker (doubt they do) and even then Hartline isn't a slot guy.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
patman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Lloyd and Meachem are worth more money than Hartline, at least when they signed their deals. Hartline is a good player to have on your team, but not one that is going to score you points. His value is between the 20 yard lines. Get him in the red zone? Forget about it. Meachem and Lloyd are down the field threats and score touchdowns. Forget Meachem this year because he was signed last year.

Brian Hartline will get a deal that gets him $4-5 million a season. If he comes back to Miami it will be about $4 million, elsewhere it MIGHT be worth more. I doubt the Pats make a push for Hartline. Only way they do is if they lose Welker (doubt they do) and even then Hartline isn't a slot guy.

no Hartline will take the place of Branch. Endleman and hernandez will run the 5yd curls. i think welker is gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: