Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

my opinion/mock on the offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huddle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: my opinion/mock on the offseason Reply with quote

Sign:
G.Jennings
A.Levitre
D.Keller

re-sign:
R.Starks
R.Bush
B.Hartline
S.Smith

Please please please improve the offensive line. There wasn't a clean pocket for Tannehill all year and no real push in the running game (couldnt run the ball against the Colts, which is embarrassing).

If they dont improve the offensive line, I dont think anything else is going to matter. It could sink the whole team.

Draft:

1.Rd: trade back to 23-26 Jonathan Cooper OG

Cooper is a smooth, coordinated athlete with fluid footwork and outstanding balance, blocking well on the move and constantly getting to the second level. Cooper is an extremely effortless mover with explosive quickness in tight quarters.

2a. Rd : Jordan Poyer CB

Athletic, physical and possessing the ball skills to make opposing quarterbacks pay for testing him. Poyer is tied for second in the nation with 7 INT this season.

2b. Rd : Quinton Patton WR (i love this guy very underrated)

I feel like (Quinton Patton) from Louisiana Tech is the best receiver I've played against since I've been here. I've gone against some good ones in the SEC, too, but he's probably the most complete.
Mississippi State CB Jonathan Banks

Patton caught 104 passes for 1,392 yards and 13 touchdowns in 12 games this season. He finished the year averaging 13.4 yards per catch and 116.0 yards per game, ranking fourth in the nation in receiving yards per game and fifth in the nation in receptions per game. Patton was also fifth in the nation in touchdowns scored among wide receivers.

He has a great feel in coverage, both before the catch to gain some seperation and after the reception to create with the ball in his hands. Patton has quick feet, vision and acceleration to elude defenders and weave through the secondary. He tracks the ball extremely well with very good balance and coordination, quickly turning upfield in the same motion as the catch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOC2hKV7iM

2c. Rd : Lane Johnson OT

Johnson looks the part (6-6, 303) and has long arms to extend and meet the rusher at the point of attack while staying patient in his stance.

Johnson does a nice job contorting his frame to keep rushers in front of him, selling out for the block and playing with a mean streak.

3.Rd move up for Brandon Jenkins DE

RB : Bush, Miller, Thomas
QB: Tannehill
WR(1): Jennings
WR(2): Patton
Slot WR: Hartline, Bess
TE: Keller, Clay

LT: Martin
LG: Levitre
C: Pouncey
RG: Cooper
RT: Johnson

for me this is a very very good offense for our Miami team. Our O-line is more a zone blocking and can give Tannehill more time to throw to our weapons on offense.

RE: Wake, Vernon
DT: Soliai
DT: Starks
LE: Odrick, Jenkins

OLB: Misi
MLB: Dansby
OLB: Burnett

CB (1): Smith
CB (2): Poyer
nickel CB: Patterson

FS: Marshall
SS: Jones

very good defense with more pass rush with Brandon Jenkins and more ball hawking with Poyer, Patterson at CB and Marshall at FS.

What you think about my offseason ?

Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! On three!!! One...two...three... LETS RIDE

The Love comes from Karlsruhe (Germany) to Miami for the greatest football team ever !!!
mountainpd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im Very high on Patton and like the pick ups of Jenkins, Johnson and Pryor.

Interesting trade down in the 1st.

There is quite a few free agency targets who I would be happy for us to pursue but you have certainly picked 3 which would be on the list.

^^^Kempes^^^
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huddle, do you play corner?

anyway, nice picks, im not sold on holding patterson with his contract
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaiowas05 wrote:
Huddle, do you play corner?
anyway, nice picks, im not sold on holding patterson with his contract

When I first read it I was gonna ask him the same question. Then I realized he was quoting CB Johnthan Banks from Mississippi State, Lol. If what he says is true then Patton sounds like a good option at WR.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't explain it ... but i love this offseason. I love it like a letter from a girl who I thought was outta my league. I disagree with very minor aspects but .... hmmm this is weird. I'm on board.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Dalunatic16

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like this offseason if it happened.

Ireland most likely will make at least one draft day trade. I hope it is trading down to pick up a later 1st and another 2nd. I don't if we have to move up to get Jenkins though. If we have to, im all for it.
skatewood2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secretary: Mr. Ireland, I finally got ahold of who you wanted to talk to.
Mr. Ireland: You found "Huddle"? Thank you GOD, put him right thru.

Mr. Ireland: I have a plane on the runway gassed up and ready to pick you up from wherever you live. I have an apartment just minutes from our facility and will double your proposed salary for the next six months if you promise to come down here and help me make your vision for this team come true. What do you say?

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
Secretary: Mr. Ireland, I finally got ahold of who you wanted to talk to.
Mr. Ireland: You found "Huddle"? Thank you GOD, put him right thru.

Mr. Ireland: I have a plane on the runway gassed up and ready to pick you up from wherever you live. I have an apartment just minutes from our facility and will double your proposed salary for the next six months if you promise to come down here and help me make your vision for this team come true. What do you say?

and if JI's reading is as lazy as my own, to play corner too!
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
pope137

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tired of worrying about the oline this would solve it for easily the next 3 years. If this mock happened. I would be estatic. Like beyond estatic. Feels every need. The saftey postion would concern me though
phins72

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Keller even bock? If he can't then why get him just stick with Egnew isn't that the reason he isn't starting?
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will support any off-season that addresses the Offensive line....improve the run blocking and the run game becomes instantly better.....improve the pass protection and the passing game is improved. Pouncey is one of the best players at his position while working with walking turds on either side of him....imagine how much better he will be with a talent upgrade to the guards. Kudos to the off-season - Upgrade to the o-line, upgrade the receiving core and improve the defensive backfield. To many the Draft won't seem sexy, but it is what the Dolphins need.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on board. This and Dolphinologist is the best mock off seasons to me. I love the veteran signings and yet they are youthful enough to help us for a few years. You drafted OL to help fix this OL. You didn't reach in the first and you got us a young playmaker.

I have been screaming for BPA in the 1st round but I am all for trading down to accumulate more picks and to keep from reaching as well. Overall good off season and good for the future of the team.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: