Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks lodge formal complaint to NFL re: FedEx Field
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP
Clemons
RGIII

Why are people criticizing the Seahawks here?

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
joru1000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think grass should be replaced because it doesn't suit this style of NFL anymore and it almost nullifies the abilities of the very athletic players. A hybrid would be cool, but some of the artificial turf being manufactured these days is very well engineered. It's sucks for the fans to come out and pay $250 for a ticket in the damper, colder months only to see their favorite players slipping around in muddy grass, or twisting ankles in divots. If they wanted to see that they could watch a junior high team.
gibbons

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
I wish the NFL would mandate that cold weather outdoor stadiums switch to some type of synthetic surface. Chicago's is usually god awful after Halloween.

Please no. Chicago's field looked perfect in every game this season, even after the Houston monsoon game.

was soldier field the one where a big bolt was sticking out of the turf maybe two seasons ago, and the game was stopped after it was found to make sure nothing else like that was on the field?
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
AP
Clemons
RGIII

Seriously - why do people keep repeating that AP and RG3's knees were hurt due to the field.

RG3 -> RG3's knee was hurt by Ngata in the Ravens game and never healed right. He re-aggravated it on a roll out but at no time did his leg get stuck. The final injury inside the 5 was due to a low snap and him having to bend down t oget the ball. His leg bent awkwardly because the ligaments were already screwed up.

AP -> I'll say this for the umpteenth time now. AP DID NOT GET HIS KNEE SCREWED UP DUE TO THE TURF!!! He was running and Dejon Gomes went to tackle him. It was an unlucky hit where Gomes' helmet hit the exact spot on the side of the knee that would tear the ACL. Had the grass not been on the field and AP's foot gripping the ground more, the injury could've been worse.

Clemons? Yeah, that one is probably on the field. So you're 1 for 3 here.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
AP
Clemons
RGIII

Seriously - why do people keep repeating that AP and RG3's knees were hurt due to the field.

RG3 -> RG3's knee was hurt by Ngata in the Ravens game and never healed right. He re-aggravated it on a roll out but at no time did his leg get stuck. The final injury inside the 5 was due to a low snap and him having to bend down t oget the ball. His leg bent awkwardly because the ligaments were already screwed up.

AP -> I'll say this for the umpteenth time now. AP DID NOT GET HIS KNEE SCREWED UP DUE TO THE TURF!!! He was running and Dejon Gomes went to tackle him. It was an unlucky hit where Gomes' shoulderpad hit the exact spot on the side of the knee that would tear the ACL. Had the grass not been on the field and AP's foot gripping the ground more, the injury could've been worse.

RG3 reinjured himself on that turf.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gibbons wrote:
raq11 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
I wish the NFL would mandate that cold weather outdoor stadiums switch to some type of synthetic surface. Chicago's is usually god awful after Halloween.

Please no. Chicago's field looked perfect in every game this season, even after the Houston monsoon game.

was soldier field the one where a big bolt was sticking out of the turf maybe two seasons ago, and the game was stopped after it was found to make sure nothing else like that was on the field?
I don't believe so, but we had to cancel family day in AUGUST last year b/c the field was coming apart at the seams b/c somebody forgot to turn on the damn sprinklers. No joke

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/grizzly-detail/chicago-bears-family-night-126863863.html

For years it was assumed that the Park District which owns and operates Soldier Field was balking at the price to replace the natural grass surface w/ a synthetic one. Last year the CPD publicly stated they were willing to change the surface if that's what the Bears (their primary leasee) wanted. The Bears over the years have continued to site an outdated study which showed that artificial surfaces resulted in more injuries than natural grass surfaces. And this is the reason they have refused to change.

As I said earlier, Soldier Field is no longer deserving of "the worst field in the NFL" moniker it held for a long time thanks to some outstanding work by the new groundscrew and General Manager Tim LeFevour, but its also still used by far too many teams especially in November and is a poor surface for 2 months of the year.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, soldier field did have a metal item sticking out of the ground. Don't remember what it was. Think that was just last year or two years ago.

Edit: Yep, just looked it up. A small metal spike that kind of looks like a nail was sticking up out of the ground.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4672271/soldier-field-turf-draws-minor-timeout

Last edited by ThinkICare on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
AP
Clemons
RGIII

AP -> I'll say this for the umpteenth time now. AP DID NOT GET HIS KNEE SCREWED UP DUE TO THE TURF!!! He was running and Dejon Gomes went to tackle him. It was an unlucky hit where Gomes' shoulderpad hit the exact spot on the side of the knee that would tear the ACL. Had the grass not been on the field and AP's foot gripping the ground more, the injury could've been worse.

RG3 reinjured himself on that turf.

No. The ligaments were already screwed up. Having a turf with more grip would've just meant him screwing it up faster. Grass gives more. The turf wasn't really the problem with RG3's knee. I'm really not going to get into physiology and anatomy here on this site. Suffice to say, it was already done for and the condition of the turf had very little to do with the "re-injury". RG3? No (already screwed up). AP? No (Gomes hit did it). Clemons? Yeah.

Still - I agree with the Seahawks in that the field needed to be better maintained. Danny needs to start thinking that his team could be hosting more playoff games in the future and not allowing the field to go to pot in the last 4 weeks.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
Yeah, soldier field did have a metal item sticking out of the ground. Don't remember what it was. Think that was just last year or two years ago.

Edit: Yep, just looked it up. A small metal spike that kind of looks like a nail was sticking up out of the ground.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4672271/soldier-field-turf-draws-minor-timeout
Now I remember, the staple incident, thanks for reminding me. It's a joke that the NFL continues to allow that surface.

Again this is nothing against Tim LeFevour and his staff, they have done an excellent job of maintaining that field to the best of their ability, but at some point the McCaskey's need to move into the 21st century and realize that natural grass in a cold weather environment is not the best option.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
SFPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they do something about it but they probably won't. Belichick went off on Reliant field after Welker tore his ACL but I don't think anything happened.
http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Coach-blasts-terrible-Reliant-field-after-1704223.php
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
AP
Clemons
RGIII

Kory Lichtensteiger

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BlueOne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Isn't this like the 10th time the Seahawks wanted the NFL to review something this season? I find that ironic considering how they run fake punts on incompetent opponents when up 75-0, and how they question their class moves late in the games.

What? What else have the seahawks complained about? As a Hawks fan I can't think of one other incident so I doubt there are 10... Also, the second half of your argument is entirely unrelated to your first half...

Last edited by BlueOne on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Everyone should do what Green Bay does. A hybrid.

This. We all remember "the beach." We haven't had a problem or a complaint as far as I know since installing the new field. I don't know why all outdoor stadiums don't do this.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
BlueOne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Everyone should do what Green Bay does. A hybrid.

This. We all remember "the beach." We haven't had a problem or a complaint as far as I know since installing the new field. I don't know why all outdoor stadiums don't do this.

There are only two reasons. 1. Money. 2. Some teams like it. If you have something unique about your homefield that your team is used to or good with then you get a bigger advantage at home. Wasn't that Washington's coach's answer when asked about the field? Well Alfred Morris likes it essentially? If my team likes my field and nobody else does then the last thing I'm going to do is change it.
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
AP
Clemons
RGIII

Kory Lichtensteiger

Was taken out by a dirty hit from the Eagles, but okay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: