Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Doug Marrone to coach Buffalo Bills
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10269
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
He said today that his coordinators will have "extensive NFL experience." Can we start the Lovie for DC campaign?

Quote:
@RichCimini: Confirmed that Bills have requested permission from Jets to speak with DC Mike Pettine for same position, as reported by @footballscoop.
As, a Jets fan how do you feel about Pettine? Also, do you think he would jump from NY?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 43612
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Mike would be blacklisted.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26311
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
green24 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
He said today that his coordinators will have "extensive NFL experience." Can we start the Lovie for DC campaign?

Quote:
@RichCimini: Confirmed that Bills have requested permission from Jets to speak with DC Mike Pettine for same position, as reported by @footballscoop.
As, a Jets fan how do you feel about Pettine? Also, do you think he would jump from NY?


Pettine leaked info to the media. Dude is a rat.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26311
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Here is a good article from PFT.

Quote:
Now with former Saints offensive coordinator Doug Marrone, who worked for the Saints from 2006 through 2008, running the show in Buffalo, Marrone could be trying to make a run at Carmichael.


Marrone trying to get Carmichael?

Not sure if I see it happening but it would be really cool if we could get Carmichael from NO. But theres this QB named Brees who is pretty good there i think, so I dont see him leaving.


I don't see why Carmichael would leave. It'd be a major step down.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
green24 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
He said today that his coordinators will have "extensive NFL experience." Can we start the Lovie for DC campaign?

Quote:
@RichCimini: Confirmed that Bills have requested permission from Jets to speak with DC Mike Pettine for same position, as reported by @footballscoop.
As, a Jets fan how do you feel about Pettine? Also, do you think he would jump from NY?

Hard to really tell, but I don't think he was that bad. The defense was obviously great under him, although a lot of that probably has to do with Rex. I think he wants to get out from under Rex's shadow.

Just make sure he doesn't bring Manish Mehta with him to Buffalo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18403
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Here is a good article from PFT.

Quote:
Now with former Saints offensive coordinator Doug Marrone, who worked for the Saints from 2006 through 2008, running the show in Buffalo, Marrone could be trying to make a run at Carmichael.


Marrone trying to get Carmichael?

Not sure if I see it happening but it would be really cool if we could get Carmichael from NO. But theres this QB named Brees who is pretty good there i think, so I dont see him leaving.


I don't see why Carmichael would leave. It'd be a major step down.
If he cant get a new contract with the Saints then what does he do?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsnydes


Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Posts: 1649
Location: Bethlehem PA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi
League source tells me #Browns never got 2nd interview w/ Doug Marrone but wanted it badly. Haslam was prepared to hire him post-Kelly.

_________________


TommyC376^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10269
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Add Mel Tucker's name to the list of DC candidates.

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
Bills have been granted permission to interview Jags coordinator Mel Tucker for their DC position. Jets Mike Pettine also a candidate


Buffalo eyeing Tucker

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18403
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Quote:
Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi
League source tells me #Browns never got 2nd interview w/ Doug Marrone but wanted it badly. Haslam was prepared to hire him post-Kelly.
Lol Cleveland. That is what happens when you go for the big move and fail.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10269
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
Quote:
Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi
League source tells me #Browns never got 2nd interview w/ Doug Marrone but wanted it badly. Haslam was prepared to hire him post-Kelly.
Lol Cleveland. That is what happens when you go for the big move and fail.
Looks like they have turned their attention to Jon Gruden. I dont know how that move will work out. I just hope they dont lose out on more HC candidates by trying to hit grand slams with these huge named guys.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsnydes


Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Posts: 1649
Location: Bethlehem PA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
Quote:
Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi
League source tells me #Browns never got 2nd interview w/ Doug Marrone but wanted it badly. Haslam was prepared to hire him post-Kelly.
Lol Cleveland. That is what happens when you go for the big move and fail.


Prom Queen didn't show up for the prom Laughing
_________________


TommyC376^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Gene


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
Quote:
Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi
League source tells me #Browns never got 2nd interview w/ Doug Marrone but wanted it badly. Haslam was prepared to hire him post-Kelly.
Lol Cleveland. That is what happens when you go for the big move and fail.
Looks like they have turned their attention to Jon Gruden. I dont know how that move will work out. I just hope they dont lose out on more HC candidates by trying to hit grand slams with these huge named guys.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/source-jon-gruden-isnt-on-clevelands-radar-screen/

Nah, it was just a jerkwad local writer speculating, anyway. It wasn't an actual thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7759
Location: DC via ATL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do hope that Maronne is able to turn the Bills around.. nog having talent is not an excuse because that Bills team does have a lot of talent and skill on their roster. I always enjoy seeing teams that have been terrible for years able to turn it around for the best.. as well as myself personally being a big fan of a couple of players they have up there.. and i would love to see the Bills being a better team in the AFC East than the Jets. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10269
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
I really do hope that Maronne is able to turn the Bills around.. nog having talent is not an excuse because that Bills team does have a lot of talent and skill on their roster. I always enjoy seeing teams that have been terrible for years able to turn it around for the best.. as well as myself personally being a big fan of a couple of players they have up there.. and i would love to see the Bills being a better team in the AFC East than the Jets. Laughing
Lol you and everyone in Buffalo!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3382
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
coors wrote:
I really do hope that Maronne is able to turn the Bills around.. nog having talent is not an excuse because that Bills team does have a lot of talent and skill on their roster. I always enjoy seeing teams that have been terrible for years able to turn it around for the best.. as well as myself personally being a big fan of a couple of players they have up there.. and i would love to see the Bills being a better team in the AFC East than the Jets. Laughing
Lol you and everyone in Buffalo!!



and Canada, Toronto.
_________________

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group