Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks lodge formal complaint to NFL re: FedEx Field
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hat Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
The Redskins had to play on the same field, yet, the Seahawks won the game, and they're still complaining? I could understand if they lost, but they won. What a bunch of softies.

Wait, so they shouldn't bring up a serious health hazard simply because they won? Seriously?

A serious health hazard? You make it sound like guys working in a coal mine. Calling a rough/poor playing surface a serious health hazard, is an insult to the real serious health hazards of the world.

In addition, NFL officials were on hand to approve the playing surface as they do before every playoff game. I guess the NFL officials gave the green light to that "serious health hazard".

Serious may be going a bit overboard, but this is something that can affect players careers and is easily fixable with some investment. I actuality it is serious, anything that can remove a worker from his workplace for such an extended amount of time (6+ months) is serious.

I couldn't imagine how bad the field would have to look for them to seriously consider postponing a playoff game.

"I actuality it is serious, anything that can remove a worker from his workplace for such an extended amount of time (6+ months) is serious."

Therefore, anytime it rains during a game, and causes a playing surface to become slick, especially on turf, would that too be considered as serious? Someone could easily twist their ankle on a wet playing surface and that could cause them to miss a long length of playing time.

The same when it snows during a game. Correct?

The difference is the field can be improved.

I agree, and it should have been improved, but again, the NFL officials gave the playing surface the green light.
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat Man wrote:
I agree, and it should have been improved, but again, the NFL officials gave the playing surface the green light.

Of course they did, its an NFL playoff game. I couldn't imagine how bad the field would have to look for them to postpone a game. The last time I remember a game being postponed was during Katrina IIRC.

But as long as you agree it should be improved...thats why its being brought up, so something is done for future games.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

Of course they did, its an NFL playoff game. I couldn't imagine how bad the field would have to look for them to postpone a game. The last time I remember a game being postponed was during Katrina IIRC.

But as long as you agree it should be improved...thats why its being brought up, so something is done for future games.
Metrodome collapse, 2010.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

Metrodome collapse, 2010.

Ah, Almost forgot about that one. Either way EXTREME circumstances seems to be the only time.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently some think they might have been piping in crown noise as well..
link

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
bill21792

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video of the field from Michael Robinson

http://telly.com/01N9CG
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snyder is cheap and the complaint in regards to player safety is legitimate.
Do something about that field.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Apparently some think they might have been piping in crown noise as well..
link

This is nothing new though. I bet you 90% if not 100% of teams do it.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
coors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While watching the game, my father and I kept saying how badly the field looked. We all know Danny Snyder has enough money to fix that, by either switching to the grassy turf stuff that a lot of football fields use, or even what other teams do with their natural grass.. it seems like they somehow weave the real grass with some synthetic grass that makes the field more stable. I'm not exactly what the Seahawks want out of this.. especially after thru won.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Good something should be done! The field has been in crappy shape in DC for at least one month, if not two. It's a shame because I believe were are the #2 franchise as far as what we are worth in the league, and what 4th world wide? And we can't get a quality field for our players to play on?

That falls squarely on your owners inability to open up his check book. If Snider wasn't so cheap and actually cared about his players this never occurs. However now that the Franchise RGIII has gone down I guarantee before he sets foot on that field again it's fixed. It won't be 2013 because in his eye's probably "hey it's only Kirk" but by 2014 it will be watch. Rolling Eyes

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 14 Gm/ 78 Rec/ 1207 Yds/ 10 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
Gene

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need to get off of the money thing. It has nothing to do with that. The Chicago Park District, which is responsible for the upkeep of Soldier Field, WANTS to replace the natural grass surface because grassmaster and turf are both cheaper when you take into account upkeep and the continual re-sodding done to make the field playable in winter.

The McCaskeys won't let them because a study done about 3 million years ago said that the ratio of all football ligament tears was something like 52% on turf and 48% on grass. So they say "OMG TURF INJURES PLAYERZZZZ."

I'm sure it's the same thing for Snyder.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Isn't this like the 10th time the Seahawks wanted the NFL to review something this season? I find that ironic considering how they run fake punts on incompetent opponents when up 75-0, and how they question their class moves late in the games.

What in the hell are you even talking about. I'd like to know, because i'd hate to be outside the know

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I was going to say that Carroll is being a pansy...but then I saw Robinson's video and the Seahawks actually have a point...but Carroll is still a jerk and I hate him...just for other reasons. Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
mco65

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have the Redskins been playing on this field? I know this stadium is fairly new. What did old RFK look like in Dec/Jan? I don't recall much ado about the field conditions back in the 80s when the Redskins were playing at home in Dec/Jan.. ??

If the NFL decides to do something then they need to set down a mandate that All fields must meet and not just point out the Redskins field.
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this improves player safety then I'm all for it, no need for players to get injured due to carelessness.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: