Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks lodge formal complaint to NFL re: FedEx Field
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seahawk719

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Isn't this like the 10th time the Seahawks wanted the NFL to review something this season? I find that ironic considering how they run fake punts on incompetent opponents when up 75-0, and how they question their class moves late in the games.

lol a patriots fan complaining about teams running up the score. Too funny
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawk719 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
Isn't this like the 10th time the Seahawks wanted the NFL to review something this season? I find that ironic considering how they run fake punts on incompetent opponents when up 75-0, and how they question their class moves late in the games.

Is he wrong?

No

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Seahawk719 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

Is he wrong?

No
Is he wrong?

Yes

It was 42-17. not 75-0. If only it was. That'd really get you guys going.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Seahawk719 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

Is he wrong?

No
Is he wrong?

Yes

I'm not talking about the score, i'm talking about the Hawks crying to the league about something. Especially after the farse Packer ending and Sherman getting overturned due to a technicality.

SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Seahawk719 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

Is he wrong?

No
Is he wrong?

Yes

I'm not talking about the score, i'm talking about the Hawks crying to the league about something. Especially after the farse Packer ending and Sherman getting overturned due to a technicality.
Oh please. Because things went Seattle's way means they can't complain about something that everyone else in the league is saying too? That's lousy.

So if the call was reversed that day against the Packers you'd have no problem with them complaining about the field? Or is it the cocky corner, bully/thug other corner, and crazy coach that's grinding your gears?

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Seahawk719 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

Is he wrong?

No
Is he wrong?

Yes

Oh please. Because things went Seattle's way means they can't complain about something that everyone else in the league is saying too? That's lousy.

So if the call was reversed that day against the Packers you'd have no problem with them complaining about the field? Or is it the cocky corner, bully/thug other corner, and crazy coach that's grinding your gears?

It's ironic because there have been what, 8 other games played this year and no one else complained.

I don't have anything against the Hawks, my biggest gripe was having it called out as ironic that it was said by a Pats fan.

SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
It's ironic because there have been what, 8 other games played this year and no one else complained.

I don't have anything against the Hawks, my biggest gripe was having it called out as ironic that it was said by a Pats fan.
It hadn't gotten bad till late in the season. Washington played at home on the 9th of December and then again on the 30th against the Cowboy's. The turf looked bad that game and worse against Seattle.

Why did that bug you? Patriot fans talking about a team running up a score is ironic. Is it not?

BlueOne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Seahawk719 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

Is he wrong?

No
Is he wrong?

Yes

This "technicality" thing is [inappropriate/removed]. Sherman's suspension was overturned because he was never proven guilty. This isn't a, "well we beat him with a stick after arresting him so lets not charge him anymore" situation. This is a "the nfl couldn't prove its case" situation. And the nfl couldn't even prove its case in a guilty until proven innocent system.

Go read the judge's opinion. The lab tech lied on the stand repeatedly and more than that, he failed to follow procedure and have a second tech do the second test as required. Meaning, the lying tech was the only person involved to testify. This is why Sherman won.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Seahawk719 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

Is he wrong?

No
Is he wrong?

Yes

no one crowd to the league. Carol answered a question and said the field sucked. The league took it as a formal complaint. Read a little before you start whining.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
I really think the field needs to be improved though, for player safety. If the NFL truly has safety as one of their #1 priorities, they will force the Skins to improve the conditions of the field.

Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The complaint is legitimate and 100% warranted.

This is not an issue of competitive advantage.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
waremd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:

Agreed 100%, Carroll is bringing his classless self-professed attitude to Seattle and making them a dirty and complaint-riddled team. If things don't go right they have to cry and then their players have to do PEDs to get the upper hand, but don't try to call them on it, they'll pull the Braun card.

I am sure the field was reviewed and approved before they even took the field on Sunday, just something else for Carroll to whine about.

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

In the initial statement - it IS ironic because the Pats did the same thing about the turf at Reliant Stadium, following the knee buckle and subsequent ACL/MCL tear of WR Wes Welker.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol at people who think the complaint is 100% legit because the Seahawks won, or something like that. It IS 100% legit. You could see players slipping and falling down all freaking night and eventually it was the turf that was the final straw to RGIII's season this year.

Bottom line - multi-million dollar stadiums shouldn't have grass fields that lookk they were imported from a 3rd world country, which is EXACTLY what FedEx looked like last weekend. Furthermore, with the "emphasis" on player safety that the NFL has taken, why do they allow such poor field conditions, which OBVIOUSLY have an effect on players (Clemons, RGIII, Wes Welker, etc.) and can lead to knee injuries and career-threatening injuries? If this field met the standards, the standards need to be improved.

I guess at this point in the season, people just love to hate the Seahawks for anything they do.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: