Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kempes' and FF comrades World Soccer Scouting Reports.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kempes


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 11731
Location: England
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
I'm tempted to try one when I get back from walking the dog. It'll probably be really rough, but i don't curr.


Go for it man. If you're planning on doing some US players, that'd be cool. I don't watch the MLS so you'd be helping me out if anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 19020
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
I'm tempted to try one when I get back from walking the dog. It'll probably be really rough, but i don't curr.


Go for it man. If you're planning on doing some US players, that'd be cool. I don't watch the MLS so you'd be helping me out if anyone.


nah. Don't watch the MLS either.
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 19020
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean Marie Dongou Tsafack



Age: 17
Position: Striker
Club: Barcelona B
Nationality: Cameroon

The spirit of Samuel Eto'o lives on at Barcelona. That's the simplest way to describe Dongou. He came to Barcelona through the Samuel Eto'o Foundation and has not looked back since. He's a true 9. He reminds me so much of Eto'o when I see highlights. He's quick a natural goal scorer, strong as hell for his age, is good at getting into goal-scoring positions, has a powerful shot, but most importantly, he knows when to lay it off to a teammate instead of taking the shot himself. He's playing with Barca B now, but he's still raw. He's the perfect example of what I've been clamoring for at Barca for a long time now: just an out and out striker.

Dongou vs Celtic U19
Highlights

I was originally going to do Gerard Deulofeu, but I decided to go with someone I'd be surprised if most fo you have heard of tbh. That, and Sergi Samper didn't have any good highlights on youtube lol
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mando323


Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 7102
Location: When you lose the chase where you're dragged against your will From a Basement on a Hill
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long till you can expect Tsafack to get any playing time at Barca? Nice write , as well.

It's a bit funny seeing some of the names in this thread. Hindsight is 20/20 Laughing but seeing Hendo and stuff is still good for a laugh.

Edit: damn typos.
_________________


Last edited by Mando323 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kempes


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 11731
Location: England
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Jean Marie Dongou Tsafack



Age: 17
Position: Striker
Club: Barcelona B
Nationality: Cameroon

The spirit of Samuel Eto'o lives on at Barcelona. That's the simplest way to describe Dongou. He came to Barcelona through the Samuel Eto'o Foundation and has not looked back since. He's a true 9. He reminds me so much of Eto'o when I see highlights. He's quick a natural goal scorer, strong as hell for his age, is good at getting into goal-scoring positions, has a powerful shot, but most importantly, he knows when to lay it off to a teammate instead of taking the shot himself. He's playing with Barca B now, but he's still raw. He's the perfect example of what I've been clamoring for at Barca for a long time now: just an out and out striker.

Dongou vs Celtic U19
Highlights

I was originally going to do Gerard Deulofeu, but I decided to go with someone I'd be surprised if most fo you have heard of tbh. That, and Sergi Samper didn't have any good highlights on youtube lol


Nice choice, I like Dongou. You'd imagine him to be very raw and rely on his physical ability but from what I've seen of him he has good composure. I suppose that's a given if you are part of La Masia.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kempes


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 11731
Location: England
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mando323 wrote:
How long till you can expect Tsafack to get any playing time at Barca? Nice write to, as well.

It's a bit funny seeing some of the names in this thread hindsight is 20/20 Laughing but seeing Hendo and stuff is still good for a laugh.


Oi, what about all the ones I got right?! Laughing

I'll never live down the Henderson one..... although he's still only young, still time, still time people.... Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dotmotion


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 11856
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henderson is just hindered by his price tag. Think that when Henderson saw that he might have been sold last summer it lit a fire under him. Looking at Kempes report, I think he will never have the creativity and flair seen under the prime years of Cole but he is showing the maturity and intelligence of a Carrick. His work rate and pressing has been crucial to whenever he plays which we all know is key for Rodgers. He is great in the short passes and trying to dictate tempo which once again we see is key is Rodgers system. He has been given game time with Allen needing rest and has looked even better than him lately. Give him time. He will become a quality CM in the PL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 15867
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subs to this again.
_________________

Adopt-A-Duck
Byron Marshall: 168 carries, 1038 yds, 14TDs, 13 rec, 155 yds
Thomas Tyner: 115 carries, 711 yds, 9TDs, 14 rec, 124 yds
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: 84 tackles, 9 PD, 3 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Kempes


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 11731
Location: England
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
Henderson is just hindered by his price tag. Think that when Henderson saw that he might have been sold last summer it lit a fire under him. Looking at Kempes report, I think he will never have the creativity and flair seen under the prime years of Cole but he is showing the maturity and intelligence of a Carrick. His work rate and pressing has been crucial to whenever he plays which we all know is key for Rodgers. He is great in the short passes and trying to dictate tempo which once again we see is key is Rodgers system. He has been given game time with Allen needing rest and has looked even better than him lately. Give him time. He will become a quality CM in the PL.


He's definitely become more reserved since he joined Liverpool. When he was on loan at Coventry a few years ago, he was literally a flying winger who would use pace and trickery to beat players.

Since he joined Liverpool, he just seems to float around the center of the park not taking many risks. You have to have a certain mentality to be a regular in CM at Liverpool, only special players will be able to handle the pressure of that. I think he might be a little fragile but only time will cure that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 19020
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mando323 wrote:
How long till you can expect Tsafack to get any playing time at Barca? Nice write , as well.

It's a bit funny seeing some of the names in this thread. Hindsight is 20/20 Laughing but seeing Hendo and stuff is still good for a laugh.

Edit: damn typos.


Dongou is really raw. I'd honestly compare him to a more technically sound, shorter [some have him at 5'7,so me at 6'0...I have no idea really lol] Lukaku. He's a couple years away at least. I'd expect him to be getting consistent in the 1st team around 21-22 personally. He's struggled since coming to Barca B, 25 appearances and only 2 goals, but I think that's because of how raw he is still. He certainly has a LOT of potential.

Kempes, yeah. He definitely used his strength to his advantage in the youth squads, but he is composed on the ball, with decent moves too might I add, and has pretty good decision making skills as well [like in the Celtic highlight, he passed up a couple iffy long shots you could tell he wanted to take, instead passing it to an open player]

For what it's worth, Only Messi rose through the youth squads faster than Dongou afaik. Dongou went from Cadet B to Juvenil A, skipping Cadet A and Juvenil B. Messi played in 5 different levels of Barcelona's youth in one year lol
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kempes


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 11731
Location: England
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Wanyama



Age: 21
Position: CDM/CM
Club: Celtic
Nationality: Kenyan


Celtic paid 900,000 for this guy in 2011. I'd say he's more than slipped another zero on the end of that fee, should he leave Celtic in the Summer. Wanyama is a destroyer who is equally as elegant. Think rocket launcher with a whole load of fancy settings. I've seen him play many times and he's as consistent as you can possibly be. When you initially see Wanyama in the centre of the field, you inevitably think he must be some sort of ball winning workhorse who doesn't have much technical ability. You'd be surprised (like I was). I don't see any weaknesses in his game as a Midfielder. He's strong, athletic, composed and plays with passion. If I had to compare him to a player, I'd say he's similar to Alex Song. A combative midfielder who has the ability to play aswell. There's no doubt he's too good for the SPL. If you saw him play against Barcelona in the Champions League, you'd know he looked very much at home. The elite clubs of the world really need to make their move before they lose out on what I think will be one of the best defensive midfielders in the world soon enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Imarobot


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8468
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot who seem to think he has Viera's potential. I'm not sure about that but I've seen him play a few times and he does seem like an incredible talent.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kempes


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 11731
Location: England
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
There are a lot who seem to think he has Viera's potential. I'm not sure about that but I've seen him play a few times and he does seem like an incredible talent.


Not sure about the Vieira comparison... both very different builds.

Alex Song is probably the most accurate, but I think Wanyama has more athletic ability.


Last edited by Kempes on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shaq


Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 4482
Location: USC
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was reading the USA prospect thread and came back to this. This is so golden, crazy to think how far some of these guys have come in only four years... or not, in the case of English Xavi Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 19020
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be all for getting this thread going again.

And yeah, most of these guys turned out alright.
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group