Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tom Telesco Hired as New San Diego Chargers General Manager
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
AntonioGates wrote:
I'm excited to see what Mr. Telesco brings to the table. He learned under Bill Polean, both the good and the bad, and should bring new ideas to the team. Whether those new ideas are good or not is a whole different story but I can't wait for his first draft. Just don't trade up to pick a fullback ahead of Jamal Charles and we'll be ok.

Yep, this is an exciting guy. Russ Lande on twitter said that he really liked Telesco, and said that whenever he's seen him, he was always working the tape, watching guys all the time, and really knows his stuff. Cant be a bad sign.

Russ is pretty much who sold me on Telesco when I was teetering. I trust Russ, talk to him through Twitter a decent amount and the guy is legit (former scout for both the Rams and the Browns, has solid rapport with guys like Schefter and Clayton).

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cautiously optimistic. I still don't trust a decision made by anybody with the last name Spanos. The optimism comes from the good things I'm reading, and the fact that Wolf was involved.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had this made for me by one of the graphic gurus at Bolttalk. Now I just have to figure out how to mod it into a sig. So epic!

wackywabbit wrote:
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Had this made for me by one of the graphic gurus at Bolttalk. Now I just have to figure out how to mod it into a sig. So epic!

I miss Blewy from the CMB. Sad

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Colts OC Bruce Arians confirmed that the Chargers' head-coaching job is more attractive now that former Colts VP of football operations Tom Telesco is the new general manager.
"I think so much of (the) success that teams have are great relationships between the general manager and head coach. And it's not who has control of the roster. It's how do we get the best players?" said Arians. "I had the opportunity to work for 12 weeks as a head coach this year with Ryan Grigson and Tommy Telesco, and it was a fantastic relationship." Arians is also a candidate in Chicago, Cleveland, and Philadelphia.

Get ready for it because it's coming.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Colts OC Bruce Arians confirmed that the Chargers' head-coaching job is more attractive now that former Colts VP of football operations Tom Telesco is the new general manager.
"I think so much of (the) success that teams have are great relationships between the general manager and head coach. And it's not who has control of the roster. It's how do we get the best players?" said Arians. "I had the opportunity to work for 12 weeks as a head coach this year with Ryan Grigson and Tommy Telesco, and it was a fantastic relationship." Arians is also a candidate in Chicago, Cleveland, and Philadelphia.

I'm not sure. Arians can be interested all he wants. I think Telesco will do his due diligence. I'd only be fine with Arians if he did not call plays and did not just bring in his guy.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:

To which I counter with:

@UTKevinAcee wrote:
Talk increasing that SF 49ers OC Greg Roman will be looked at by Chargers. Has done fine job. Oh & he was Tom Telesco's college roomie.

Don't you try and rain on my parade, Drew. So help you if you do!

wackywabbit wrote:
Duffman57

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:

To which I counter with:

@UTKevinAcee wrote:
Talk increasing that SF 49ers OC Greg Roman will be looked at by Chargers. Has done fine job. Oh & he was Tom Telesco's college roomie.

Cant find/too lazy to find the tweet, but Roman is reportedly now the favorite for the Jags job, as he is good friends with the new GM Caldwell. So it looks like we've got some competition for him.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telesco, Caldwell, and Roman are all really close.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:

To which I counter with:

@UTKevinAcee wrote:

Cant find/too lazy to find the tweet, but Roman is reportedly now the favorite for the Jags job, as he is good friends with the new GM Caldwell. So it looks like we've got some competition for him.

He's evidently good friends with both. And Caldwell and Telesco are apparently friends, in some capacity, from high school.

I still think that having Rivers and a mostly-very-good defense already in place should tilt the balance in our favor. Then again, we also seem intent on saddling any HC with Pagano (not saying it's a bad thing, but it may not be an ideal situation for a HC that may have already been eyeing other coaches he'd worked with in the past as guys he'd like to have working for him).

wackywabbit wrote:
Duffman57

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:

To which I counter with:

@UTKevinAcee wrote:

He's evidently good friends with both. And Caldwell and Telesco are apparently friends, in some capacity, from high school.

I still think that having Rivers and a mostly-very-good defense already in place should tilt the balance in our favor. Then again, we also seem intent on saddling any HC with Pagano (not saying it's a bad thing, but it may not be an ideal situation for a HC that may have already been eyeing other coaches he'd worked with in the past as guys he'd like to have working for him).

Alright, this may be a stupid question, but if do in fact get Roman (knock on wood), could we steal Tomsula and keep him as a DL coach, if we simply put the Assistant Head Coach tag on him? Or does he have to be upgraded to a DC? That would be an interesting way to get Roman some of the defensive staff that he wants...

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:

To which I counter with:

@UTKevinAcee wrote:

Alright, this may be a stupid question, but if do in fact get Roman (knock on wood), could we steal Tomsula and keep him as a DL coach, if we simply put the Assistant Head Coach tag on him? Or does he have to be upgraded to a DC? That would be an interesting way to get Roman some of the defensive staff that he wants...

I wouldn't want to fire Don Johnson after what he did with the young DL. And position coaches can have lateral moves.

#JDI
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Lovie is in San Diego right now

And to the post above, Don Johnson was DL coach under Lovie Smith before Rod Marinelli was brought in.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see much reason to bring Lovie in. We'd have to overhaul yet again and fire most of the defensive staff, including a guy showing major potential in Pags.

#JDI
Duffman57

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're/We've interviewing/interviewed Gus Bradley as well, he'd be a guy that i'd really like at HC, as well as Zimmer, WInston Moss, Roman among some others. Still want Hue Jackson at OC.

MrDrew wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: