Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Redemption: Green Bay @ San Francisco
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RG25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/186361471.html

Quote:
Packers' Donald Driver embraces special teams, hopeful for Saturday

Donald Driver hasn't caught a pass since Nov. 18. He has been inactive four of the last six weeks. The offense, the game-day roster have seemed to move on without him.

So "a couple weeks" ago, Driver came to the coaches with a request. He told the staff he was open to playing special teams.

"I said, ĎIíd like to play special teams if you guys need me,' " Driver said. "The thing is when youíve played this long in your career, they donít think that a veteran guy wants to play because sometimes itís like a kick in the... I didnít think that. I didnít think that at all. I looked at it as an opportunity to play and have fun. Thatís what I want to do. I asked them and they said, ĎSure.í Iím back on it. Weíll see. Weíll see.Ē

Man Driver is a class act and the ultimate Packer. I sure will miss him when he retires.
Skeet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:

Quote:

Donald Driver hasn't caught a pass since Nov. 18. He has been inactive four of the last six weeks. The offense, the game-day roster have seemed to move on without him.

So "a couple weeks" ago, Driver came to the coaches with a request. He told the staff he was open to playing special teams.

"I said, ĎIíd like to play special teams if you guys need me,' " Driver said. "The thing is when youíve played this long in your career, they donít think that a veteran guy wants to play because sometimes itís like a kick in the... I didnít think that. I didnít think that at all. I looked at it as an opportunity to play and have fun. Thatís what I want to do. I asked them and they said, ĎSure.í Iím back on it. Weíll see. Weíll see.Ē

If this wasn't a playoff game I would love to see him return a kick. Old man's still tough as hell to bring down.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, last time DD played SF...

Love me some DD.

Also, I GET TO WATCH THE GAME!!! Was gonna have to work at the newspaper again, but after asking about a hundred people to cover my shift/switch things around...I got somebody to cover it for me.

Thank God.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeet wrote:
Willink wrote:

Quote:

If this wasn't a playoff game I would love to see him return a kick. Old man's still tough as hell to bring down.
Hey if it gets Cobb off return duty, I say let him do it.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Skeet wrote:
Willink wrote:

Quote:

There's this new kid by the name of Ross who is pretty deadly in the return game.

But yeah, wouldn't be opposed to seeing Driver in this postseason at some point. Super Bowl touchdown? Wow.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the replay of Week 1, on our 1st drive on 3&11 Rodgers takes a sack on a blitz when he had Finley WIDE OPEN on a hot read for what looks like a 1st down. Huge mistake early.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Skeet wrote:
Willink wrote:

Quote:

There's this new kid by the name of Ross who is pretty deadly in the return game.

But yeah, wouldn't be opposed to seeing Driver in this postseason at some point. Super Bowl touchdown? Wow.
They don't seem to trust Ross yet.
Willink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2013/film-room-nfc-divisional-round

FO breakdown

Quote:
In Week 1, the Niners surprisingly played their dime package against Green Bayís three-receiver sets. They wanted to get cornerback Perrish Cox matched on tight end Jermichael Finley. They were so bent on this that they even defended Randall Cobb with a linebacker (usually Bowman). Donít expect to see these dime coverages this time around. Cobb has since evolved into Green Bayís most dynamic weapon; the Niners will almost certainly defend him with Carlos Rogers in the slot. Finley, on the other hand, has not fully blossomed as many had expected, though heís played much better the past month-and-a-half. The Niners will likely be comfortable with Willis on him. Thatíll leave Bowman to defend running back DuJuan Harris out of the backfield (a chore Bowman has handled well all season long).

For the first time in months, the Packers have their entire receiving corps healthy. One would think Mike McCarthy would use a host of different four-receiver sets to get Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, and Cobb (plus Finley) all on the field together. Even if the Niners went back to their dime package to defend this wide receiver quartet, the Packers could still get the Łber-versatile Cobb matched on a linebacker by shifting him into the backfield. And, as we saw in Week 1, if those shifts donít draw a linebackerís attention, they can still create problems for the defense.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
svp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers throws a pic from 49ers Bowman. . .
that should not have happened.

in the 4th quarter...

from the first game of the season...

its gonna be a good game this saturday.

mxr124

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
Rodgers throws a pic from 49ers Bowman. . .
that should not have happened.

in the 4th quarter...

from the first game of the season...

its gonna be a good game this saturday.

Remember how bad their tackle was starting his pass pro before the snap and those replacement refs just kept letting it go?
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
mxr124 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
This?

"Every town in America has an Applebeeís restaurant. In Green Bay, Applebeeís was about as fancy as you got. When my wife, Sarah, and I would get a baby sitter, a nice date night was Applebeeís. In Minnesota, Iím sure there will be plenty of options before Applebeeís comes into the rotation."
People are upset about him saying that? Wow. Get some thicker skin guys. GB is a small town. Some people don't like small towns. Longwell seems to be one of those people. It's not like he said GB is a terrible waste of earth and should be burnt to the ground.

still not necessary at all. i have fancier restaurants than applebee's in my city and it's only 50,000. it's not like green bay is a bar and a grocery store in the middle of nowhere.

one of those things just better unsaid.
True, but to hate the guy for that? Come on...

I hate the guy because he wore that damn purple getup!

Oh he insulted Green Bay's dining establishments... Oh no.

Pretty sure he had a few more parting shots. But why even say this? He's taking a shot at the town, period. What's the point?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
Kaepernick gave an interview on sportscenter today...wearing a Brewers hat.

Born in Milwaukee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man its IMPOSSIBLE to not like Donald Driver.
SplashDive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:

Quote:

DD is the perfect example of what we look for in a Packer player. I hope someday he can have a job with the team in the FO or as a coach.

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
HokieHigh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I love DD. I can't wait for this game and personally can't wait to watch the Finley-Willis matchup. If Finley goes out and has a huge game he will make almost all of the money he lost this season back. Opportunity beckons this week for Jermichael Finley.

My favorite formation is definitely:

Jones Jennings Finley X X X X X Jordy

Rodgers Cobb

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 18 of 71

Jump to: