Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arsenal Football Club Part IV: Top of the table!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandomHero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the last time Diaby actually got an injury free extended run in the first 11?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
When was the last time Diaby actually got an injury free extended run in the first 11?

Probably 2009. In the last 2 seasons he's only made 11 appearances in all comps. In 2010/11 he had 20.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked So no wonder I was thinking I haven't seen him in ages.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not verified as of yet, but apparently God has jointed Twitter - Dennis10B

Also @19SCazorla has recently joined (definitely legitimate) and @eisfeld_thomas rejoined (verified)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
Not verified as of yet, but apparently God has jointed Twitter - Dennis10B

Also @19SCazorla has recently joined (definitely legitimate) and @eisfeld_thomas rejoined (verified)

Silly Arsenal fans.

amac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
Arsenal need to drop on of Arteta/Cazorla and replace them with an actual holding DM like we've got Sandro. You have more than enough going forward still.

No way Wilshere or Cazolra would be benched, but we could use a DM in Artetas place since Diaby cant stay healthy, Wanyama would be awesome

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amac wrote:
RandomHero wrote:
Arsenal need to drop on of Arteta/Cazorla and replace them with an actual holding DM like we've got Sandro. You have more than enough going forward still.

No way Wilshere or Cazolra would be benched, but we could use a DM in Artetas place since Diaby cant stay healthy, Wanyama would be awesome

Wanyama reminds me a bit of Diaby, perhaps a bit more strength but both have a knack for getting forward when the situation calls for it. I hate football rumours these days, as seldom do any of the links to players make a lot of sense. Were we to be linked with Wanyama, that would no doubt get me a bit more excited about the transfer window. Note: We were loosely linked with Victor in the summer but those sources held about as much weight as the reports we were on the verge of signing breakthrough fullbacking sensation Yaya Banana to a lucrative contract..

Also, given our history of announcing signings on a Friday, I'd imagine Theo's newly signed contract will be touted by Arsenal.com tomorrow.

Also injury wise we are all healthy this weekend aside from Diaby (still getting fitness) and Giroud because he had that cut on his knee but he may yet play come Sunday.

Believe it or not, Manchester City hasn't defeated us in London in quite a long time, and Mancini often opts to play more defensively and try to counter us. I think we'll have a tough time scoring unless we come out on a tear like we did at Swansea (but finish our chances this time.) I'm guessing another 1-1 is in the cards which wouldn't be all that bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:

Also, given our history of announcing signings on a Friday, I'd imagine Theo's newly signed contract will be touted by Arsenal.com tomorrow.

Which is weird, you should never make good announcements on a Friday, people really don't care as much as a normal weekday.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:

Which is weird, you should never make good announcements on a Friday, people really don't care as much as a normal weekday.

I agree -- it's really only better to fire people on a Friday :p as of course, "studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident when you do it at the end of the week"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
teamorange wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:

I agree -- it's really only better to fire people on a Friday :p as of course, "studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident when you do it at the end of the week"

Yeaaaaaahh I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

amac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
amac wrote:
RandomHero wrote:

Wanyama reminds me a bit of Diaby, perhaps a bit more strength but both have a knack for getting forward when the situation calls for it. I hate football rumours these days, as seldom do any of the links to players make a lot of sense. Were we to be linked with Wanyama, that would no doubt get me a bit more excited about the transfer window. Note: We were loosely linked with Victor in the summer but those sources held about as much weight as the reports we were on the verge of signing breakthrough fullbacking sensation Yaya Banana to a lucrative contract..

Also injury wise we are all healthy this weekend aside from Diaby (still getting fitness) and Giroud because he had that cut on his knee but he may yet play come Sunday.

Believe it or not, Manchester City hasn't defeated us in London in quite a long time, and Mancini often opts to play more defensively and try to counter us. I think we'll have a tough time scoring unless we come out on a tear like we did at Swansea (but finish our chances this time.) I'm guessing another 1-1 is in the cards which wouldn't be all that bad.

Some show on FSC a few days ago said we were entering the race for Wanyama, (and that Villa wasnt leaving Barca)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
teamorange wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:

Just like George Dubya and his Friday news dumps.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arteta out with injury today (confirmed by him)

Not sure if Diaby is back but the line-up should be up soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diaby & Ox start. That's my ideal midfield 3

Arsenal - Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Diaby, Wilshere, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Walcott

City - Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Nastasic, Clichy, Garcia, Barry, Milner, Tevez, Silva, Dzeko

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels very much like this team is ready to mail it in for the rest of the season.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 32 of 99

Jump to: