Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Ryan vs Tony Romo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Matt Ryan vs Tony Tomo
Matt Ryan
58%
 58%  [ 58 ]
Tony Romo
41%
 41%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 99

canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at Matt Ryan's supporting cast I don't even know how they even lost a game.

His team is clearly carrying him

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
If you look at Matt Ryan's supporting cast I don't even know how they even lost a game.

And romo is clearly holding his back
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:

You mean that supporting cast that is pretty much about = to the Cowboys supporting cast?

Witten = Gonzo

Roddy > Austin

Julio = Dez

Murray > Turner

Felix = Quizz

Vickers > Cox

Ogletree = or better than Harry Douglas

Not sure which O-line is better i'll admit ours is avg probably.

B in pass protection C in run blocking.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

You mean that supporting cast that is pretty much about = to the Cowboys supporting cast?

Witten = Gonzo

Roddy > Austin

Julio = Dez

Murray > Turner

Felix = Quizz

Vickers > Cox

Our o line is terrible.

Felix is terrible.

And you missed discussing the Defense, were we had a historic amount of injuries.

Ryan is younger and coming off a better year. He should clearly win this poll. But don't act like the rosters were anywhere near the same by years end. We literally were taking other teams practice squad players and starting them a week later.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Ryan.
Strat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get these people that say Matt Ryan has a ridiculously good supporting cast as an argument against him. A talented offense? Yes, but when you look closer the stuff he has to work with around him isn't that much better than the other top quarterbacks. First off, his O-line is mediocre at best and Michael Turner is probably one of the worst starting backs in the league. He has a nice piece to work with in Quizz but he's nothing special. Then he's got Tony Gonzalez who's approaching his 40's and people act like he's still in his prime. Obviously Roddy and Julio are great weapons but that excuse is rarely made for say Rodgers or Eli who have just as good weapons. The Falcons had like 4 wins before Matt got there, and he turned them around into a winning franchise. If you do more than look at box scores with this team you know that he was at the forefront of that success. He was not a product of those around him. To choose Romo at this point in their careers is laughable.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Let's see how Matt Ryan performs next week before I judge him.

Curious why that matters in this cae. Neither has post season success and ryan outplayed romo pretty handily this year

And Tony Romo has outplayed him in every other season bar this season.

A lot of people are knocking Romo down currently because of the Washington game, which is unfair in this scenario as Ryan hasn't proven squat with the game on the line either.

I'm with ya... Yeah, Romo has a playoff win - on a Wild Card weekend. Ryan doesn't even have that.

But if Ryan were to have a big game on a division playoff game? I think that would really show us if Ryan and the stats aren't just a production of scheduel as I think they are. He'll be facing one of the best defenses in a must win or go home game.

And if we are making these judgements on a "this season" mentality, then what does 1 week matter? Doesn't that already tell us how close these two are?
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo has to deal with far more issues with his offense than Ryan does. Actually, I'm pretty sure Ryan doesn't have any issues with his offense that he has to worry about at all. Romo on the other hand has zero reliable running game, plays behind one of the worst (if not THE worst) pass protecting o-lines, and only has one consistent receiving weapon in Dez Bryant as Miles Austin has been injured for the past two seasons and Witten, while awesome at moving the chains, really hasn't been a huge weapon as he disappears in the red zone (3 TDs this year, 2 from Romo).

Ryan on the other hand has an O-Line that is probably above average (basically the Great Wall of China compared to what Romo has), and two very dangerous/consistent receiving threats in Julio Jones and Roddy White. Probably the most dangerous receiving threat in the NFL. On top of that he has arguably the best tight end to ever play the game. Hes similar to Witten in a lot of ways, but hes a far bigger threat in the endzone. The Falcons had kind of a bad year running the football, but it still wasn't as bad as the Cowboy's run game.

So basically Matt Ryan has the better overall team around him compared to Romo. That being said, Romo has beaten Ryan out production wise every year since Ryan entered the league. In other words, Romo does more, with less. How then could Ryan be the better quarterback? It makes no logical sense. Romo > Ryan any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

If Matt Ryan played for the Cowboys he would probably be a 'Mark Sanchez - like' quarterback.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
maggot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ wow your a joke you obviously didnt watch a single falcon game did ya

Jgoldiscool is da man ^^^
2012 Adopt a Falcon: Matt Ryan
pierrepet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:
Romo has to deal with far more issues with his offense than Ryan does. Actually, I'm pretty sure Ryan doesn't have any issues with his offense that he has to worry about at all. Romo on the other hand has zero reliable running game, plays behind one of the worst (if not THE worst) pass protecting o-lines, and only has one consistent receiving weapon in Dez Bryant as Miles Austin has been injured for the past two seasons and Witten, while awesome at moving the chains, really hasn't been a huge weapon as he disappears in the red zone (3 TDs this year, 2 from Romo).

Ryan on the other hand has an O-Line that is probably above average (basically the Great Wall of China compared to what Romo has), and two very dangerous/consistent receiving threats in Julio Jones and Roddy White. Probably the most dangerous receiving threat in the NFL. On top of that he has arguably the best tight end to ever play the game. Hes similar to Witten in a lot of ways, but hes a far bigger threat in the endzone. The Falcons had kind of a bad year running the football, but it still wasn't as bad as the Cowboy's run game.

So basically Matt Ryan has the better overall team around him compared to Romo. That being said, Romo has beaten Ryan out production wise every year since Ryan entered the league. In other words, Romo does more, with less. How then could Ryan be the better quarterback? It makes no logical sense. Romo > Ryan any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

If Matt Ryan played for the Cowboys he would probably be a 'Mark Sanchez - like' quarterback.

You forgot to mention that Romo had to deal with the most penalized team in the league this year as well as the most penalized offensive line in the entire NFL. How many times would Romo lead a drive and then 2nd and 20, 2nd and 35 etc... Atlanta, on the other hand, had the fewest penalties in the league.

It really is not a comparison when looking at what each of them had to work with this season. Combine that with the fact that Ryan has never won a "big game" and scored a total of 0 points in his last playoff game and I dont see why so many people are saying "Ryan and it is not even close."

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
Greene N White

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Ryan does is blindly chuck it up and hopes Julio catches it half the time...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greene N White wrote:
All Ryan does is blindly chuck it up and hopes Julio catches it half the time...

LOL at these haters

Most of Julio's explosive plays are not even bombs down the field but based off YAC
BladeKor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Witten = Gonzo

Roddy > Austin

Julio = Dez

Murray > Turner

Felix = Quizz

Vickers > Cox

I totally disagree.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Witten = Gonzo

Roddy > Austin

Julio = Dez

Murray > Turner

Felix = Quizz

Vickers > Cox

I totally disagree.

Then you would be wrong of course. Taking talent and play making ability along with production they are both pretty outstanding players. The main knock on dez is his character issues and im my evaluation im not adding that in as far as we are just doing talent vs talent on the field at those skilled positions. Both will probably be top 5 WR's talent wise in the next 3 years.

But it doesn't matter anymore as it seems i was wrong as NoFlyZone says the cowboys don't have talented players it seems so i guess im overrating the talent they have he sees them more than me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: