Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Trade and Free Agent Signings/Rumors Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAS22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:
The deal would have sent three or four players back to Arizona, according to CBSSports.com sources. Included among those players would have been relievers Charlie Furbush and Stephen Pryor, minor-league shortstop Nick Franklin and, likely, one of three minor-league starting pitching prospects: Right-hander Taijuan Walker, lefty James Paxton or lefty Danny Hultzen.

So much for Walker, Hultzen, & Miller. Wink

I can't believe that's all it would take.

Churchill said the package being reported is wrong. He then went on to tweet this.

Jason Churchill wrote:
From what I'm told, the M's made a substantial offer to AZ, which they apparently accepted. A deal I would not have made from M's standpoint

^Peppers90^
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:
The deal would have sent three or four players back to Arizona, according to CBSSports.com sources. Included among those players would have been relievers Charlie Furbush and Stephen Pryor, minor-league shortstop Nick Franklin and, likely, one of three minor-league starting pitching prospects: Right-hander Taijuan Walker, lefty James Paxton or lefty Danny Hultzen.

I can't believe that's all it would take.

Churchill said the package being reported is wrong. He then went on to tweet this.

Jason Churchill wrote:
From what I'm told, the M's made a substantial offer to AZ, which they apparently accepted. A deal I would not have made from M's standpoint

Churchill isn't exactly reliable when it comes to this kind of stuff.

And he's said he wouldn't include Walker in any deal for Upton, so that's why he's saying he wouldn't have made the deal.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Rangers made their "final offer" for Justin Upton to the Diamondbacks and now don't expect to continue talks with the D'Backs, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News (Twitter link). Texas is "moving on" after making their offer before the D'Backs agreed to their deal today with the Mariners that fell apart when Upton rejected the trade. Arizona made one final offer to Texas for Upton on Thursday before agreeing to the Seattle deal, reports Bob Nightengale of USA Today (Twitter link). The Rangers rejected that offer since the "price [was] too steep."

Seems like Upton may get his wish.

#JDI
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I love what Upton is doing. Just making it cheaper for my Braves. They are not getting Simmons in the deal. Not even close.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing what Seattle reportedly offered, would a package of Cody Buckel/Martin Perez, Luis Sardinas, Justin Grimm and Tanner Scheppers been a similar deal? I'd probably do that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
After seeing what Seattle reportedly offered, would a package of Cody Buckel/Martin Perez, Luis Sardinas, Justin Grimm and Tanner Scheppers been a similar deal? I'd probably do that.

Unless that 4th piece was Paxton, that's not remotely similar.

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
LOL I love what Upton is doing. Just making it cheaper for my Braves. They are not getting Simmons in the deal. Not even close.
Or Arizona doesn't trade Upton this season.....

Kempes

#JDI
gofrogs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:

Id want to change a little around because that basically erases what little bit of pitching depth we have. Maybe Jackson instead of Grimm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Or Arizona doesn't trade Upton this season.....

Oh they going to trade him. Just a matter of time.
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:

Not what I said, but thanks for reading my posts. I'll be nice and show you what I posted.

CWood21 wrote:
Something like Taijuan Walker, James Paxton, Matt Capps, and something else in the backend of their top 30 sounds about right for Upton and a small bullpen piece from the Diamondbacks.

So...assuming Walker was the centerpiece, my proposal was pretty much on. I thought they'd prefer Paxton to Franklin with the Didi acquisition as well as the Pennington trade. Capps and Pryor are pretty much a wash. My offer was pretty darn close to what I thought a proposed trade was. I was imply saying that the D'Backs should start with an offer close to that.

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Heyman, it was Walker in the agreed deal.

Kempes

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:

I hate Justin Upton so much right now...

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:

Just save the prospects for Stanton...

It's only a matter of time before the Marlins trade him...

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Eagles27

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:

Not what I said, but thanks for reading my posts. I'll be nice and show you what I posted.

I read them. Let me show you what you also posted.

CWood21 wrote:
If the Diamondbacks do move Justin Upton, it's not going to be at the 2.5 WAR season he put up this past season. It's going to be at the value of the 6.4 WAR season he posted in 2011. I wouldn't be surprised if the DBacks started asking for Walker, Hultzen, and one more top Mariners prospect (not Franklin or Paxton, probably Brad Miller).

CWood21 wrote:
Taijuan Walker, an interesting middle infield and a small piece isn't going to get it done. Taijuan Walker doesn't have that kind of value. If Trevor Bauer can fetch Shin Soo-Choo, it's going to take quite a bit more than Walker to get Justin Upton given that Upton is younger, locked into a pretty team-friendly deal, and is an overall better player. If that's where the Mariners draw the sand in the line in talks with Diamondbacks, I don't think they're getting Upton.

CWood21 wrote:
Like I said, I think it's going to take Walker, one of Walker/Paxton, and then something in that 6-10 range from the Mariners. And possibly something smaller on top of that. Something like Taijuan Walker, James Paxton, Matt Capps, and something else in the backend of their top 30 sounds about right for Upton and a small bullpen piece from the Diamondbacks.

Going to assume you meant Hultzen/Paxton, since I doubt the Mariners would some how be able to convince the D'backs that Walker counted as 2 players.

You proposed so many varying packages, that you have no place to claim this was spot on to what you said. Capps & Pryor are not a wash BTW. You said my proposal was too low, then proposed something ridiculous. Later on you posted something similar to my original offer. Now you're saying that you were right...

I said Walker, Franklin, and a small piece or two should be fair enough. You said that wasn't close. Well the proposed package was Walker, Franklin, & 2 relievers. Seems like I was pretty close.

#JDI
gofrogs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:

Given his home/road splits, it could and up being a good thing. I kinow they moved the fences in but its still not Arizona or arlington or yankee stadium,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 51 of 67

Jump to: