Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MMA Thread XXII | GSP-Diaz up next
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Packman Luke wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/186538.html

What a freaking low-life.

I would love if he gets fed up with the sketchy boxing situation and signs with the UFC. Give him Struve, see how long it takes for a middle tier HW to rip his arm off. Too bad stuff like this is all talk.

I wonder why this guy is being an attention you-know-what. It's not like Fury is Charlie Zelenoff; he's a top 10 HW and is undefeated. Why run your mouth to an MMA champ if you're essentially in the title picture as it is boxing-wise? This only irritates me because I'm a big Cain fan, but it just makes no sense altogether.

Oh, and in case you didn't get the Charlie Z reference:

http://www.youtube.com/3timeworldchampion
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=446405&cat=boxer
http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Charlie_Zelenoff

You should find a vid where he calls out 'Reem (and he's not joking, trust me) on that channel. I don't think he took it down.

Attention. Hopkins and Mayweather did the same before big fights in the past. It irritates the MMA community and draws more attention to them. I have no idea who this dude was until I clicked on this thread just now, so he wins.

Bottom line, don't get irritated by these comments. They are empty attention grabbing nonsense. Until dude's people approach Dana into serious negotiation, just chuckle and move on.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just like JDS said he would knock Wladimir out in boxing before his fight against Cain.

I hear there will be no card on May 4th now that Canelo and Mayweather will be fighting on that date?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These comments that are said just to attract some publicity to the fighter are getting out of control. The fans need to start rejecting that kind of behaviour...
In any other situation, you listen to those comments by Fury and you just say nothing, shake your head in disbelief that a grown man is behaving like a kid and just ignore it and keep doing whatever you're doing that is probably wayyyy more important than listening to that kind of crap.
But because it gets published in some form of media, it acquires a whole new dimension...

Dos Santos comment mentioning that he'd beat Klitschko was really bad too... He used to always be very straightforward and confident in his interviews, but now he's spouting some silly stuff all the time, like "I'm the baddest man on Earth"... Damn, he's been advised to take part on the silly part of the pro fighters world...
Kempes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyson Fury is an absolute joke. Don't take anything he says seriously, we hear crap like this all the time over this side of the pond.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone call Don Frye... here's a tough guy that needs humbling. Though seriously, if a point needs to be proved, why even feed someone like Fury to Struve. Feed him to one of the "over the hill" MMA heavies who are still out there and in (reasonable) fighting shape. Chances are they still put Fury on his back and pound him out until he either taps or gives up his back/neck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(This is Packman Luke)

The think that worries me about boxers trash talking MMA is the Tim Silvia thing. If I knew every fighter was smart enough to Couture a boxer in a freakshow fight, that would be great. Unfortunately, just like boxing, there are countless testosterone fueled MMA dummies that would do something stupid in a freakshow fight like MMA vs. Boxing.

Does anybody know if Askren is supposed to fight this month? I'm also looking forward to Bellator's LW championship fight. Rick Hawn is UFC quality, and Chandler is one of the more interesting prospects in MMA.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anderson Silva won't be retiring any time soon. He just signed a new 10 fight contract.

Honestly, that all but guarantees that he won't retire undefeated in the octagon. I'm a huge fan but that would mean he'd have to go 26-0 while fighting well into his 40's.

#JDI
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Anderson Silva won't be retiring any time soon. He just signed a new 10 fight contract.

Honestly, that all but guarantees that he won't retire undefeated in the octagon. I'm a huge fan but that would mean he'd have to go 26-0 while fighting well into his 40's.
Turns out this is old news, I guess. He signed it at the end of 2012.

#JDI
PuntMyLumps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty excited for tomorrow. War Noons, Hot Sauce, (My roommate plays L4D2 with the guy Laughing ) Gracie, Herman, Mousasi, and Marquardt. Hopefully the Cormier fight is as lulzy as it should be.

Do I dare to eat a peach?
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuntMyLumps wrote:
Pretty excited for tomorrow. War Noons, Hot Sauce, (My roommate plays L4D2 with the guy Laughing ) Gracie, Herman, Mousasi, and Marquardt. Hopefully the Cormier fight is as lulzy as it should be.
I want to watch it but the Packers game is on during it. I'll likely flip back-and-forth between the two and then watch the replay of the card at 12:30.

#JDI
PuntMyLumps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
PuntMyLumps wrote:
I want to watch it but the Packers game is on during it. I'll likely flip back-and-forth between the two and then watch the replay of the card at 12:30.

Ugh, thought the Packers played the earlier game. I'll still have both going.

And as for Anderson, he doesn't have to finish the contract before he retires. Laughing I wouldn't be shocked if he fought another 6 times though. We'll see how Weidman looks in his next fight, I think that'll be the last fight AS takes win or lose. (That, Bisping, GSP, and JBJ are the only practical fights out there right now unless he takes another stupid fight like the Bonnar farce.)

PuntMyLumps

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sponge taking Marquardt to school.

#JDI
PuntMyLumps

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:

He really wrecked his leg. Nate is so slow, it's not even fair.

bkobow05

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuntMyLumps wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

He really wrecked his leg. Nate is so slow, it's not even fair.
If that was Pat Barry or Melvin Manhoef, Marquardt is in full on drama queen tears.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 59 of 99

Jump to: