Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where will Marcus Lattimore be drafted?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus was a first round pick even after he tore his knee up.

But tearing the same one again?

I predict a day 3 selection, either 4th or 5th round. Whichever team he goes to will need to wait on him to fully heal up, but once he does, if he can remain healthy, he'll be a great back for them.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I am probably in the minority but I wasnt big on him before injury and didnt think he was that much bigger of a prospect then Monte Ball actually had Ball rated higher. skinny legs and runs high.

Yea, he was overrated all along and will have trouble staying healthy with his running style and body type. He's not really built to pound the ball.

I'll say 4th-5th round as well. If you can get him in that range as a backup RB to groom for the future, it's not a terrible investment.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
I am probably in the minority but I wasnt big on him before injury and didnt think he was that much bigger of a prospect then Monte Ball actually had Ball rated higher. skinny legs and runs high.

Laughing

Why is that so funny? I agree with him entirely.

Lattimore's ability to break tackles, his elusiveness for his size, his burst and his vision were why that kid was considered a 1st round talent. Healthy Lattimore is a MUCH better HB than Ball and he didn't receive anything close to the giant seams that Ball was running through.

Plus, Lattimore is an elite level receiver and pass protector whereas Ball doesn't offer much at either.
I think Ball has better vision and runs harder. I haven't seen as much of Lattimore as I have Ball, but from what I recall he wasn't that great at breaking tackles for a guy his size.
Ball runs low and between the tackles he will be a mid round guy and rightfully so but will have a few 1000 yard seasons in the NFL
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Laughing

Lattimore's ability to break tackles, his elusiveness for his size, his burst and his vision were why that kid was considered a 1st round talent. Healthy Lattimore is a MUCH better HB than Ball and he didn't receive anything close to the giant seams that Ball was running through.

Plus, Lattimore is an elite level receiver and pass protector whereas Ball doesn't offer much at either.
There have been alot of RB that people that had 1st round talent that didnt end up in the first round or were first round busts. With that said alot of his 1st round hype came from the fct that he ws a unreal high school recruit. He does block well and catches screens but to me he has very skinny legs alot like Darren Mcfadden and why he has been hurt a few times and runs high. Let me clearify what I ment I liked him but never ever in round 1

No, his 1st round hype came from him being an excellent runner from Day 1 in the SEC.

And he does a lot more than catch screens as a receiver. He's an excellent receiving HB.

His legs are much thicker than McFadden. If we were talking Le'Veon Bell, I could understand the leg thickness. His legs are much thicker than Lattimore's. But look at Lattimore's and Ball's side by side, they're very similar in terms of thickness.

And he hasn't been hurt because of his leg thickness, he's been hurt because of bad luck.

He tore his ACL when a guy missed a tackle on a run and dove right into the back of his knee while he was blocking. He destroyed his knee on a play where a guy hit him with his helmet in the side of his knee while his leg was pinned in the grasp of another player.

Freak injuries.

In fact, if I were questioning his durability...I'd bring up his more minor nagging injuries. Obviously, the knee injury is huge...who knows how he'll come back from it...but it was a total freak injury.

skrILL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Laughing

I think Ball has better vision and runs harder. I haven't seen as much of Lattimore as I have Ball, but from what I recall he wasn't that great at breaking tackles for a guy his size.

Lattimore isn't great at breaking tackles? What?

Ball doesn't run harder. And it's easy to have "better vision" when you have far superior blocking.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:

So does Darren McFadden...
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Laughing

There have been alot of RB that people that had 1st round talent that didnt end up in the first round or were first round busts. With that said alot of his 1st round hype came from the fct that he ws a unreal high school recruit. He does block well and catches screens but to me he has very skinny legs alot like Darren Mcfadden and why he has been hurt a few times and runs high. Let me clearify what I ment I liked him but never ever in round 1

No, his 1st round hype came from him being an excellent runner from Day 1 in the SEC.

And he does a lot more than catch screens as a receiver. He's an excellent receiving HB.

His legs are much thicker than McFadden. If we were talking Le'Veon Bell, I could understand the leg thickness. His legs are much thicker than Lattimore's. But look at Lattimore's and Ball's side by side, they're very similar in terms of thickness.

And he hasn't been hurt because of his leg thickness, he's been hurt because of bad luck.

He tore his ACL when a guy missed a tackle on a run and dove right into the back of his knee while he was blocking. He destroyed his knee on a play where a guy hit him with his helmet in the side of his knee while his leg was pinned in the grasp of another player.

Freak injuries.

In fact, if I were questioning his durability...I'd bring up his more minor nagging injuries. Obviously, the knee injury is huge...who knows how he'll come back from it...but it was a total freak injury.

skrILL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Laughing

Lattimore isn't great at breaking tackles? What?

Ball doesn't run harder. And it's easy to have "better vision" when you have far superior blocking.
Anthony Dixon tore up the SEC when at Mississipi st broke all kind of tackles and crazy yards in the SEC and is now 4th string for the 49ers I can give you all kinds of examples like that it doesnt mean anything to me.He runs very tall and doesnt get his pads low I was not big on him now with that said he might of been great but this is my opinion that he would have been a decent NFL running back nothing more. more often then not guys who run so upright dont have success more then they do
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring of Fame wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

So does Darren McFadden...
and?? You think mcfadden being hurt every year is no big deal? Im confused mcfadden has been in the league 5 years and had one I repeat one 1000 yard season. I think you proved my point
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Anthony Dixon tore up the SEC when at Mississipi st broke all kind of tackles and crazy yards in the SEC and is now 4th string for the 49ers I can give you all kinds of examples like that it doesnt mean anything to me.He runs very tall and doesnt get his pads low I was not big on him now with that said he might of been great but this is my opinion that he would have been a decent NFL running back nothing more. more often then not guys who run so upright dont have success more then they do

And John Clay tore it up behind the Wisconsin OL. Do you have an actual point?

He has no issues breaking tackles. He does run behind his pads when he's in traffic and trying to break tackles but he is an upright runner naturally.

NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH I wasn't overly impressed with him this year either. He plays style wise like he is Adrian Peterson, but he is not as fast or agile. Could be a great runner, but I wouldnt have taken him in the top 20 even if he never got hurt.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
TBH I wasn't overly impressed with him this year either. He plays style wise like he is Adrian Peterson, but he is not as fast or agile. Could be a great runner, but I wouldnt have taken him in the top 20 even if he never got hurt.

He wasn't 100% this year. Was pretty obvious to most SC fans.

norcalgsr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The player Lattimore reminds me of most is Bernard Pierce in terms of build and running style. Pierce probably would have been a 1st rounder if he played in a Major conference like the SEC or ACC.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

He has no issues breaking tackles. He does run behind his pads when he's in traffic and trying to break tackles but he is an upright runner naturally.
Yeah my point is dont argue to me that he ran on the SEC because that doesnt mean anything to me. We are gonna have to agree to disagree on this I wouldnt take my chances o a RB who runs very upright unless he was special more often then not they fail and im not taking my chances. Pre injury I would have thought about him late 2
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Yeah my point is dont argue to me that he ran on the SEC because that doesnt mean anything to me. We are gonna have to agree to disagree on this I wouldnt take my chances o a RB who runs very upright unless he was special more often then not they fail and im not taking my chances. Pre injury I would have thought about him late 2

No, they don't. The vast vast majority of tall HBs run upright because they can't run with the same type of forward lean as smaller HBs due to their higher center of gravity.

Your point is trash. Being successful against the best college competition is a very valid point when talking about a HB as a prospect.

fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

No, they don't. The vast vast majority of tall HBs run upright because they can't run with the same type of forward lean as smaller HBs due to their higher center of gravity.

Your point is trash. Being successful against the best college competition is a very valid point when talking about a HB as a prospect.
Cmon man I can give you a long long list of running backs who tore the SEC up and didnt amount to crap in the NFL. If you got the goods you got the goods just like alfred morris. I was cool with you telling me you think he has a burst and can break tackles etc etc
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Cmon man I can give you a long long list of running backs who tore the SEC up and didnt amount to crap in the NFL. If you got the goods you got the goods just like alfred morris. I was cool with you telling me you think he has a burst and can break tackles etc etc

I don't care about your list. Are you really so blind that you're unable to see the point? Coming in from Day 1 and running successfully in the best conference in the NCAA is what made his draft stock. Not his high school rating.

Deflect and create all the reasoning that you want to. But tearing up the SEC is a huge positive. Whether or not other SEC HBs haven't panned out. Showing up against the best competition is what you're supposed to do as a top prospect.

You decided to create a strawman when you realized you were wrong. NFL teams don't rate you highly because of high school hype. They rate you highly because of what you did in college.

Bryce Brown was the #1 freaking player out of HS...where was he drafted? Exactly. You gotta show up in college.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: