Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Divisional Round: Baltimore Rayvens @ Denver Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is remembered more highly?
Ray Lewis
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
Peyton Manning
30%
 30%  [ 14 ]
Yes..
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 46

coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is way off topic but what do you think of Joe Kruger? I'm not too surprised he declared and I think he could be a target for Baltimore in the draft (not just because he's Paul's brother).

Man if I played any kind of physical sport against a guy as big and mobile as Ngata I might just sit that day out.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
This is way off topic but what do you think of Joe Kruger? I'm not too surprised he declared and I think he could be a target for Baltimore in the draft (not just because he's Paul's brother).

Man if I played any kind of physical sport against a guy as big and mobile as Ngata I might just sit that day out.

Honestly I was very surprised that Joe decided to come out early. He had a lingering ankle issue that kept him out of several games this year and really hindered his numbers. If not for that he probably would have had a similar year that Paul did his Jr. year before declaring for the draft. I think that like Paul, Joe will be a good player down the road, but not right away. Right now he can rely on his physical strengths to dominate games but it wont be that way in the NFL. Joe is not a speed DE, but he does a very good job with length (he is great at batting balls down or raking in a player).
IMO I wouldn't take Joe before the 4th round and not at all if you want him to start right away. Give him a few years and he will be a clone of his brother.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ravens have placed Jah Reid on IR and moved Asa Jackson to 53 man roster. No link but I got it on my phone as an alert
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... Reid was durable through his collegiate career, but I think we can safely attach the injury prone label onto him. He's barely played this season because of multiple injuries. And as we know with John Og, toe injuries for big guys like Reid aren't nothing to sniff at... and can linger through ones career.

This also puts our OL depth at a much worse place than before. Hopefully all of our OL can stay healthy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first year Reid has had any problems with durability. I wouldn't label him as injury prone yet. Reid's calf injury that set him back earlier in the season shouldn't be a lingering issue and we've yet to hear just what is wrong with his toe. If it's turf toe like Ogden had that would be something to keep an eye on but if that was the case I think Wilson or somebody would have reported it already. Well, maybe. You never know with Harbaugh. Laughing

So it looks like the offensive line will be McKinnie/Osemele/Birk/Yanda/Oher with Gradkowski and Williams as depth for the rest of the playoffs. I don't like that all of the tackle depth is in the starting lineup but I guess it's not a terrible situation. Oher really needs to step it up. Miller didn't have a great game last time they played but he usually lines up more over the right side and Oher was playing LT in that game. Dumervil against McKinnie scares the crap out of me too. I'm hoping for a healthy (and effective) dose of Rice and Pierce up the gut to keep things rolling.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenlaser86 wrote:
You gotta see what I wrote in the Denver forum! Page 6. Smile

I did, you look like a 9-yr old boy posting....then this... Laughing

Good luck, gents, here's to a good game with no injuries

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mddeckie wrote:
I tell ya, those broncos fans are some confident bunch... I usually have bad feelings when we play a better team, but for some reason I have a feeling we will not lose this game... If that's the case, we will have a lot of fun in the bronco forum

So, you admit the Broncos are a better team ?? LOL

And as for a lot of fun, you're welcome to join in.....but be careful what you wish for...

Jakuvious wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched Ray's post game speech after last week. It's so amazing to see the attention he commands in that locker room! Most of the guys are filming, the entire organization is there watching him speak, the head coach is just smiling ear to ear...man...there will NEVER be another like Ray Lewis in this game.

So powerful!

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Greenlaser86

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, since they legalized marijuana in Denver, everyone must be getting high!
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenlaser86 wrote:
Man, since they legalized marijuana in Denver, everyone must be getting high!

So what's YOUR excuse ??

Jakuvious wrote:
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
This is the first year Reid has had any problems with durability. I wouldn't label him as injury prone yet. Reid's calf injury that set him back earlier in the season shouldn't be a lingering issue and we've yet to hear just what is wrong with his toe. If it's turf toe like Ogden had that would be something to keep an eye on but if that was the case I think Wilson or somebody would have reported it already. Well, maybe. You never know with Harbaugh. Laughing

So it looks like the offensive line will be McKinnie/Osemele/Birk/Yanda/Oher with Gradkowski and Williams as depth for the rest of the playoffs. I don't like that all of the tackle depth is in the starting lineup but I guess it's not a terrible situation. Oher really needs to step it up. Miller didn't have a great game last time they played but he usually lines up more over the right side and Oher was playing LT in that game. Dumervil against McKinnie scares the crap out of me too. I'm hoping for a healthy (and effective) dose of Rice and Pierce up the gut to keep things rolling.

While it sucks all of our OT depth is in the starting lineup, it does help that we are very flexible with them. If McKinnie goes down, we can shift Oher to LT, KO to RT and bring in Williams at LG. If Oher goes down, KO to RT and Williams to LG. If Oher and KO both go down, we can kick Yanda out to RT, and put Williams/Gradkowski in at the G spots. If BOTH McKinnie and Oher go down, that's the only way we're really in trouble because we have no 3rd string LT. So while it sucks to have all of the depth in, at least we have guys that are flexible enough to shift all around (and have experience at these places too).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAMEDAY!

My fortune cookie last night said, "Don't be afraid of competition." I'm like hell yeah!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind chill not expected to get above 3 in this game.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Wind chill not expected to get above 3 in this game.

Lets see some floating ducks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
So, you admit the Broncos are a better team ?? LOL

Who didn't?

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 7 of 48

Jump to: