Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HakeemThe Dream's First Giants Offseason Mock of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
mlv wrote:
Completely, totally, 100% agree about Phillips. Second most important player on the D behind JPP in my opinion. They cannot let KP walk over money. If they are concerned about the long term stability of his knee, that's one thing; he is EASILY worth what you gave him, and I'd be upset if they let him walk over money.

the argument is one in the same.

Let me rephrase. If Giants don't want to pay him big bucks because they are concerned with how his knee will hold up long-term, I would be OK with that.

I would not be OK if the Giants think his knee will hold up long term (say over the next 4-5 years), but they let him walk for other monetary reasons (Rolle already makes a lot and they don't want to pay two good safeties, or they don't want to Phillips when Brown and Hill are already on the roster).
Tehzl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some info that may have some affect your discussion:

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/08/new-york-giants-sign-safety-david-caldwell-to-reservefutures-contract/
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Mathieu is gonna go earlier than the 4th round. Too much talent there for someone to let him slide that far and its not exactly a Burfict situation with refusal to accept coaching.

I also think Carradine goes a bit earlier than that, possibly in the 2nd due him having a good to great combine performance.

Also I actually wouldn't mind seeing Barden back for another year. He made some nice catches for us this year and if he can continue to develop he can be a nice redzone target.
ESKY008

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carradine is injured. Won't be at combine.
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
I feel like Mathieu is gonna go earlier than the 4th round. Too much talent there for someone to let him slide that far and its not exactly a Burfict situation with refusal to accept coaching.

I also think Carradine goes a bit earlier than that, possibly in the 2nd due him having a good to great combine performance.

Also I actually wouldn't mind seeing Barden back for another year. He made some nice catches for us this year and if he can continue to develop he can be a nice redzone target.

I just don't see any team risking a 3rd round pick or higher on a big question mark like Mathieu. I was hesitant to even put him in the 4th round, I originally was considering him with the 5th round pick.

Carradine tore his ACL a few months ago. He won't be putting up much of a combine performance. I think the injury drops him into the 3rd, and the fact that he had tons of talent around him on that FSU defense.

I am honestly a huge fan of Barden, and certainly wouldn't mind him back on the team next year. I just don't see a roster spot for him as a 4th or 5th WR and not playing special teams. I think he can make plays on offense, he just won't get the opportunities behind all of the other young, talented WRs.
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:

I just don't see any team risking a 3rd round pick or higher on a big question mark like Mathieu. I was hesitant to even put him in the 4th round, I originally was considering him with the 5th round pick.

Carradine tore his ACL a few months ago. He won't be putting up much of a combine performance. I think the injury drops him into the 3rd, and the fact that he had tons of talent around him on that FSU defense.

I am honestly a huge fan of Barden, and certainly wouldn't mind him back on the team next year. I just don't see a roster spot for him as a 4th or 5th WR and not playing special teams. I think he can make plays on offense, he just won't get the opportunities behind all of the other young, talented WRs.

Whoops don't know how I forgot about his injury so that makes a lot of sense in that case.
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:

just to play devils advocate, many (including yours truly) thought the same thing about Bruce Carter but he got taken in the 2nd round and that's worked out pretty well for the Cowboys...
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
HakeemTheDream wrote:

just to play devils advocate, many (including yours truly) thought the same thing about Bruce Carter but he got taken in the 2nd round and that's worked out pretty well for the Cowboys...

I see your point, and I was a big fan of Bruce Carter. I had him going to the Giants in the 2nd round in pretty much all of my mock drafts. It's entirely possible Carradine goes in the 2nd round, but IMO, Carter was a more polished and respected prospect when he got injured.
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love Minter, I think Kasheem Greene from Rutgers is a much better prospect and he's a monster in my opinion. We'll see who goes where though. I'm just saying, I'd much rather have Kasheem Green.

Also I think Womack might not make it to us.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
As much as I love Minter, I think Kasheem Greene from Rutgers is a much better prospect and he's a monster in my opinion. We'll see who goes where though. I'm just saying, I'd much rather have Kasheem Green.

Also I think Womack might not make it to us.

The more I watch, the more I feel like Minter really isn't going to be a great fit with the Giants. I am very intrigued by Greene, I just worry that he may be forced to play OLB, where the Giants really need to find a long-term solution at MLB. As for Warmack, there is a very realistic chance he doesn't make it to 19. Warmack is probably the best guard prospect of the decade, so I could see him going anywhere from 8-24. Hopefully he doesn't impress at the combine (should he participate) so that there is a better chance the Giants draft him.

Just to let everyone know, this was my first mock draft of the year. Not much research was put into it. I have already made a revised mock with new prospects, I just am not sure I want to publish my second mock in a week, especially since the playoffs aren't even half way done. I wish the Giants were still playing so I wouldn't have to be focusing on draft prospects yet Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: