Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ed Reed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you sign Ed Reed at a reasonable deal?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
NO
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 19

Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Ed Reed Reply with quote

OK I don't want to sign a team's leftovers and old players but I really think Reed coming to Miami could be a good fit. He can bring energy, leadership, and playmaking ability to this defense. He doesn't have to be here long term. I don't see why not.

When i get home from work i will post the link stating he may not be a Raven anymore.

UniversalAuthor
Dalunatic16

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not mind him at all. As long as we draft a promising safety to play behind him. That'd be a great mentor to a future young safety.
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Ed Reed sign with Miami. Granted, he's getting up there, but his experience and leadership could drastically improve this defense. I would love this!

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind this....it would be great for the development of not only a young safety sitting behind him, but of the while defensive backfield especially Jones.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of Reed as a person but for a one year deal, sure. He adds some much needed playmaking to our secondary and some defensive attitude that we sorely require.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think of what Darren Sharper added to the Saints

UniversalAuthor
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My avatar should give you my answer. He still has a knack for the ball and we still have options elsewhere to add depth to learn from him for a year or two.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure... Really like Reshard Jones at FS. Then again, if Jones can transition to the SS position, Ed Reed could provide a lot of leadership. At this point, I'd say I'd pass though... Reed really wasn't that effective this season.

Nacho Simulation Football League
SUG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I oppose the deal mainly because he is old & is a walking Mash unit of injuries. He will not start more than 10 -12 gms.

Reshad is a much needed "Thumper" with good ball skills & always has been but we need him closer to
"the box" at SS in run support.

What we need at FS is a much more "Finese" ball skills type player.

There are 6 - 8 new HCs & there will be player turn over depending on new schemes being implemented.
The 49ers have a plethora of great CBs & Safety's & they will be forced to purge due to cap restrictions. Anyone of their starters could easily bump any of our CB/S with maybe the exception of Reshad Jones.
We need to jump all over that.
(Gholdson - C. Rodgers - D. Whitner)

sug
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still find it hard to believe he would leave Baltimore. Still, hes one of my all-time favorite players and the only Raven I don't hate. I haven't seen anyone with better instincts for being where the ball is going then he has for the last decade. Even if only for a year or two, he would make a massive difference. Jones could switch during that stretch and then possibly go back to FS after learning from one of the greatest to ever play the position.

tl:dr, I would love the signing

FF Member #67
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to sign Ed Reed because of what he can teach the safeties and the leadership he brings. I think he could bring some of that play making ability with him.

I would also love to bring in Jarius Byrd. If Byrd becomes available I don't even look at Reed and just focus on getting Byrd.

UniversalAuthor
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Reed for the veteran leadership and teaching ability.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
I would love to sign Ed Reed because of what he can teach the safeties and the leadership he brings. I think he could bring some of that play making ability with him.

I would also love to bring in Jarius Byrd. If Byrd becomes available I don't even look at Reed and just focus on getting Byrd.
Yes I am paying attention to buffalo and what they are going to do between byrd and levitre. Whatever one they choose I have no problem taking the other
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Ed Reed Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
OK I don't want to sign a team's leftovers and old players but I really think Reed coming to Miami could be a good fit. He can bring energy, leadership, and playmaking ability to this defense. He doesn't have to be here long term. I don't see why not.

When i get home from work i will post the link stating he may not be a Raven anymore.

Are you serious? Dude has been contemplating retirement the last two seasons. I honestly think he is gone when Ray leaves. Would not shock me one bit if the Ravens win the Superbowl, Reed and Ray both retire.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Ed Reed Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

Are you serious? Dude has been contemplating retirement the last two seasons. I honestly think he is gone when Ray leaves. Would not shock me one bit if the Ravens win the Superbowl, Reed and Ray both retire.
... and enter the HOF together.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: