Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lovie Smith to Interview in San Diego
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I can understand why, but San Diego always seems to be snake-bitten, i guess that was a Norv thing though
When SD fired Schotenheimer it was over for it. One of the dumbest moves EVER.

Not if you know the situation...
It was immediately obvious to me that SD would never achieve anything close to Schotenheimer's record with its new coach. My belief was completely on the money.

It was an inconceivably stupid move on SD's part.

Considering Norv A) Got farther than Marty ever did and B) once went 13-3.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
In most systems of math 14-2 is better than 13-3 no matter how many laughing heads are posted. My guess is MS's overall record there is considerably better than Norv's, too.

How many times is firing a coach who is 14-2 his last year a GOOD idea? mmmmm never.

Honest question, what's the point of you even coming to a forum like this? Because you certainly don't seem to want to take part in objective discussion. All you seem to want to do is beat your chest that your word is truth and any counterargument even when it flies in the face of what you specifically state in your previous post is just ignored.

Here's a suggestion. If you're going to be so abrasive and act like your opinion is superior to that of others, try doing some research first. Otherwise you really come off as just another blowhard.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I can understand why, but San Diego always seems to be snake-bitten, i guess that was a Norv thing though

It was immediately obvious to me that SD would never achieve anything close to Schotenheimer's record with its new coach. My belief was completely on the money.

Considering Norv A) Got farther than Marty ever did and B) once went 13-3.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
In most systems of math 14-2 is better than 13-3 no matter how many laughing heads are posted. My guess is MS's overall record there is considerably better than Norv's, too.

How many times is firing a coach who is 14-2 his last year a GOOD idea? mmmmm never.

Well you'd be wrong again since Marty won 47 games and Norv 56. Laughing
One has to normalize numbers to compare them. This shows you that MS record was .588 while Norv's was .583.

It is much closer than I would have though since Norv had so many mediocre years. Looking a little closer Marty won 14 games more than he lost in five years and Norv won 16 more in six.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Honest question, what's the point of you even coming to a forum like this? Because you certainly don't seem to want to take part in objective discussion. All you seem to want to do is beat your chest that your word is truth and any counterargument even when it flies in the face of what you specifically state in your previous post is just ignored.

Here's a suggestion. If you're going to be so abrasive and act like your opinion is superior to that of others, try doing some research first. Otherwise you really come off as just another blowhard.
I have not attacked anyone. I came over here mainly to see what you guys were thinking about your new coach search.

My opinions are only that. Why would you get all bent out of shape if they were wrong?

Why does anyone post on these forums? Amusement for the most part.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

One has to normalize numbers to compare them. This shows you that MS record was .588 while Norv's was .583.

It is much closer than I would have though since Norv had so many mediocre years. Looking a little closer Marty won 14 games more than he lost in five years and Norv won 16 more in six.

Right because .583 is that much more than .588. Are you serious? Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

At least it more accurately shows the situation than just raw totals. I said it was actually closer than I had believed. What do you want - me to beg forgiveness?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

At least it more accurately shows the situation than just raw totals. I said it was actually closer than I had believed. What do you want - me to beg forgiveness?

Maybe know what you are saying before you say it. Laughing

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

If that were the criteria for posting there would be even less traffic than there is on this site.

As it stands my comment was not that wrong. Turner had too few good years there. And the firing of Marty did not turn out well.

BTW Turner never did "go further" than MS as you erroneously claimed. Neither one won a playoff game.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you guys I would just add Al to the pay no mind list. He argued earlier this year that the Bears lost the game to the Pack b/c they deferred.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

If that were the criteria for posting there would be even less traffic than there is on this site.

As it stands my comment was not that wrong. Turner had too few good years there. And the firing of Marty did not turn out well.

BTW Turner never did "go further" than MS as you erroneously claimed. Neither one won a playoff game.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Norv won 3 PLAYOFF GAMES. Tennessee, Indy, Indy. Laughing Laughing Laughing

#JDI
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
If I were you guys I would just add Al to the pay no mind list. He argued earlier this year that the Bears lost the game to the Pack b/c they deferred.
That is a Lie.

I argued that deferring to Aaron Rodgers is an idiotic thing to do especially when your team has a hard time winning when it gets behind.

Sup is Lovie Smith's last defender on the Bears site. He saw nothing wrong with the way he coached and no reason to get rid of him.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Norv won 3 PLAYOFF GAMES. Tennessee, Indy, Indy. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Correct Wikipedia then. It lists three playoff losses as his only appearances.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:

You went to wiki to back up your argument? Laughing
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

You went to wiki to back up your argument? Laughing
To Norv Turner's Wiki nonetheless

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he drunk?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norv_Turner Laughing Laughing Laughing

#JDI
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Is he drunk?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norv_Turner Laughing Laughing Laughing

And I was on Norv's page about two hours ago and it said 3 playoff wins......

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: