Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns hire Rob Chudzinski as HC, Signs a 4-year, $12M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanatos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel Tucker is believed to be heading to Cleveland to run the defense as well. I bet Cleveland fans are smiling considering that they could have a strong coaching staff.

The Browns deserve to have some success, they have been a bad team for way too long. It's overdue.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STAY AWAY FROM PAGS

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
pnies20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
STAY AWAY FROM PAGS

Depends on what the new HC out there wants but he's the Browns first choice Smile

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Sounds like Josh McGenious.

Crying or Very sad

fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
EZ FTW.

The legit comments and worries are understandable and welcomed.

The random Browns being Browns or Browns are cheap comments make no sense and are borderline trolling.
For what it's worth, I think it's a solid hire. I'm just hoping for your guys' sake that he learned from his OC mistakes in Carolina. When he was on, he was very good. But he'd get stubborn with his scheme and periodically the situational playcalling would make you scratch your head.
I think a lot of his mistakes were born from trying to do too much with Cam (read options, fancy pants playcalls, etc). With Weeden, I don't see that as an issue. And I think the Browns receivers will be great with a Coryell style downofield passing game.
I agree with this. I don't think Chud was ever bad, he just got enamored with doing nontraditional things because Newton is such an athlete. Then, I think he got stubborn about it.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
EZ FTW.

The legit comments and worries are understandable and welcomed.

The random Browns being Browns or Browns are cheap comments make no sense and are borderline trolling.
For what it's worth, I think it's a solid hire. I'm just hoping for your guys' sake that he learned from his OC mistakes in Carolina. When he was on, he was very good. But he'd get stubborn with his scheme and periodically the situational playcalling would make you scratch your head.
I think a lot of his mistakes were born from trying to do too much with Cam (read options, fancy pants playcalls, etc). With Weeden, I don't see that as an issue. And I think the Browns receivers will be great with a Coryell style downofield passing game.
I agree with this. I don't think Chud was ever bad, he just got enamored with doing nontraditional things because Newton is such an athlete. Then, I think he got stubborn about it.

yeah I think in Chuds first season with Cam he was simple with his plays an play calling to make it easer on him. I think in the 2nd season and with how well Cam played he thought he could do more. I think in the beginning of the season Chud was over coaching himself, that he was trying to be to smart. I say the second half of the year when the Pathers and Newton started to play better they went back to simpler offense.

I think in Cleveland Chud will have a clear cut idea of what his offense will look like.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the Browns will sign Alex Smith. Before Harbaugh his best year was in a Air Coryell with Norv Turner in 06. And believe it or not...he's younger than Weeden Laughing
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't a simpler offense, he just quit running everything out of the shotgun so we could actually get a legitimate run game going. And, the read-option became a wrinkle, as opposed to a staple. Plus, they added shorter routes to pass plays to give some outlets for a line that was destroyed by injuries. He run a much more traditional offense, which is why it was so much more successful.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
I wonder if the Browns will sign Alex Smith. Before Harbaugh his best year was in a Air Coryell with Norv Turner in 06. And believe it or not...he's younger than Weeden Laughing

That was my bet in the Browns forum: we would sign Smith to duke it out with Weeden.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we signed Smith, he would be the unquestioned starter. I guess barring an unforeseen circumstance like the Russell Wilson/Matt Flynn one we had this past off-season. He's going to get paid starter's money though.

The only thing that makes me think that maybe we won't have an interest in Smith is the talk of a "downfield passing attack" that goes with Chudzinski. When I think of Alex Smith, that's not really what I think. I would certainly take Alex Smith though. I think he's an average starter in this league, and he does have a few weapons to work with. He was good enough to nearly make a Super Bowl last year. I don't see anyone at the top of this draft who I would want to start in Cleveland, so he would seem to be the best QB in the picture.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't go through the entire thread to see if this was posted yet:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21555016/former-browns-qb-derek-anderson-lobbies-for-return-to-cleveland-on-facebook

The article states "There real curveball here is that the Browns are reportedly interested..."

Anderson is NOT the direction the Browns want to go.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:

Anderson is NOT the direction the Browns want to go.

Derek Anderson wrote:
The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner

Yeah, we know we dont want to go back to that well
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New uniform changes are also expected with the arrival of Cleveland's new coach.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
New uniform changes are also expected with the arrival of Cleveland's new coach.

merica
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Weeden approves:

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: