Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski is out for the rest of playoffs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
The fractured arm suffered by Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski on Sunday was not identical to the original fracture he suffered November 18, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Gronkowski-break-not-the-same-as-first-o?blockID=823573&feedID=3352

Also:
Quote:
Because of the implanted plate, there will always be a risk to the area at the end, the source explained, because of a "collection of stress." The injury could have occurred "three years from now" in the same spot, said the source.

I hate everything

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has a chance to reoccur at any time, will he need to wear that brace thing all the time when he comes back?
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
If it has a chance to reoccur at any time, will he need to wear that brace thing all the time when he comes back?
probably a cast.

I don't know if the plate will get removed at some point, or what. Someone with more knowledge of the procedure will have to fill me in on that.

This whole thing is depressing. It just goes to show that no matter how talented you are, how much effort you put into what you do, or how good your attitude is, you can get screwed over by totally random freak occurrences.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just 23-years old, looked like he has the potential to be the best, perhaps ever, and now from the looks of it he will forever be limited as far blocking goes and a lot more likely to suffer an injury to his arm, so very sad.

Edit:
I'm really not sure about this, could Gronk be back to 100% next season by having the plate removed and let the injury heal naturally and will no longer be sensitive to suffering an arm injury?
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about overreacting! This isn't something that will affect him long term. Once the cast comes off and the bone regains its strenght Gronk will be fine. The surgeon wouldn't have implanted gronk with the plate if he felt this would cause long term issues like those being suggested here. He will be back to normal next season,.

Mack on the sig
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Just 23-years old, looked like he has the potential to be the best, perhaps ever, and now from the looks of it he will forever be limited as far blocking goes and a lot more likely to suffer an injury to his arm, so very sad.

Edit:
I'm really not sure about this, could Gronk be back to 100% next season by having the plate removed and let the injury heal naturally and will no longer be sensitive to suffering an arm injury?

That's what I was wondering: is the plate there to get him back sooner? and therefore, now he has a whole off-season to heal, could it not be taken out and just casted to heal naturally?

Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Edit:

That's what I was wondering: is the plate there to get him back sooner? and therefore, now he has a whole off-season to heal, could it not be taken out and just casted to heal naturally?

Well he had surgery again, not sure what it means but probably that they put the plate in over letting it heal naturally.
Tom Brady Tribute
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major blow.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he never should have been brought back, thats a damn shame

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: