Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What about drafting Gerald Hodges in the 2nd or 3rd?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ESKY008

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think drafting a LB is the answer. We won 2 superbowls with arguably the worst LB core in the league. Our success is based in our d line. Can anyone remember when our d line dominated and we lost??? Can anyone remember when our LBs took over a game???
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Kiper has us taking Sam Montgomery out of LSU in the 1st round. Caaaalled it.

Certainly a possibility.. but do you think he'll be the BPA at 19? He looks very good, but I feel like his upside is kind of limited unlike Mingo on the otherside. However, I would take Montgomery over Mingo because he a pure 4-3 pass rushing edge. I'm totally down for trading down first round though. I just really hope that we can get Khaseem Greene in Rd 2. LB needs an upgrade asap especially since we should cut Rivers and Boley.
Tehzl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
I don't think drafting a LB is the answer. We won 2 superbowls with arguably the worst LB core in the league. Our success is based in our d line. Can anyone remember when our d line dominated and we lost??? Can anyone remember when our LBs took over a game???

Exactly what I am thinking. We won the superbowl last year and we had the same linebacker lineup, what we need to work on is Dline. This draft is gushing with dline depth, if we want a linebacker, sure take one this year, but I think there will be at least 5 day 1 linebackers in 2014. C.J. Mosely, Shayne Skov, Andrew Jackson, Kyle Van Noy, Anthony Barr. Boy look at that linebacker depth next year. I am licking my chops, this year we should worry about Dline and Corners and OL. Next year Linebacker, OL, and one of those big WRs coming out.

EDIT: Looking around the internet, it seems like Gerald Hodges is tearing it up in the East-West Shrine practices.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: