Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

O-line no Longer a Worry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: O-line no Longer a Worry Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/grading-redskins-team-has-depth-interior-o-line

I know R T still could use an ugrade but Polo played to his best ability..There are worse Right Tackles in this league than he. I don't think we'll add an O-line this year unless we lose 'Steiger ..Gawd forbid.
biggest needs Free Safety, T E, Corner. Hope we just go BPA other than QB, RB ( T E Really thinking we can't afford Fred Davis )
rizzy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think RGIII and the read option helped make the line look better than it is, maybe we are at a point where the line is good as long as no one gets hurt but we definitely need to get a RT.
NHL-Capitals
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to say it every year, but I would really like to see Steiger move to center. Either Steiger moves to center, or LeRibeus does. Montgomery will not be a long-term starter.

They cannot afford to lose Steiger this year, and honestly he's not going to break the bank. Perhaps a $5MM/year deal with a lower cap hit this season due to the penalty.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
I'm going to say it every year, but I would really like to see Steiger move to center. Either Steiger moves to center, or LeRibeus does. Montgomery will not be a long-term starter.

They cannot afford to lose Steiger this year, and honestly he's not going to break the bank. Perhaps a $5MM/year deal with a lower cap hit this season due to the penalty.

Monty ?? Guy plays hurt. Per that article gave up ONE sack..good runblocker..Have to say , maybe's not All Pro but only a couple of those....
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Monty ?? Guy plays hurt. Per that article gave up ONE sack..good runblocker..Have to say , maybe's not All Pro but only a couple of those....

Yea, I'm confused by this as well. I thought Monty had an outstanding season. I love our O-line right now. I would love us to get a good young RT but every other position I'm happy with. I loved how LeRibeus looked late in the season and even Hurt showed some great promise playing both G and T. Throw in Compton and Gettis and we have some nice young depth. When was the last time you could say that about our line?

mike23md on the sig!
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE is not a need. Not as much as S, CB, ILB and RT. If Compton can really show some things this off season, would love to get him a lot of time in the preseason games.

But most likely we franchise Davis, and with Paulsen and Paul we should be set, but if any TE to get rid of its Paul, cause I really like Michael Williams from Alabama. Kid is aggressive and can catch. Much like Paulsen but Williams can actually catch in traffic and create plays. Would be a nice offset to Davis.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monty is a pro bowl caliber center.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree!!!! Monty played extremely well this year in run and pass blocking!!! I do think he struggles with shotgun snaps at time, but he is deff our future at the center position!!!
Im not sure Kory will be back unless he signs a team friendly deal. LeRibbus has shown he can play, so I dont think they will invest a ton of money in Kory! He really struggled with mental errors this year. He had way to many false starts!!!! One thing that might be in our bennifit is Kory can only really play for a zone blocking team. Although he is very athletic, he may be a little small for teams that like big Maulers at guard. I dont think the FA market is going to be all that much for him so we should be able to work something out!!! Im not sure it really matters because I think LeRibbus is the future at that postion.
The matchup Im excited about is Adam Gettis vrs. Chris Chester. I think there will be a little competition at RG in camp. Dont get me wrong....Chris has played very well for..I just have high hopes for Gettis. He was thought to be a steal for us in the 5th round of last years draft!!!
Compton and Polumbus will be interesting also...The coaching staff seems to be pretty high on Compton.
TKellion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

This is one of the few times I disagree with you Footy,Montgomery was solid all year long except for a couple shot gun snaps against Seattle.He earned the right to be the incumbent starter going into next year.Chester was barely mentioned all year in all the games I watched he played well.I was always hearing Lichtenstieger's name during games for false start or holding.If he returns I believe it will be for a cap friendly deal much like Montgomery.But I would not be remorsefull if they let him leave.Polumbus was solid and should be retained in my opinion.LeRibeus,Hurt,Gettis and Compton are solid young depth.Give Polumbus another year to start and draft a RT in the late 5th or 6th to groom.I really want to see a DB heavy draft early on this year.I think we need to get bigger and more physical at the corner and safety position.Rhodes,Amerson,Poyer and Trufant in that order is my wish list at CB,hoping for two of them.McDonald,Reid,Hall,Bishop,Armstrong at S.Likewise hoping for two of them to go with Crawford,Minnifield,Wilson,Pugh,Bernstien,Doughty and Gomes.Jackson,Williams,Merryweather,Hall and Griffin can all find the door and go elsewhere.Love Michael Williams as a late TE Draft pick.A two tight end set with him and Paulson would be beast like Cool I believe we should look for a ILB in FA to fill the void that Fletch's retirement will eventually create. Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only position I would consider upgrading is Rt, but Polumbus played OK. Still I think it could be upgraded, but isn't as big of a problem as our secondary (especially FS) is.

Rich Tandler said he's heard they may not even re-sign Kory L because they have Leribeus but I hope that doesn't happen. I think letting Kory L go in FA would be a mistake. He played hurt this year and played well except for some false starts.

I agree with the majority that Monty was a great re-sign and played great this year. There isn't any reason to move Kory L to center currently.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Redskins O-Line is nothing special. They look good because they're frankly not asked to do much in the passing game and in the running game they're helped by having a back who is only behind Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch in terms of making defenders miss and also because of all the other stuff the Redskins do with the Quarterback out of Pistol which makes D-Lines play more tentative. Trent Williams is a great player but the rest are nothing more than ok.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
The Redskins O-Line is nothing special. They look good because they're frankly not asked to do much in the passing game and in the running game they're helped by having a back who is only behind Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch in terms of making defenders miss and also because of all the other stuff the Redskins do with the Quarterback out of Pistol which makes D-Lines play more tentative. Trent Williams is a great player but the rest are nothing more than ok.

Actually this is one of the better OL that we have had in a while. While its not made up of superstar bunch of guys, they have good chemistry and do their job.

I mean, they led the way for Alfred Morris and RGIII to have a good season. They played well in the ZBS and Williams made the probowl.

I think they are underrated, but by no means are they so bad that they need to be overhauled like the last 10 years that we have been screaming for them to do it.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I may be underrating Montgomery a bit, this system is very forgiving. The truth is that Chester and Steiger are the bigger reason for Montgomery's effectiveness this season.

Anything between $3-4MM/annum would be a great deal for Steiger. What some seem to be forgetting is the amount of movement that is required by that LG and I don't think LeRibeus is suited for it.

Montgomery is 30, let's not be thinking he's a long-term solution, heck I only expect Steiger to be around for another ~4 years anyhow and he's 2 years younger.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Monty just signed a 4 year deal in February. 4 yr/12m. So the front office thinks that he is viable at C, more off than Kory L.

Kory has the agility to get out and move defenders. He had great mobility and can push out defenders in the ZBS. Quite happy with their status right now and just upgrading the RT spot instead of moving a bunch of people all around works best imho.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: