Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What should be done with Big Red and this Dline?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Choose one
Cut Bryant
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cut Big Red's pay
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
He's fine, just needs more pass rush help.
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

Plush

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: What should be done with Big Red and this Dline? Reply with quote

Posed this question in another thread and thought it could use its own topic. What should we do gents?
chpjns15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be interested to see what Dan Quinn can do with Big Red. He is obviously talented, but I think we should try cut his pay and use him more a a situational player. I still want to draft 1-2 interior pass rushers, and a pass rushing WLB.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
MAC DRE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, he needs to get healthy then see if he's back to his old self

Red shouldn't play on obvious pass situations. Ever.

Def need more pass rush help and re sign Jones

If he isn't effective next season then ask him to take a pay cut and if he says no then just cut him. Can't pay elite pass rusher money to an unconvential end who can't rush the passer at all and be average at what he use to dominate at (da run). Waste of space. I wonder how much better our defense would have been if we had a traditional end rushing the passer from the right side all year...scary. Saw flashes when Bruce showed up

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see who Pete brings in first.

If Jason Jones wants a big payday (probably does), then I don't see Pete overpaying for him. Given that Clem will miss most of TC, I could see him drafting another pass rusher in the high rounds or via FA.

In regards to Big Red, I could see Dan Quinn wanting to keep him and see what he could do with him.I would be happy to keep him anyway and see what he can do. Give Greg Scruggs some reps at DE and make a competition out of it.

We need an interior pass rush badly. Lets see what Dan Quinn can do with Alan Branch (who I would like to resign for a good price)
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the harshness of Big Red. Clearly he was injuried..his 2011 play vs 2012 was huge. If he puts up another dud next year, I'd have to say maybe, but I think he was playing hurt.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
I don't understand the harshness of Big Red. Clearly he was injuried..his 2011 play vs 2012 was huge. If he puts up another dud next year, I'd have to say maybe, but I think he was playing hurt.
He got dominated by a TE in the run game against DC. The hate is warranted

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

Hasn't he been playing through plantar fasciitis though?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

Yeah, which would explain him not being quite as good. But getting dominated by a TE is awful. Zach Miller tore his plantar fascitis and had the best game of his career.

ram29jackson wrote:
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

Yeah, which would explain him not being quite as good. But getting dominated by a TE is awful. Zach Miller tore his plantar fascitis and had the best game of his career.

Say what you want, but this defense is dependent on a guy like Red, it wouldn't work without a guy like him, just look at the 2010' season.

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We offered him 35MM, and we weren't the only team apparently. He made our team tick in 2011; I can't imagine his horrible production for any reason other than injury.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red was given excessive praise last year and it showed how much of an impact he truly had this year. You can find guys who are close to as good at stopping the run and 10 times the pass rushers.

ram29jackson wrote:
sirensong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
We offered him 35MM, and we weren't the only team apparently. He made our team tick in 2011; I can't imagine his horrible production for any reason other than injury.

Red was overblown last year because of his size and the position he was playing. Yes he was good, but he was completely 1 dimesional and brought nothing other than consistent run D.

This year he got dominated at the line ALOT and got washed out ALOT. I love the guy he's a beauty, but hes incredibly overrated. Injury or not, he was very overblown last year.

Jason Jones would be a MUCH better every down player at that position than Red ever could be.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

Red was overblown last year because of his size and the position he was playing. Yes he was good, but he was completely 1 dimesional and brought nothing other than consistent run D.

This year he got dominated at the line ALOT and got washed out ALOT. I love the guy he's a beauty, but hes incredibly overrated. Injury or not, he was very overblown last year.

Jason Jones would be a MUCH better every down player at that position than Red ever could be.

Give any coordinator in the league a couple years of game film to study and they will figure out what a players weaknesses are. The bigger issue than Red's injury is that I would bet that the rest of the league figured out the keys to neutralizing him in the run game and now it's going to be up to Red and Dan Quinn to make the next adjustment.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
sirensong wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

Give any coordinator in the league a couple years of game film to study and they will figure out what a players weaknesses are. The bigger issue than Red's injury is that I would bet that the rest of the league figured out the keys to neutralizing him in the run game and now it's going to be up to Red and Dan Quinn to make the next adjustment.
dude... He was getting washed out by TEs. There's no excuse for his play this year

ram29jackson wrote:
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Red was given excessive praise last year and it showed how much of an impact he truly had this year. You can find guys who are close to as good at stopping the run and 10 times the pass rushers.

Who?, Name one guy in the league that the Hawks can get that would be as good, or better than Red in this defensive scheme.

Red had an up & down year this year and he wasn't the only guy on the team, our famous secondary was up & down this year as well.

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: