Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a bit of over reaction to this Te'o story.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/notre-dame-manti-teo-girlfriend-lennay-kekua-death-apparently-hoax-011613

Well I look at it in a couple of ways. If it is true that Te'o completely fabricated the entire thing and got others in on it as well, then in no way is this an over reaction. If he fabricated it from the beginning then Manti is a pathological liar and needs serious evaluation.
However I think the more logical explanation is that this started out as a hoax, but when Manti eventually found out it was a hoax, he was too embarrassed and shamed to admit it to everyone who thought he had a girlfriend with Leukemia, it got too big and out of hand for him so he kept it going.

Either way, it is one crazy story.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to watch Corey Lemonier tonight in the Auburn/LSU game from this year.

The guy has an insane motor. He was going 100 mph all game. He also has very good burst and speed off the edge, while being able to bend the corner well. Right now i don't see him as being much more than a situational player early in his career. While he plays with a non stop motor, he is out of control and gave up some nice runs for the LSU backs because of it. He also struggles holding ground in the running game and gets pushed back/washed out far too often.

However, as far as pass rushing talent goes there may not be anyone better in the late 1st round. His online weight is undersized at 6'4" and no more than 250 pounds, but if he can add a little weight while being coached up he could become a very dangerous and disruptive player in the NFL.
LW33

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Ford, the TB from LSU, bench presses 600 lbs. and runs a sub 4.4......fresh legs from having played in a crowded college backfield. Me likey though...
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LW33 wrote:
Michael Ford, the TB from LSU, bench presses 600 lbs. and runs a sub 4.4......fresh legs from having played in a crowded college backfield. Me likey though...

You sure that's not a squat or something?
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd, Ansah, Ertz, Banks.

That is who four respective NFL mocks (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts)see us picking in the 1st.

I'd love Ertz or Banks.

The type of prospect of Floyd in the first: rather in the 2nd. Ansah? Have yet to really do some research on him.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Floyd, Ansah, Ertz, Banks.

That is who four respective NFL mocks (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts)see us picking in the 1st.

I'd love Ertz or Banks.

The type of prospect of Floyd in the first: rather in the 2nd. Ansah? Have yet to really do some research on him.

If we draft Ansah before the 4th round I will be outraged, completely outraged.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I was able to watch Corey Lemonier tonight in the Auburn/LSU game from this year.

The guy has an insane motor. He was going 100 mph all game. He also has very good burst and speed off the edge, while being able to bend the corner well. Right now i don't see him as being much more than a situational player early in his career. While he plays with a non stop motor, he is out of control and gave up some nice runs for the LSU backs because of it. He also struggles holding ground in the running game and gets pushed back/washed out far too often.

However, as far as pass rushing talent goes there may not be anyone better in the late 1st round. His online weight is undersized at 6'4" and no more than 250 pounds, but if he can add a little weight while being coached up he could become a very dangerous and disruptive player in the NFL.

I could not agree with your assessment anymore germ-x. Good work.

As an Auburn fan (and season-ticket holder), Ive gotten my fair share of watching Corey. Although playing for an awful team this year, hes got some crazy potential and it hasnt even been scratched yet. It wasnt until this year that he even attempted to defend the run and I think he didnt do a terrible job. Yes, he got crushed against LSU and Bama, but everyone does.

One thing that you touched on that I love about the kid is his motor. He truly has a ferocious motor and adds tremendously quick speed to that. Hes also got a variety of pass-rush moves. I think it would have benefited him more to stay in college one more year. He didnt add weight until this year and seems like coaches started to tell him hes got to start playing the run if he wants to play 3 downs in the NFL.

Im not sure he'll get drafted in the 1st but based on pass-rush (we know the NFL loves this, i.e. Bruce Irvin) and motor he could easily slip into the 1st. At the bottom of the first, with our need for a DE and more pass rushers, it might be smart to consider. At our 2nd round pick, we'd be stupid to pass up on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't take Lemonier in the first, personally. Nice motor, I question his production. I'd much rather take Alex Okafor or Sam Montgomery if we're going the pass rusher route. Hell, maybe even Kiki Mingo if he's around. He may fall.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I wouldn't take Lemonier in the first, personally. Nice motor, I question his production. I'd much rather take Alex Okafor or Sam Montgomery if we're going the pass rusher route. Hell, maybe even Kiki Mingo if he's around. He may fall.

His production is out of question this year. Look at last year and the year before. His production the years before show he has the skills. I watched every game this year. He had ZERO help around him and thats being nice.

In terms of pass rushing, Corey Lemonier is top-3 in the class.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Lemonier. I think he can be productive. However, I don't see aplace for him in Denver. I don't think he can be an every down defensive end and thats what he would need to be to justify a 1st round pick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
I like Lemonier. I think he can be productive. However, I don't see aplace for him in Denver. I don't think he can be an every down defensive end and thats what he would need to be to justify a 1st round pick

Agreed. Nice player, to me though, he's more of a 3-4 OLB. I don't doubt he can rush the passer, but if he weights in around 250, which he probably will, I just don't see how he'd be used at this point. Like I said, Montgomery, Okafor, guys with that skillset fit us better given the makeup of the team.

Honestly, after hearing Gase's press conference, I wouldn't be surprised at first round WR or RB. If we're gonna run an up tempo offense, having quick players that can take advantage of the defense is a necessity. I wouldn't be against a TE, if it were Eifert. I don't like Ertz. At any rate, a speedy WR is a necessity for this team. Stokley would still have a role, but we need more. Quinton Patton is a nice option, Stedman Bailey too. There's a ton of guys that fit our need there.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another interesting guy I would like for our team is Ace Sanders. Dude was a lightning rod at South Carolina. He operates well in space and would be a good slot man. He's also got those return abilities.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:

He can be though thats what you dont get.

Like I said already, he just started playing the run this year and before the end of the season he was learning how to maintain leverage and hand-control. This is a high-potential player based on how he developed in college, late.

Justifying a first round pick doesnt mean you have to be a 3-down player. Please explain the moves of drafting Aldon Smith and Bruce Irvin? They were both drafted in the top of the 1st round for their pass-rushing and to say they were bad picks is just ignorant.

The NFL is going in the direction of the Arena league (passing wise) and having multiple pass-rushers is most important.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:

Like I said already, he just started playing the run this year and before the end of the season he was learning how to maintain leverage and hand-control. This is a high-potential player based on how he developed in college, late.

Justifying a first round pick doesnt mean you have to be a 3-down player. Please explain the moves of drafting Aldon Smith and Bruce Irvin? They were both drafted in the top of the 1st round for their pass-rushing and to say they were bad picks is just ignorant.

The NFL is going in the direction of the Arena league (passing wise) and having multiple pass-rushers is most important.

Those guys you mentioned filled holes though. One is a 3-4 OLB, other is a 4-3 OLB. What would Lemonier play here? DE? No. SLB? No. WLB? No.

I just don't see it.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:

Those guys you mentioned filled holes though. One is a 3-4 OLB, other is a 4-3 OLB. What would Lemonier play here? DE? No. SLB? No. WLB? No.

I just don't see it.

Wait... Why cant he play DE? Kick Wolfe inside and play him opposite Doom.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 34 of 83

Jump to: