Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An Open Letter to Michael Bidwill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iRobot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: An Open Letter to Michael Bidwill Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Bidwill,

I'll be direct, I understand why you hired Bruce Arians. Obviously, Ken Whisenhunt spent 2007-2012 in Arizona, building an offense around a scheme that is similar to what Bruce Arians brings. I also understand how intriguing Arians history is with quarterbacks as he had a hand in the development of Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, and Andrew Luck. Let's be clear here though, Mr. Bidwill, all three of those quarterbacks were highly skilled college players that were selected in the first round with the 1st, 11th, and 1st pick of their respective draft class. Being drafted that high, one would expect success from them at the NFL level with even average quarterback development.

So you got your man.. the person whom you think will groom a franchise quarterback for the Cardinals and take them back to the promised land. But in the process, you took the one thing that Arizona was able to hang it's hat on the last two years... Ray Horton and his attacking defense. Now, I know it's a business and coordinators grow on trees apparently, but in this business continuity is huge and you just devastated the continuity of this defense.

As of right now, as a fan, I am dissatisfied with the decisions this organization has made.

I leave you with this, and only this.. prove me wrong. I beg you to prove me wrong.

I'll be watching..
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to point out the irony that Arians repeatedly said this is a team game and it takes a whole team to win. Yet Bidwell was so desperate to improve the offense that he would gut the defense.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
I would just like to point out the irony that Arians repeatedly said this is a team game and it takes a whole team to win. Yet Bidwell was so desperate to improve the offense that he would gut the defense.

Do you really think our D will fall apart?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

Scheme and Playcalling mean, so, so, so, so much to a defense. It is why a team like Pittsburgh can consistently turn over personnel and still keep their elite defense while others need to personnel to function.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
TB12#

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done with this franchise.
I'm out! you guys probably don't care
But i will not spend a single second of my life anymore on this pathetic franchise.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

Scheme and Playcalling mean, so, so, so, so much to a defense. It is why a team like Pittsburgh can consistently turn over personnel and still keep their elite defense while others need to personnel to function.

Right but I'm asking if we're gonna fall apart because the D was "gutted"... We still have 3 borderline elite players coming into their prime with Dockett, Williams, Carter, Acho/Scofield & Rhodes mixed in there. Definitely have some holes which I think Ray was able to mask but there's still lots of talent on D.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
HighMotorGuy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Michael Bidwill

How many decades will it take to build a good football team here in the desert?

Yours Sincerely
HighMotorGuy
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

Right but I'm asking if we're gonna fall apart because the D was "gutted"... We still have 3 borderline elite players coming into their prime with Dockett, Williams, Carter, Acho/Scofield & Rhodes mixed in there. Definitely have some holes which I think Ray was able to mask but there's still lots of talent on D.

While I'm going to stand here and say the defense will absolutely be gutted and while I certainly acknowledge that Patrick Peterson is an amazing new piece that changes the argument so a certain extent, it does bearing mentioning that we had most of the guys you're talking about when Bill Davis was here. Calais, Dockett, D-Wash, Dan Williams, Kerry, Schofield, A-Dub, all here under Bill Davis. That defense was one of the worst in the NFL in 2010. It was Ray Horton who put that altogether.

I think it's more than fair to question how well the defense will perform minus Ray Horton.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

While I'm going to stand here and say the defense will absolutely be gutted and while I certainly acknowledge that Patrick Peterson is an amazing new piece that changes the argument so a certain extent, it does bearing mentioning that we had most of the guys you're talking about when Bill Davis was here. Calais, Dockett, D-Wash, Dan Williams, Kerry, Schofield, A-Dub, all here under Bill Davis. That defense was one of the worst in the NFL in 2010. It was Ray Horton who put that altogether.

I think it's more than fair to question how well the defense will perform minus Ray Horton.

Yes gut was maybe too strong of a word. Just me being emotional perhaps. But it's going to be a whole new defensive staff probably not just Horton. I do not expect the defense to take a step forward next year I'd bet on that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: