Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetical Relocation Question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Hypothetical Relocation Question... Reply with quote

I was on a Sacramento Kings forum reading about them relocating to Seattle and the sadness from the fans made me think about my team.

Hypothetical question: If the Glazers sold the team or relocated them to a different city like L.A. Renamed them the Los Angeles...Earthquakes...or something completely different from Buccaneer.

New city. New owner. New colors. Same record-book.

Would you remain a fan of the franchise? Or would you officially not be a fan of any team?

Props to Eggy
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tough one. I don't think I could bring myself to suppor the new team. I definitely wouldn't change to another team.

If that happened and another team moved to Tampa, I would support the new Tampa team.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If things don't change in the next 3 years or so then yeah its a real possibility this will start to become more realistic.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt I would still be a fan. Being from New York, my fandom has nothing to do with geography. I still have never been to Ray Jay...although I hope to make that happen soon.

The new colors would throw me off more than a new city, TBH. Ditching the pewter and red would be disappointing.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
No doubt I would still be a fan. Being from New York, my fandom has nothing to do with geography. I still have never been to Ray Jay...although I hope to make that happen soon.

The new colors would throw me off more than a new city, TBH. Ditching the pewter and red would be disappointing.

Same. Being from Montreal, my Bucs fandom has more to do with getting attached as a kid than living in Tampa. I'll follow them anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the way the stadium was built, and the money that came directly from the taxpayers to build it, the city of Tampa Bay has a deal ensuring the team can not relocate for quite some time. I know this is a hypothetical, not dogging on the OP or anything, just letting people know who are saying this could actually happen, that it will not for a very very long time.

Answering hypothetically, however, if the deal weren't in place and the team did decide to relocate, I would become very apathetic toward the NFL in general. I'd probably root on Christian Ponder and the rest of my fellow FSU alum, and heck, the Bucs would probably even stay my team, but I would not care near as much as I do now.

*EDIT* For anyone that doesn't know the time-line of our current deal, the Bucs can't even think about moving until 2025.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Same. Being from Montreal, my Bucs fandom has more to do with getting attached as a kid than living in Tampa. I'll follow them anywhere.

Same for me too.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Same for me too.

Funnily enough, I'm from Scotland and have the complete opposite view. For me, I think there's just something about the team playing at Ray Jay in the great weather that really adds to it. As well as being a team that's relatively easy for me to go and see.

Probably seems quite a stupid thing and its not the reason why I'm a Bucs fan, but it's something that has always been a bonus when I'm watching them.
Buccaneer Bruce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nahhh I would quit rooting for the Bucs. I probably would change teams. I did it in the early 80's when the Kings left Kansas City to move to Sacramento, I became a Golden State Warriors fan.
haggis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

move the team and let them take the record books lol but keep the team name and colors and wait for another team
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they hypothethically moved im guessing its to LA or Vegas (when we build our super stadium. look...)

Then it would just make it easier for me to make games. Location was never a factor. I will say that whatever name we change to, that would be the hard part. Like DRD said love the pewter and red, so we'd have to do some special stuff for me to like a color change

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Same for me too.

Funnily enough, I'm from Scotland and have the complete opposite view. For me, I think there's just something about the team playing at Ray Jay in the great weather that really adds to it. As well as being a team that's relatively easy for me to go and see.

Probably seems quite a stupid thing and its not the reason why I'm a Bucs fan, but it's something that has always been a bonus when I'm watching them.

It sounds like you just like the nice weather Very Happy

Who would you cheer for instead, knowing the team you used to like is still out there?
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left Tampa around 7 years ago and still remained a Bucs fan, so though I'd be real disappointed in our team moving, geography would not effect me and I'd remain a fan.
mfw096

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
If they hypothethically moved im guessing its to LA or Vegas (when we build our super stadium. look...)

Then it would just make it easier for me to make games. Location was never a factor. I will say that whatever name we change to, that would be the hard part. Like DRD said love the pewter and red, so we'd have to do some special stuff for me to like a color change

2017 I believe is the date they think Vegas will have a new stadium at least that's what I heard on 1100 yesterday here in Vegas.

Anyways no I couldn't stay a fan if they moved I don't think.

Also the Bucs will never relocate mostly because the history and all the extra money they make from all the extra venues and this is also one of the top spots for the Super Bowl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: