Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

trade idea
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: trade idea Reply with quote

Scenario:

philly takes milliner #3, derelle revis is healthy... Does Detroit trade #5 to the jets.for revis?

He is easily.the beat cover corner when healthy and Detroit was very close in a lot.of.its games... Pull the trigger or no?
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Financially we can't afford. I would love a player of his caliber but it would cripple our cap. I don't see a CB going ahead of us, and I am not sold on Milliner anyways. Plenty of options at 5, preferably a trade down.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way we could keep Revis happy salary-wise.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any player that would be good value at 5 would likely cripple our cap, we should just take Werner and enjoy elite production for years to come

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: trade idea Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
Scenario:

philly takes milliner #3, derelle revis is healthy... Does Detroit trade #5 to the jets.for revis?

He is easily.the beat cover corner when healthy and Detroit was very close in a lot.of.its games... Pull the trigger or no?

I know that Philly doesn't have as much strength in the secondary as people seem to think they do, but I would be willing to bet a whole lot that they won't be taking a corner in the first. It's not even close to their biggest need, and it won't be even close to the BPA. If they take Mil at #3, we have a better player available at 5. Likely on the O-line.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be extremely distraught if Philly took DeMarcus one selection ahead of us.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:

Seriously though... You really, really have to think there is a better fit for their personnel at #3.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Seriously though... You really, really have to think there is a better fit for their personnel at #3.
Not really. It wouldn't be much different than us selecting either Werner or Moore. Their secondary stunk, and there's a lot of money being spent there with not enough return. Doesn't that sound like our DL?
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Not really. It wouldn't be much different than us selecting either Werner or Moore. Their secondary stunk, and there's a lot of money being spent there with not enough return. Doesn't that sound like our DL?

With an exception... We overpaid short-term from this year on, they overpayed long term from this point on. I don't think you build the secondary first, especially with a new HC coming in, and they have bigger holes.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

With an exception... We overpaid short-term from this year on, they overpayed long term from this point on. I don't think you build the secondary first, especially with a new HC coming in, and they have bigger holes.
They've got Cullen Jenkins and Fletcher Cox in the interior, with Brandon Graham and Trent Cole on the outside- so with DeMeco Ryans at MLB, I'd hardly call drafting Milliner building from the secondary.

Safety is actually their greatest need on that defense, just like here in Detroit. But with so much money tied up at corner, it would make sense to cut ties with Scrabble, retain DRC, and then draft Milliner along with a top safety in the 2nd.

Offensively, they could look to the F/A market.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

They've got Cullen Jenkins and Fletcher Cox in the interior, with Brandon Graham and Trent Cole on the outside- so with DeMeco Ryans at MLB, I'd hardly call drafting Milliner building from the secondary.

Safety is actually their greatest need on that defense, just like here in Detroit. But with so much money tied up at corner, it would make sense to cut ties with Scrabble, retain DRC, and then draft Milliner along with a top safety in the 2nd.

Their offensive line is basically in shambles right now. They have an offensive HC coming in that will inevitably force some of his scheme onto the offense. They're picking #3, and though there isn't a QB worth it, there will be an offensive player they NEED at that point.

Picking a corner over building either side of the trenches is exactly what i mean by building the secondary before the inside, regardless of how talented they are on one side vs. the other. I wouldn't even be surprised if they reached for Geno early. I would be extremely surprised if they went with Mil, even if they cut Scrabble. Maybe especially if they cut Scrabble. That would be borderline lunacy.

Again, I know their secondary isn't great.... but they have much, much worse holes.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At any rate, I think we basically have the same argument but are going in different directions with it... Essentially, it doesn't matter who the names they put out there are, what matters is who actually performs. Their O-line, secondary and QBs don't really perform despite the names they have there. They could go with Mil because their secondary was pretty much atrocious, but I think they start inside on the offense because A; it's more important in my estimation and B; because they're bringing in a new HC with a new offensive scheme. Kelly is really good at adapting, but that's mostly on the offensive side. He actually runs kind of a power run system that's been adapted to speedsters at Oregon, so I personally expect him to build that before touching a secondary that really should be far better than it was last year.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Their offensive line is basically in shambles right now. They have an offensive HC coming in that will inevitably force some of his scheme onto the offense. They're picking #3, and though there isn't a QB worth it, there will be an offensive player they NEED at that point.

Picking a corner over building either side of the trenches is exactly what i mean by building the secondary before the inside, regardless of how talented they are on one side vs. the other. I wouldn't even be surprised if they reached for Geno early. I would be extremely surprised if they went with Mil, even if they cut Scrabble. Maybe especially if they cut Scrabble. That would be borderline lunacy.

Again, I know their secondary isn't great.... but they have much, much worse holes.

But they still are most likely going to cut Scrabble. I think that was there plan the whole time because he is going to have a huge spike in pay this year and also, DRC is a FA. They also have Jason Peters coming back who is arguably their best player and if Joeckle goes number one (which he could if Alvert isnt tagged or resigned) then Milliner would probably be their smartest move on one of their biggest needs.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
At any rate, I think we basically have the same argument but are going in different directions with it... Essentially, it doesn't matter who the names they put out there are, what matters is who actually performs. Their O-line, secondary and QBs don't really perform despite the names they have there. They could go with Mil because their secondary was pretty much atrocious, but I think they start inside on the offense because A; it's more important in my estimation and B; because they're bringing in a new HC with a new offensive scheme. Kelly is really good at adapting, but that's mostly on the offensive side. He actually runs kind of a power run system that's been adapted to speedsters at Oregon, so I personally expect him to build that before touching a secondary that really should be far better than it was last year.

Shady was good enough to run 4.2 ypc without Peters in the lineup. Bringing Peters back in will boost that up to a 4.5 at least.

There is honestly nobody I can think that they would draft outside of Milliner besides Joeckle if he's there or Warmack. I cant see him drafting a QB right now. I bet he's going to ride with Vick. He's his kind of QB.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were the Jets would you trade Revis for the 5thweekend pick in the draft? I wouldn't. It would take a lot more, and as Sllim already mentioned... it would be near impossible to afford him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: